Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Can Baltimore Pull It Off?

On 12/30/2019 at 10:15 AM, kilroy69 said:

the most absurd part of this? 

NYC is a cesspool of right? They have 8 MILLION people and have had less murders this year than Baltimore with 600k people. 

600k people puts it in the same range as other murder capitols like Denver, Portland, Albuquerque and Seattle. 

I’m actually a bit surprised Denver and Albuquerque are on this list.

3 minutes ago, Old School said:

I’m actually a bit surprised Denver and Albuquerque are on this list.

those are just cities of comparison size. Not comparable in crime. roughly around 600k

4 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

those are just cities of comparison size. Not comparable in crime. roughly around 600k

Ok. They were listed as “other murder capitals.”

Those cities don’t strike me as murder capitals in the same vein as Baltimore. Reading that caught me by surprise.

And yes, the GC is where I catch up on news and events.

1 minute ago, Old School said:

Ok. They were listed as “other murder capitals.”

Those cities don’t strike me as murder capitals in the same vein as Baltimore. Reading that caught me by surprise.

And yes, the GC is where I catch up on news and events.

I apologize. that was actually sarcasm. 

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

Oh well, look at this this way, at least there are 348 fewer criminals in the city

Not all 348 were rival gangbangers who had it coming.

In 1982-4 or so, my best friend at the time's grandfather would have been on that list for Detroit.  He wasn't a gangbanger, just a kindly old man. I'd not realized until the day he was killed that he'd crossed Eight Mile every day and ran an inner city gas station (before the Muslims took them all over). My friend is off in Colorado now but his mother is also my mother's best friend and so I see this woman every time I return to the US to visit family. I remember her breaking down crying in our living room.

35 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Not all 348 were rival gangbangers who had it coming.

In 1982-4 or so, my best friend at the time's grandfather would have been on that list for Detroit.  He wasn't a gangbanger, just a kindly old man. I'd not realized until the day he was killed that he'd crossed Eight Mile every day and ran an inner city gas station (before the Muslims took them all over). My friend is off in Colorado now but his mother is also my mother's best friend and so I see this woman every time I return to the US to visit family. I remember her breaking down crying in our living room.

Granted, we might have a few folks in there who didn't belong....

Baltimore sees more than 50 homicides so far in 2020, activists say city 'was never like this'

Only into the third month of the new year and more than 50 people have been killedin the Baltimore city area.

The city ended 2019 with 348 homicides, its fifth year in a row with more than 300 slayings and the second-deadliest year on record.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/baltimore-maryland-homicide-2020-shooting-police-violence-city-crime

All for Freddie Grey. Nice work libtards. 

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Baltimore sees more than 50 homicides so far in 2020, activists say city 'was never like this'

Only into the third month of the new year and more than 50 people have been killedin the Baltimore city area.

The city ended 2019 with 348 homicides, its fifth year in a row with more than 300 slayings and the second-deadliest year on record.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/baltimore-maryland-homicide-2020-shooting-police-violence-city-crime

Two months in, they're only on pace for 300. Nice improvement.

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Winter. 

57 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

But Democrats care so much about the plight of people......I just cannot get how it never improves....:dunno:

On 1/1/2020 at 9:12 PM, RLLD said:

Granted, we might have a few folks in there who didn't belong....

Wow.

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

Wow.

Yeah, I am not following you here.....sorry....:dunno:

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Yeah, I am not following you here.....sorry....:dunno:

Just marveling at your claim that those people all deserved to die.

Really shows a lot about your character. 

• Sad 1