Sign in to follow this  
Ehlana

So how'd taking two WR early go?

It probably depends on which two WRs you took and which running backs you followed up with. I had Michael Thomas as a keeper, drafted Beckham, and followed up with Cook, Fournette and Jacobs. So it sorta worked, except I didn't get the 2nd reliable WR that I'd hoped for.

If you went WR/WR which WR did you get and which RBs did you pair with them?

Championship win, 14 teamer, went Deandre Hopkins at 1 and Kelce at 2. So WR then TE technically. Aaron Jones at 3 and Josh Jacobs at 4.

Julio and Juju - one of worst teams in league. Freeman and Jacobs as RBs. Got Goffed. 

My other 2 teams went RB heavy and both were top 3 scoring on season. 

I tend to go RB heavy but never write off any strategy, just like best player available. 

Didn't draft a WR1, all WR3 and won easily. Most of the WR1's were garbage this year and it was easy to see. AB was a mess, OBJ new team, JuJu was never a WR1, Tyreek had issues, Julio is inconsistent, Amari too soft. MT was the only one I thought looked ok but it looked liked his targets would go down with the Saints spreading the ball around but I was dead wrong on that one.  

These are the WR's I drafted this year:

47: Cooper Kupp LAR, WR
50: Josh Gordon Sea, WR
74: A.J. Green Cin, WR
119: Curtis Samuel Car, WR
215: Devin Funchess Ind, WR

Yikes! And I traded for Odell Beckham after Week 2. Double Yikes! Another owner got impatient a few weeks ago and waived Calvin Ridley, Tyler Boyd, and Christian Kirk. I managed to claim the first two from waivers and started both in the final weeks of the season. I also claimed Devante Parker the first week in November. These waiver-wire adds saved my season, and starting Parker and Boyd brought home my 5th league Championship since 2010, and my first repeat championship. 

Championship. 16-team league - drafted at 15 spot. Michael Thomas and Mike Evans in rounds 1/2. Getting Lamar Jackson in 6th round had a lot to do with getting the championship, but lead the league in points scored by a huge margin.  

On 12/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, FlyinHeadlock said:

Didn't draft a WR1, all WR3 and won easily. Most of the WR1's were garbage this year and it was easy to see. AB was a mess, OBJ new team, JuJu was never a WR1, Tyreek had issues, Julio is inconsistent, Amari too soft. MT was the only one I thought looked ok but it looked liked his targets would go down with the Saints spreading the ball around but I was dead wrong on that one.