CLE: HC Freddie Kitchens, fired
NYG: HC Pat Shurmur, fired
WAS: President Bruce Allen, fired
WAS: Ron Rivera in as HC
DAL: Jason Garrett allowed himself to be fired
DAL: Mike McCarthy in as HC
CAR: Matt Rhule in as HC
NYG: Joe Judge in as HC

Axe Elf considering the Cleveland HC position, if it didn't involve moving to Cleveland.

Maybe I can work from home.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Axe Elf considering the Cleveland HC position, if it didn't involve moving to Cleveland.

You thought the smartest play ever in the NFL was a guy forcing a kickoff out of bounds by reaching back into the field.  You're automatically disqualified.

14 hours ago, nobody said:

You thought the smartest play ever in the NFL was a guy forcing a kickoff out of bounds by reaching back into the field.  You're automatically disqualified.

You don't think that forcing a kickoff out of bounds by reaching back into the field was a smart play.  You're automatically disqualified from making that determination.

It's obvious and it's happened many times throughout the history of the NFL.

19 hours ago, AxeElf said:

"And if Dobby does it wrong, Dobby will throw himself off the top most tower."

I wouldn't mind the Bears getting a new coach. Dallas could probably use one too by the looks of things.

Danny Dimes is a more attractive option than Baker Mayfield. Who would've thunk it? (Besides Dave Gettelman of course)...

15 hours ago, jrokh said:

Danny Dimes is a more attractive option than Baker Mayfield. Who would've thunk it? (Besides Dave Gettelman of course)...

Not really. Both QBs nothing much. Mayfield has more weapons but is more volital. 

Both QBs are gross but there are always guys who want the job. I don't blame a college coach not wanting to step into Cleveland no matter how much they think of themselves.

You know, when I think about it, firing John Dorsey is the same EXACT mistake the Browns franchise has been making for 30 years.

1.  The Browns get an extremely talented head coach in Marty Schottenheimer.  After 3-4 years, there is a personality clash in management.  Marty is stubborn and wants to do things HIS way.  Other people want to do things their way.  As a result, Marty quits or his fired and heads to Kansas City.

2.  The Browns get the best head coach ever in Bill Belichick. After 3-4 years, there is a personality clash.  Belichick is stubborn.  He wants to do things HIS way and rubs people the wrong way.  As a result he gets fired.

3.  The Browns land an extremely talented GM in John Dorsey.  After 2 years, there is a personality clash.  Dorsey wants to do things his way.  Other voices want something else.  So Dorsey gets fired.

Wake up call!   As it turns out, extremely talented people who do their jobs very well are also very likely to be passionate, demand excellence, and want do to things their way.  They often rub people the wrong way because they know EXACTLY what they want because they know what they are doing.  That is just LIFE.  

The Browns talk about "changing the culture" but do not know what that means.  Getting rid of Dorsey is the EXACT same losing culture the Browns have been stuck in for 30 years.  They claim they want to win, but they dont -- they want people that get along and play nice.  If you want to win, you are probably going to have to give EXTRA SUPER tolerance for people who rub others the wrong way.

The Browns, by firing Dorsey, are still losers with a loser culture.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, riversco said:

The Browns, by firing Dorsey, are still losers with a loser culture.

Different ownership. Even if your point has any validity, nothing more than coincidence.

If the point as validity, it’s more then just coincidence, it’s then a fact. 

Hey thanks always appreciate you. 

Happy New Year 

5 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Different ownership. Even if your point has any validity, nothing more than coincidence.

Sure they changed owners.  But the new owners are making the same mistakes.

The Browns are no different than your typical fantasy football team; without Axe Elf, they will continue to wallow helplessly in ignorance and confusion.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:41 PM, riversco said:

You know, when I think about it, firing John Dorsey is the same EXACT mistake the Browns franchise has been making for 30 years.

The Cleveland Browns of 30 years ago are now the Baltimore Ravens, the current organization did not exist until 1998. Apples and Oranges.

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

The Cleveland Browns of 30 years ago are now the Baltimore Ravens, the current organization did not exist until 1998. Apples and Oranges.

Which makes it amazing they keep making the same mistakes.  New people in, same errors and same culture of losing.

MikeFF:  I saw that, too - at 6:00, while the Eagles were playing, of course.

I also heard the G-Men are considering "The Clapper?!"  😮

Effff no!!!

The Miami Heat should hire Freddie Kitchens.

Then if you can't stand the Kitchens, you can get out of the Heat.

Come on.

The joke is something like Carolina should hire Freddie Kitchens and get him a sink so they can throw the Kitchens sink at their opponents.

18 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

The giants went out and hired the guy that was in charge of the Patriot's biggest weakness this season.

That's some serious backward thinking here.

15 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

The giants went out and hired the guy that was in charge of the Patriot's biggest weakness this season.

That's some serious backward thinking here.

He was also the special teams coach which has been aces for years. Latest rumor is the Gmen are looking at hiring Jason Garett as OC. Not sure if it works out but it is extremely FOWARD thinking for this organization...

I think Judge has only been around the WRs in 2019?  Prior was Special Teams - which I agree with other poster - ST in NE have always been good.  And, that is Billy boy's background.  Hopefully Judge is as successful as Harbaugh in BAL has been!

46 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

I think Judge has only been around the WRs in 2019?  Prior was Special Teams - which I agree with other poster - ST in NE have always been good.  And, that is Billy boy's background.  Hopefully Judge is as successful as Harbaugh in BAL has been!

only time will tell.   from what I can see it looks like a bit of a risky hire, but if he's all he's supposed to be maybe it will work out.

3 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

This represents a hit to Christian McCaffrey's value, though he'll probly still be worth a top 5 pick.

It also makes DJ Moore a top 10 WR.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Giants Hire Pats assistant Joe Judge as head coach.

Daniel Jones is that top 10 QB you take next year in the double digit rounds.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

This represents a hit to Christian McCaffrey's value, though he'll probly still be worth a top 5 pick.

It also makes DJ Moore a top 10 WR.

His value is and well still be a top 5 over all pick, so don’t see any hit to his value.  

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

His value is and well still be a top 5 over all pick, so don’t see any hit to his value.  

With no changes to the offense, McCaffrey would have been the consensus overall #1 pick, bar none.  The introduction of a coach whose offenses have traditionally focused more on downfield passing opens the door to more regression from McCaffrey and the possibility of other legitimate premium draft picks before him.

So the downgrade from the certain #1 overall to merely a top 5 pick is a hit to his value (however minor).

Isn’t the over all number one pick a top 5 pick? 

If so he’s still a top five value, so nothing changes. 

Thanks for the reply, always appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Isn’t the over all number one pick a top 5 pick? 

If so he’s still a top five value, so nothing changes. 

Thanks for the reply, always appreciate it. 

Try to keep up...

Top 1 value...

Top 5 value...

Do you see the difference yet?

If not, you will probably be better off not responding and making yourself look like even more of an idiot.

Thanx, always a pleasure exposing your ignorance.

The first player picked is a top five value. 

Hes picked within the top five. 

So no change. 

Thank you very much for the reply, always appreciate you. 

Sorry that the truth upsets you, but that’s not my problem.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

The first player picked is a top five value. 

You are overgeneralizing.  The first player picked is a top ONE value.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Hes picked within the top five. 

That makes him a top FIVE value.

You're having trouble processing the fact that a top ONE value is greater than a top FIVE value, but I will continue to tutor you as long as you struggle with this concept.  I'm sorry that the truth eludes you, but that's not my problem; Axe Elf is merely the solution.

You're welcome.