Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

49ers at Seahawks: In-Game Discussion

Inactives

49ers: QB C.J. Beathard, DE Dee Ford, TE Daniel Helm, DB Dontae Johnson, WR Jordan Matthews, SS Jaquiski Tartt, RB Jeff Wilson

Seahawks: OT Duane Brown, DB Quandre Diggs, NT Bryan Mone, OG Ethan Pocic, WR Malik Turner, LB Dekoda Watson, TE Luke Willson

Damnit.  I saw that hold too.  To erase that TD.  I don't think Russell completes the pass if the hold doesn't occur though.

If Seattle can pull this off, I think the Saints slide into the 2 seed, and subsequently make it to the super bowl.

39 minutes ago, nobody said:

If Seattle can pull this off, I think the Saints slide into the 2 seed, and subsequently make it to the super bowl.

In other words, by missing the blatant DPI on Hollister at the end there and then not reviewing it, the NFL somehow managed to screw the Saints via a blown call in a game they weren’t even playing in :lol:

(And before anyone well-actuallys me with talk of all the mistakes Seattle made in the closing sequence, I’m well aware that other factors contributed to the final result, especially that unforgivable delay penalty. But you have to admit, it is kind of darkly humorous)

1 hour ago, DrG said:

The no call was correct. Hollister initiated the contact.

Will have to go back and rewatch it. Live it definitely looked like DPI, and Mike Pereira agreed (which I know doesn’t necessarily prove anything)

The rules prohibit the receiver from blocking downfield both before and during the pass attempt. Hollister initiated the contact and tangled himself up with the defender, who had good position.

Apologies to the other playoff teams but I think these are the two best NFC teams.

Offsetting penalties at worst better as a no call plus the defender was trying to get to the route

Either way Hollister committed a foul

Incidental contact.  The defender just held on for dear life.  Obvious DPI

Nothing incidental as Hollister went right at him AND grabbed the defender’s wrist

Wrist grab incidental? He ‘incidentally’ runs into the only player in the area when there is nothing but space on either side?

He incidentally tried to push the defender who read the route off the route tree?

Right.

Read the route off the route tree?  The route tree is predicated on the leverage the defender is playing.

All I can say is everytime we play the Seahawks it's not an easy game for us..Russell Wilson usually gives us fits with his scrambling, which he's good at,.and usually ends.up in big.plays or.a.score.                                                        13-0 halftime and we.get.the ball..I thought we'd go right down.and.score..Wrong..Seattle mover the ball and.started.scoring. Luckily for us we were able to answer. Then.a couple of minutes left and I thought here we go again..We're wnning and we're going to lose again in the final 2 mins. Whether it was PI or not is moot..Calls, bad & good, so it.happens to both teams and I have learned to live with it.                 It was definitely heart.attack mode for me when Seattle was near the goal line. Didn't matter how much time was.left,.just felt they would score. The delay.of game was a BOON to us and then.for Greenlawn ton them inches short of the goalline was a miracle. Our last 5 games.have.been.decided in the last couple of minutes and by no more than 3 pts. We lost 2.but won 3.of those. Geez, Niners,.that's too much for this 68 y.o. guy, LOL

I already have heart trouble.                           In the end.we.got home field thru the playoffs and we definitely need it..Hopefully we'll get a.few of our defense guys back who have been hurt..Our Def. needs to be.strong if we want to go deep in the playoffs. I'm hoping the Eagles beat.Seattle as.I"d feel better about facing them than Seattle. Still, we're in the show.and.I'll be cheering on my 49ers all the way.

GO NINERS!!!!!!

s

• Like 1