Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Coaching Changes / Front Office Moves

First player taken, is taken within the top five, that makes any player picked one a top five value.  

Thanks for your insite, I truly appreciate you. 

Night. 

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

First player taken, is taken within the top five, that makes any player picked one a top five value.

You're almost there!

Now you just need to understand that the first player taken is not ONLY a top five value, but a top ONE value.

THEN you will be able to see the hit to McCaffrey's value that took from being a top ONE value, to a top FIVE value.

C'mon, you can do it... just a little thought here...  put your mind to it...  I believe in you!  One small step for your brain, one giant leap for understanding!

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You're almost there!

Now you just need to understand that the first player taken is not ONLY a top five value, but a top ONE value.

THEN you will be able to see the hit to McCaffrey's value that took from being a top ONE value, to a top FIVE value.

C'mon, you can do it... just a little thought here...  put your mind to it...  I believe in you!  One small step for your brain, one giant leap for understanding!

Thank you, your own statement just made my case, not only is the first player taken a top five value, I agree with you. Whew looks like you finally got it.  

Appreciate the reply. 

Are you guys just going to say the same things and imply the other person’s comprehension is lacking forever?  Or can we talk about how crappy these coaches are?

What makes a crappy coach?  

I mean how can you really rate a coaches ability to be a good coach.  

Is it simply based on his teams performance, I think about Chuck Noll. , who’s Steelers where a great team, but in his later coaching years they weren’t very good, so did he go from being a good coach to a crappy one? 

A good coach is one for which it can be reasonably assumed, he’ll get a better performance out of his team than an average coach.  When that coach no longer gets a better than average performance out his team, he isn’t no longer a good coach.  

Average coaches are guys like Mike McCarthy.

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

I agree with you.

Finally!  I never thought you would EVER admit you were wrong.  This is great progress for you!

8 hours ago, nobody said:

Are you guys just going to say the same things and imply the other person’s comprehension is lacking forever?  Or can we talk about how crappy these coaches are?

Nope, he finally realized the error of his ways and agreed with me.  I mean, the fact that it took five or six turns around the old maypole says a lot about his comprehension without having to imply anything, but eventually he saw the glaring weakness of his position, proving that even the most dense among us are not beyond the help of Axe Elf.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:49 PM, weepaws said:

Isn’t the over all number one pick a top 5 pick? 

If so he’s still a top five value, so nothing changes. 

Thanks for the reply, always appreciate it. 

So Aaron Jones was the 8th overall scorer last season in ppr leagues.  5 players above him were Qb's.   The only two non-QB players that outscored him were McCaffrey and Michael Thomas   What was Aaron Jones value last year.  Did that rank as a #1 Rb in a fantasy league of 12 teams?

In non ppr Jones had the fourth best per game avg. 

i don’t have a value on him based on last season, that was last season, but go check out what I said about Jones on dec 23 on the A Jones tread. 

Thanks for the question, always appreciate it. 

Now based on a top five ranking?  

When you have a top five ranking it looks like this. 

See the number one slot, it’s in the top five, that would make that player in the number one slot a top five value, it’s very simple. 

Now it was posted , by a poster, that Mccaffery ranking would change because of whom the Panthers hired as their new head coach, but that same poster added that he would stil be a top five value. 

No kidding, if he’s the top pick in ff he’s still a top five value. 

Thanks. 

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

No kidding, if he’s the top pick in ff he’s still a top five value. 

Furthermore, if he's the top pick in ff, he's a top ONE value.

If he's the fifth pick, then he's still a top five value, but his value has taken a hit from being a top one value to a top five value.

By extenstion, if he's the fifth pick, he's still a top 100 value too--but if he was the 100th pick, then his value has taken a hit from being a top five value to a top 100 value.  See how that works?

You said you understood this concept a few posts ago; what happened?  Who knows.  Alzheimer's, drinking binge, falling on your head... whatever the case, Axe Elf will always be here for you.

You're welcome.

The top pick is still a top five value. 

I thought you had it.  

You said the top pick isn’t only a top five value, now that’s when I knew you had it, now your back tracking once again. And with those words, your own words, that finishes it  

Look up at your own post, your own typing. 

Thanks nice return, appreciate it. 

Lol no your here for you, lol.  I don’t need you , I walk with the true one to place my trust in, Jesus Christ.  

Thanks this is my last post on this issue. 

Take care. 

23 minutes ago, weepaws said:

The top pick is still a top five value. 

But the fifth pick is not a top one value.

Keep trying, you'll get there!  Axe Elf believes in you!

On 1/8/2020 at 3:09 PM, weepaws said:

What makes a crappy coach?  

I mean how can you really rate a coaches ability to be a good coach.  

Is it simply based on his teams performance, I think about Chuck Noll. , who’s Steelers where a great team, but in his later coaching years they weren’t very good, so did he go from being a good coach to a crappy one? 

A quality head coach is defined as one with a winning record over several seasons despite never having a franchise QB.  In your example, Chuck Noll didn't have a franchise QB in the 1980s, so he had a winning record but no rings in that decade.

Jason Garrett is a quality head coach because he has a winning record despite never having a franchise QB.  The Browns should absolutely hire Jason Garrett as their next head coach because I believe Baker Mayfield IS a franchise QB.  You want to par Garrett with Mayfield.  That should be super bowl rings.  However, it looks like Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is a loser in that he prioritizes "getting along" over anything else and fires winners. The Falcons should go grab Jason Garrett because Mayy Ryan is a franchise QB, but they won't either because they are morons.  In fact, most of the league is being exposed as morons if Garrett has to take a coordinator job with the Giants.

Bill Cowher is another example.  A winning record but no rings because he never had a franchise QB.  Suddenly he gets Ben and he wins a ring.  The strange thing is he suddenly retires at age 49.

Update:  Axe Elf has officially withdrawn his offer to interview for the Cleveland Browns Head Coach position.

I'm staying in Kansas City.

Browns reportedly hiring Stefanski from the Vikes as their new head coach per rappaport.  Can't wait to see him fired.

28 minutes ago, riversco said:

No one was complaining about the Vikings   Offense after they beat the Saints...

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

No one was complaining about the Vikings   Offense after they beat the Saints...

Its more a comment on the dysfunctional Browns than Stefanski.

I wish I had a job like DePodesta where everything goes horrifically wrong under my watch, but I keep blaming other people and so the owner keeps promoting me, all while living 2000 miles away and doing my job via skype.

Sure, all you need to do first is be the architect of a movement that forces people to re-evaluate how they look at data in relation to sports and spawn a 1000 copy cat movements reflecting that. Should be easy for you....