Sign in to follow this  
zftcg

A truly great idea: Give back to fantasy

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL... he's saying to "see this guy [journalist], and donate".  Then on the other hand, to steal intellectual property.  🤣

You guys really don't understand how broadcast television works? :dunno:

24 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL... he's saying to "see this guy [journalist], and donate".  Then on the other hand, to steal intellectual property.  🤣

I know. Not only does he steal it, but then he tells me that I'm beyond help if I don't steal it too. Crazy.

20 minutes ago, zftcg said:

You have the floor. Give the explanation of how it all works, then post the links/applications where you get free legal access to all NFL games without security issues to your devices etc...

It can't be that hard for such a knowledgeable person such as you. 

7 minutes ago, sderk said:

You have the floor. Give the explanation of how it all works, then post the links/applications where you get free legal access to all NFL games without security issues to your devices etc...

It can't be that hard for such a knowledgeable person such as you. 

No links necessary.

1. Pick up your TV remote
  2. Hit the On button
  3. Turn it to CBS, Fox or, on Sunday night, NBC

Presto! Free football! No payments, no security issues, no "theft of intellectual property" (gotta admit, that one really made me chuckle).

Since you seem so keen on insisting on paying for things you can get for free, please send me $100 for the above advice. Actually, for the low low price of $250, I'll also include such tutorials as "How to get free drinking water" and "How to listen to real-time streaming audio for free over a magical device called 'radio'."

1 minute ago, zftcg said:

No links necessary.

2. Hit the On button

Presto! Free football! No payments, no security issues, no "theft of intellectual property" (gotta admit, that one really made me chuckle).

Since you seem so keen on insisting on paying for things you can get for free, please send me $100 for the above advice. Actually, for the low low price of $250, I'll also include such tutorials as "How to get free drinking water" and "How to listen to real-time streaming audio for free over a magical device called 'radio'."

Dude, when your in quicksand the more you struggle the deeper you get stuck.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

Oh, so you get cable for free then?

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

No links necessary.

2. Hit the On button

Got it. 14 years old. At least you are opening up about how your parents are not educating you.

At least that is done with....

33 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, so you get cable for free then?

So I'll take that to mean no, you don't actually understand how broadcast television works.

Also, let's take a moment to see how we got to this point: sderk argued that fans' money is "funneled into players' pockets". So now you clods are down to arguing that fans pay for their cable package, which allows them to watch a wide range of shows (of which football makes up a tiny percentage), which aggregates an audience for those shows, which allows broadcast networks to sell ads against that audience, which gives the networks money to spend on TV rights, which the league distributes to each team, which then provides owners money to pay out to players in the form of salaries? That's a long-a$$ funnel! 

So in conclusion you guys are all moral cretins who don't understand basic concepts like broadcast television and free-market economics. As an empathetic person, I genuinely feel bad for you having to go through life with such handicaps, but I can't afford to waste any more of my life trying to help you. I will, however, continue to pray that one day scientists find a cure for your rare form of stupid.

41 minutes ago, zftcg said:

So I'll take that to mean no, you don't actually understand how broadcast television works.

Also, let's take a moment to see how we got to this point: sderk argued that fans' money is "funneled into players' pockets". So now you clods are down to arguing that fans pay for their cable package, which allows them to watch a wide range of shows (of which football makes up a tiny percentage), which aggregates an audience for those shows, which allows broadcast networks to sell ads against that audience, which gives the networks money to spend on TV rights, which the league distributes to each team, which then provides owners money to pay out to players in the form of salaries? That's a long-a$$ funnel! 

So in conclusion you guys are all moral cretins who don't understand basic concepts like broadcast television and free-market economics. As an empathetic person, I genuinely feel bad for you having to go through life with such handicaps, but I can't afford to waste any more of my life trying to help you. I will, however, continue to pray that one day scientists find a cure for your rare form of stupid.

You know what, you're right.  If someone wants to be one of the 0.02% of the population without cable, yes, you can get NFL for free.

Also, I don't see how you can make an argument against sderk's assertion that the fans eventually pay the players salaries in from some form or fashion.  I don't really know of any private person who willingly donates money to the NFL out of the goodness of their hearts.  I'm pretty sure all of the money that the NFL brings in comes from either the TV contracts (because of people paying for their service), Sponsors (because people are buying their products), as well as ticket sales, merchandise, and concessions (because people are buying them).

• Thanks 1

The original implication was that someone could watch any game for free.  At least it read that way.  Over-the-air broadcasts won't let you see any game for free.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

The original implication was that someone could watch any game for free.  At least it read that way.  Over-the-air broadcasts won't let you see any game for free.

Are you sure?  I'm thinking that if you don't have any cable in your house and use an antenna, you'll get CBS, NBC, FOX, and ABC... no?  I was under the impression that this is true.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Are you sure?  I'm thinking that if you don't have any cable in your house and use an antenna, you'll get CBS, NBC, FOX, and ABC... no?  I was under the impression that this is true.

You will, but sderk specifically asked if he could see any game and the super moral dude didn't clarify that it was just over-the-air games.  If I'm in LA, I get Chargers, Rams, and Raiders games over the air.  I can't watch my beloved saints unless they're in prime time.

25 minutes ago, nobody said:

You will, but sderk specifically asked if he could see any game and the super moral dude didn't clarify that it was just over-the-air games.  If I'm in LA, I get Chargers, Rams, and Raiders games over the air.  I can't watch my beloved saints unless they're in prime time.

Gotchya. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, zftcg said:

No links necessary.

2. Hit the On button

Also, there's no such thing as free drinking water either... unless you have a well in your back yard.  People pay property taxes, and/or water/sewer bills every month.  That's paying for the water coming out of your faucet.  If you go to a park or a school and use a fountain, that's being paid for by taxes.  If you go to a mall or shopping complex, that's being paid for as well by someone... and indirectly, you, if you purchased anything.

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

Perhaps you can make a comprehensive list of all Athletes, Actors, and Television Executives' favorite charities so all of us "moral cretins" will know where to donate our fantasy winnings going forward....

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Also, there's no such thing as free drinking water either... unless you have a well in your back yard.  People pay property taxes, and/or water/sewer bills every month.  That's paying for the water coming out of your faucet.  If you go to a park or a school and use a fountain, that's being paid for by taxes.  If you go to a mall or shopping complex, that's being paid for as well by someone... and indirectly, you, if you purchased anything.

Typical of the moral superiority crowd.  They think because they can walk up to a fountain and get water, it costs no one anything. 

Maybe he'll say we should be collecting rain?

44 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Zftcg lost this thread.  Bigly 

His arse was so chapped he had to start a thread on another forum that banned him for the entire football season for a post in their political forum. Bitching about this place and how terrible all of the posters are.

He collected his handful of likes and all is well again in the world.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

His arse was so chapped he had to start a thread on another forum that banned him for the entire football season for a post in their political forum. Bitching about this place and how terrible all of the posters are.

He collected his handful of likes and all is well again in the world.

Shame on you and this slander speech.