Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Witcher on Netflix

Really excited for this, wife and I will have finished the season this weekend 

13 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

Really excited for this, wife and I will have finished the season this weekend 

You're doing netflix and chill wrong. :)

Prob won’t watch it til we get back. Gonna be gone til 30th and won’t really be watching tv that much while we are down there 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Prob won’t watch it til we get back. Gonna be gone til 30th and won’t really be watching tv that much while we are down there 

🍿

I watched the first 3 episodes today. The first one caught my interest, the second was a little slower but introduced new characters.  Third one was decent.

I’ll definitely finish the season but i read that season 2 won’t be out until 2021, so I’m not sure if I’ll still be interested at that point.

Nice bewbs and a quality story so far...if you have played the game some of the characters should be familiar.  Swordplay is excellent...did I mention bewbs?  Seriously tho...this is a complex story they are trying to build...game of thrones sucked as well the first few episodes if anyone remembers.  I distinctly remember people saying about having to trying to get into it several times.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Nice bewbs and a quality story so far...if you have played the game some of the characters should be familiar.  Swordplay is excellent...did I mention bewbs?  Seriously tho...this is a complex story they are trying to build...game of thrones sucked as well the first few episodes if anyone remembers.  I distinctly remember people saying about having to trying to get into it several times.

I'm two episodes in and I don't understand who the characters are, their backstory (cause they're not explained) or anything else.  Story is convoluted and characters just show up and you're supposed to know who they are with no backstory.  So far, I'm disappointed.  I don't care for any of the characters at all, and that's a bad sign.  Thought it would be a lot better than it is.  Plus, Henry Cavill using Christian Bale's Batman voice isn't helping.  Garalt is supposed to be this badass but the only monster he's battled so far is in the first two minutes of episode one, he get's captured in the 2nd episode and a girl almost beats him.  Huh?

The production values are good as well as the CGI, but so far that's about it.  I'll watch the entire thing, but the way they were touting this I expected much better.

15 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I'm two episodes in and I don't understand who the characters are, their backstory (cause they're not explained) or anything else.  Story is convoluted and characters just show up and you're supposed to know who they are with no backstory.  So far, I'm disappointed.  I don't care for any of the characters at all, and that's a bad sign.  Thought it would be a lot better than it is.  Plus, Henry Cavill using Christian Bale's Batman voice isn't helping.  Garalt is supposed to be this badass but the only monster he's battled so far is in the first two minutes of episode one, he get's captured in the 2nd episode and a girl almost beats him.  Huh?

The production values are good as well as the CGI, but so far that's about it.  I'll watch the entire thing, but the way they were touting this I expected much better.

Can you corroborate the bewbs statement though? 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The acting has been really sub par. I am not a fan of Henry Cavill at all. I agree on batman voice. Why? 

That's how the video game voice is.

38 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The acting has been really sub par. I am not a fan of Henry Cavill at all. I agree on batman voice. Why? 

His voice is exactly how it's supposed to be.

Watch the dates...they are showing some pre stuff and post stuff. Flashbacks....so I can see where it gets confusing...like game of thrones was..

59 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Watch the dates...they are showing some pre stuff and post stuff. Flashbacks....so I can see where it gets confusing...like game of thrones was..

Yeah, I just found that out.  Poor job of communicating that to the viewer.

4 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I didn’t see any dates on screen during the episodes, so it was slightly confusing at first.  I am halfway through the season, though, and it has all been clarified.

My heterosexual life partner and I are absolutely loving this series so far. 
Well, I might be loving this more than him.  We don't watch it together

Either way, yes...the acting may not be the best in forever, but it's good enough for me .  But the idea behind it (I assume it was from a popular book series or summfin?) is right up my alley. 
Plus, the boobs are a great boner   bonus. 

So far I'm addicted and gonna be pretty pissed off tonight when I watch the last two episodes and have to wait another year or so for the next season. :mad:

14 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

So far I'm addicted and gonna be pretty pissed off tonight when I watch the last two episodes and have to wait another year or so for the next season. :mad:

I heard late 2021 for the next season. That's focking insane.

10 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

If that's true, I won't be very happy :(

17 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

what? Didn't they actually just start filming season 1 earlier this year and they released it already? I mean thats less than a year.

Seriously, these series that take two to three years in between seasons is going to lose a lot of people.

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

wow all these posts and nobody mentioned the "Ableist" issues this show has??

so un-woke

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people-warning-other-ableist-plot-222450975.html

What a load of garbage. 

So let me get this straight... It is harmful and wrong to wish to rise above or change a physical imperfection... 

Unless of course said imperfection is the wrong genetalia, in which case it is acceptable, nay heroic, to change it. Do I have that right? 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

What a load of garbage. 

So let me get this straight... It is harmful and wrong to wish to rise above or change a physical imperfection... 

Unless of course said imperfection is the wrong genetalia, in which case it is acceptable, nay heroic, to change it. Do I have that right? 

the funny thing is that the same people have no problem with Polio vaccinations, but wait isnt that preventing someone from becoming a cripple?

those ableists

its funny, every person in this world, wishes something about them was better, maybe for some its a disability, for me its a disease, I wish everyday I didnt have alopecia and hope for a cure, but I dont let it stop me, but I will damn straight be the first in line if I can get rid of it

On 12/23/2019 at 8:23 PM, SUXBNME said:

My heterosexual life partner and I are absolutely loving this series so far. 
Well, I might be loving this more than him.  We don't watch it together

Like a true married couple :lol:

Only watched the first episode so far and it was fine but holy crap that sword fight choreography is insane. Like really freakin excellent and visceral. Will prob keep watching just to admire it.

Finished the season and am pretty pissed off that I'll have to wait too long to watch the next season. 

5 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Only watched the first episode so far and it was fine but holy crap that sword fight choreography is insane. Like really freakin excellent and visceral. Will prob keep watching just to admire it.

That was one of my first thoughts.  That sword fighting is crazy.  After reading a little about it, it turns out that Henry Cavill is really good at it; the choreographer said he is one of the best he’s ever seen.

50 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

That was one of my first thoughts.  That sword fighting is crazy.  After reading a little about it, it turns out that Henry Cavill is really good at it; the choreographer said he is one of the best he’s ever seen.

Into the badlands that series on fx and netflix has some great swordplay as well

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Jeez what kinda Phag is into Asian swordplay

? You dont like a good sword fight? 

13 assassins was one of my fav movies in that mold. 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'm loving this show. Sucks we have to wait two years for more. 

6 episodes in, I feel the same.

Very well done. I'm probably a bit more invested than the average person because I played the games and really enjoyed them but, they are absolutely nailing it in basically every aspect.

11 hours ago, Reality said:

6 episodes in, I feel the same.

Very well done. I'm probably a bit more invested than the average person because I played the games and really enjoyed them but, they are absolutely nailing it in basically every aspect.

Yeah. The casting for geralt and yennefer and ciri is perfect. Dandelion is good. 

I agree with the criticisms of the casting of tris marigold. That's been the only miss casting wise.

The show is gritty, sexy, visually stunning... 

I read that they are planning seven seasons. Now that they know it's a hit, hopefully they start filming them faster. Netflix is all about binge watching, I don't want this to drag out for 14 damn years. 

On 12/25/2019 at 6:55 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

Into the badlands that series on fx and netflix has some great swordplay as well

Great idea with too many "filler" episodes. Great fight scenes though. 

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yeah. The casting for geralt and yennefer and ciri is perfect. Dandelion is good. 

I agree with the criticisms of the casting of tris marigold. That's been the only miss casting wise.

The show is gritty, sexy, visually stunning... 

I read that they are planning seven seasons. Now that they know it's a hit, hopefully they start filming them faster. Netflix is all about binge watching, I don't want this to drag out for 14 damn years. 

Not sure if you watch Mandalorian which comes out weekly. But do you think that shows on Netflix do better if they come out weekly rather than in a whole season release because it holds the audience for a longer time frame rather than just having them doing a binge fest on the season?