Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
riversco

Your 2019 NFL Playoff Bracket

Recommended Posts

The regular season just ended and the seeds are locked.  What is your playoff bracket?

Mine:

Patriots over Titans

Bills over Texans

Saints over Vikings

Eagles over Seahawks

 

Chiefs over Patriots

Bills over Ravens

Saints over Packers

49ers over Eagles

 

Chiefs over Bills

Saints over 49ers

 

Saints over Chiefs 26-21

 

I always said that if Andy Reid ever got a true franchise QB, he'd go to super bowls.  He has one now, and the Chiefs are playing very well.  So I have to take them in a flawed AFC field.  The Ravens have fared very poorly against good teams when they see Lamar Jackson a 2nd time.  The BIlls have seen Lamar once and almost beat him, and they will be much more prepared for the speed the second time around.  The Saints to me are the most complete team in the NFL and so I pick them as Super Bowl champs.  I don't see any all-time teams in this field and no elite teams.  Although its *possible* the Chiefs have turned a real corner and become an elite team, I can't give them that just yet. 

Ironically the hype was thru the roof for the Chiefs a year ago and they flamed out, while this year the Chiefs have zero hype but could very well win it all I think.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, riversco said:

The regular season just ended and the seeds are locked.  What is your playoff bracket?

Mine:

Patriots over Titans

Bills over Texans

Saints over Vikings

Eagles over Seahawks

 

Chiefs over Patriots

Bills over Ravens

Saints over Packers

49ers over Seahawks

 

Chiefs over Bills

Saints over 49ers

 

Saints over Chiefs

 

I always said that if Andy Reid ever got a true franchise QB, he'd go to super bowls.  He has one now, and the Chiefs are playing very well.  So I have to take them in a flawed AFC field.  The Ravens have fared very poorly against good teams when they see Lamar Jackson a 2nd time.  The BIlls have seen Lamar once and almost beat him, and they will be much more prepared for the speed the second time around.  The Saints to me are the most complete team in the NFL and so I pick them as Super Bowl champs.  I don't see any all-time teams in this field and no elite teams.  Although its *possible* the Chiefs have turned a real corner and become an elite team, I can't give them that just yet. 

Ironically the hype was thru the roof for the Chiefs a year ago and they flamed out, while this year the Chiefs have zero hype but could very well win it all I think.

 

 

The Seahawks must be really bad. You’ve got them loosing twice during the playoffs- to the Eagles and the 49ers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, riversco said:

Ironically the hype was thru the roof for the Chiefs a year ago and they flamed out...

I don't know about "flaming out"; the Chiefs would have been in the Super Bowl if Dee Ford knew how to line up on his side of the ball.

"In the final minutes of the 4th quarter of the 2019 AFC Championship Game against the New England Patriots, Ford was called for offside penalty that reversed a Charvarius Ward interception that would’ve likely sealed the game for the Chiefs." --Wikipedia article on Dee Ford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I don't know about "flaming out"; the Chiefs would have been in the Super Bowl if Dee Ford knew how to line up on his side of the ball.

😆😆...😭 that was so frustrating to watch. Truly thought we were going to win last year.

Best moment of 2019 playoffs will be watching the Titans take out the Patriots and eliminate the dynasty at the same time in Foxboro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, rotisserieking said:

😆😆...😭 that was so frustrating to watch. Truly thought we were going to win last year.

The worst part was that he didn't even JUMP offsides.  He remained in his down position until the ball was snapped--he just lined up a foot across the line of scrimmage.  Totally preventable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I don't know about "flaming out"; the Chiefs would have been in the Super Bowl if Dee Ford knew how to line up on his side of the ball.

"In the final minutes of the 4th quarter of the 2019 AFC Championship Game against the New England Patriots, Ford was called for offside penalty that reversed a Charvarius Ward interception that would’ve likely sealed the game for the Chiefs." --Wikipedia article on Dee Ford

I never blame the refs.  I never blame 1 play.  My philosophy is that, going in, everyone knows the ball is shaped funny and can take strange bounces or you can get a bad call from the refs.  You know it and you accept it.  So you either win by 2 scores to render bad ref calls moot, or you have NO reason to complain because the score was too close anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFC.                                                                  Patriots over Titans.                                    Texans over Bills

   Ravens over Texans.                                   Chiefs over Patriots

   Ravens over Chiefs

NFC.                                                                   Saints over Vikings.                                     Seahawks over Eagles

   Saints over Packers.                                     49ers over Seahawks

   49ers over Saints

SUPER BOWL.                                                                                                                      49ers- 31 ////  Ravens- 30

S.B. CHAMPIONS-                                        San Francisco 49ers.                                    (6th Lombardi Trophy)

This is how I'd like to see it all unfold..Will it happen? Possibly, but I'll probably have to do a lot of praying, or make a.deal with the devil (LOL),  because my Niners haven't made it easy on themselves the last 5 games. So, COME ON MAN, they need to quit B.S. around and be up by 9 points with 2.minutes to.play,lol.

So,.revised.score:                                            49ers- 33 ///// Ravens-24.

                     

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, riversco said:

I never blame the refs.  I never blame 1 play.  My philosophy is that, going in, everyone knows the ball is shaped funny and can take strange bounces or you can get a bad call from the refs.  You know it and you accept it.  So you either win by 2 scores to render bad ref calls moot, or you have NO reason to complain because the score was too close anyway. 

I'm not blaming the refs.  It was a legit call.  I'm blaming the dumbass who couldn't figure out where to line up so that he would be on his own side of the line of scrimmage.  In a close game between two good teams, it's the little mistakes that often make the difference, and this was a BIG mistake that determined which team went to the Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 11:38 PM, riversco said:

The Ravens have fared very poorly against good teams when they see Lamar Jackson a 2nd time. 

What are you basing that off of? Last year’s playoff game vs the Chargers? Certainly not his divisional games vs the Browns and Bengals this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, zftcg said:

What are you basing that off of? Last year’s playoff game vs the Chargers? Certainly not his divisional games vs the Browns and Bengals this year

The Ravens got crushed by the Browns earlier this year.  The Bengals are absolutely pathetic.  The Browns completely quit on the season the second time they met.  If you are seriously going to use the 2nd Browns game or the Bengals games for analysis than you've got problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, riversco said:

The Ravens got crushed by the Browns earlier this year.  The Bengals are absolutely pathetic.  The Browns completely quit on the season the second time they met.  If you are seriously going to use the 2nd Browns game or the Bengals games for analysis than you've got problems.

No I’m saying those are the only two teams he played twice this year (sat out second Pittsburgh game). So what were you basing your statement on? Because if you were basing it on last year’s Ravens offense, I would say you also have problems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zftcg said:

No I’m saying those are the only two teams he played twice this year (sat out second Pittsburgh game). So what were you basing your statement on? Because if you were basing it on last year’s Ravens offense, I would say you also have problems

Every time defenses play the Ravens the first time, you always hear quotes from players talking about how unprepared they were for the team speed of the Ravens especially Lamar Jackson.  And then they come back around the second time and adjust to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, riversco said:

Every time defenses play the Ravens the first time, you always hear quotes from players talking about how unprepared they were for the team speed of the Ravens especially Lamar Jackson.  And then they come back around the second time and adjust to it.

Which teams have adjusted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zftcg said:

Which teams have adjusted?

Chiefs, Browns and Chargers all got acclimated to that team speed and beat them badly. 3 routs (Ravens score some points in garbage time to make it close vs Chiefs)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wild Card

Titans over Pats

Texans over Bills (toughest one for me since the Texans are Jekyll and Hyde)

Saints over Vikings

Eagles over Seahawks

Divisional

Chiefs over Texans

Ravens over Titans

Saints over Packers

Niners over Eagles

Conference

Ravens over Chiefs (this hurts me to write but I'll give the edge to Ravens just because they're at home)

Saints over Niners

SB

Saints over Ravens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, this isn't my bracket, but I've noticed over the years that my rooting interest seems to always lose.  So what if I made a bracket where I pick against all the teams I prefer to see win?   It would look like this:

Patriots over Titans  (I want the Patriots out)

Texans over Bills (I have a soft spot for Buffalo.  They've been down forever and seeing them win would be good)

Vikings over Saints (I'd like Brees to go on one more run, so it would hurt to see them knocked out again, especially after last year and in how they lost to the Vikings a few seasons ago)

Eagles over Seahawks (its fun watching Wilson play so him getting knocked out by the drab Eagles would be meh)

 

Patriots over Chiefs (I want the Patriots out)

Texans over Ravens (Texans just seem boring)

Eagles over Packers (drab Eagles need to get eliminated)

49ers over Vikings (Well I don't want San Francisco to win!)

 

Texans over Patriots (while I want the Patriots out, the Texans are just too boring)

49ers over Eagles (I can't root for the 49ers)

 

49ers over Texans (can't root for the 49ers)

this is the outcome where i feel miserable after each weekend.  and that seems to always happen lol.   basically it says the texans have seen the ravens already in the regular season and are now used to their team speed which allows them to upset the ravens and get to the afc title game.  the patriots have just enough magic to also get that far, then they turn into a pumpkin.  in the other conference, its just #1 seed kills everyone.  then its a blowout 49ers win in the super bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×