Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Postseason FF advice needed(one and done)

Got invited into a $50 entry league(no draft) where you can start whomever you want(QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1K 1D/ST 1 Flex RB,WR,TE) however the catch is you can start a player only once and then that player is no longer available to your squad.

Since most of us play FF in some shape or form I'm curious as to how you personally would approach a league like this in hopes I'll get some advice that could help.

Here's some of the scoring all td's are 6 pts. including QB a QB int is -3 and a pick 6 is -6.Decimal points are used and defenses are highly rewarded with 15 pts for a shutout.10 pts for 1-10 pts given up and 5 pts. for 11-20 plus 3 pts for takeaways and 2 pts. for sacks.

Seems like you want to take the studs from the underdogs all the way to the SB.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Got invited into a $50 entry league(no draft) where you can start whomever you want(QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1K 1D/ST 1 Flex RB,WR,TE) however the catch is you can start a player only once and then that player is no longer available to your squad.

Since most of us play FF in some shape or form I'm curious as to how you personally would approach a league like this in hopes I'll get some advice that could help.

Here's some of the scoring all td's are 6 pts. including QB a QB int is -3 and a pick 6 is -6.Decimal points are used and defenses are highly rewarded with 15 pts for a shutout.10 pts for 1-10 pts given up and 5 pts. for 11-20 plus 3 pts for takeaways and 2 pts. for sacks.

Having players available as teams get knocked out seems to be a big deal.  Almost need to use players on teams that you figure will lose leaving a fieldable team for the Super Bowl.

***** see I was beat to it

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Been doing one for years. Play the best players every week. Don’t try and save anyone. After this weekend you have to chose what conference QB you will use for the next week. You don’t want to go to the SB without one. Defense too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The defense is a tricky play.  Use them up to win early or play losing defenses anticipating other players get you enough points to win.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Been doing one for years. Play the best players every week. Don’t try and save anyone. After this weekend you have to chose what conference QB you will use for the next week. You don’t want to go to the SB without one. Defense too. 

After reading this, I think it depends on how the winner of the league is decided.

@nzoner - How is winner determined?  Highest point total?  H2H record?

Just now, Kanil said:

After reading this, I think it depends on how the winner of the league is decided.

@nzoner - How is winner determined?  Most points for the playoffs/sb?  H2H record?

Total combined points

3 minutes ago, Kanil said:

@nzoner - How is winner determined?  Highest point total?  H2H record?

Total points 

3 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Total combined points

Then I think HT has it right.  Get the guys in the best position to score points each week.  For all non-QB/D positions, don't worry about lack of starters at all.  For QB/D positions, only worry about them for the conference championship games to ensure you have 1 for the SB.

I actually love the post season fantasy. So much more fun.  We play for the next years league fee. You win you play for free 500 bucks. Second gets 300, third gets 100. The guy who runs it plays for free.  We keep the scoring simple. No negative points. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let's take Brees for example,personally I like him to advance(possibly Super Bowl advance) but also know that I like him better in the dome for overall numbers.So you'd start Brees if this was your train of though?

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I actually love the post season fantasy. So much more fun.  We play for the next years league fee. You win you play for free 500 bucks. Second gets 300, third gets 100. The guy who runs it plays for free.  We keep the scoring simple. No negative points. 

Ed!  Start one up! @edjr

Point of clarification: zoner, you're saying that even if a player that you draft "advances", you can still only start them once, correct?  So if you wanted to start them in the second round, you'd have to bench them in the first round, risking the chance that they'd lose in that round?

Just now, Mookz said:

Point of clarification: zoner, you're saying that even if a player that you draft "advances", you can still only start them once, correct?  So if you wanted to start them in the second round, you'd have to bench them in the first round, risking the chance that they'd lose in that round?

There is no draft,all players are available to start only once i.e. I start Brees this weekend and he eventually ends up in SB I better hope I have the AFC QB available.

10 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Let's take Brees for example,personally I like him to advance(possibly Super Bowl advance) but also know that I like him better in the dome for overall numbers.So you'd start Brees if this was your train of though?

That’s who I’m going with. Thomas too. 

4 minutes ago, nzoner said:

There is no draft,all players are available to start only once i.e. I start Brees this weekend and he eventually ends up in SB I better hope I have the AFC QB available.

Ah, got it.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s who I’m going with. Thomas too. 

great minds :D

thanks

5 minutes ago, nzoner said:

No reason to hope. Set it up that you make sure you have a Qb. Lets say you start Mahomes next week, you then start the winner of the Baltimore game in the conference champ, and then you have whoever advances to SB from nfc. Or vice -versa. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No reason to hope. Set it up that you make sure you have a Qb. Lets say you start Mahomes next week, you then start the winner of the Baltimore game in the conference champ, and then you have whoever advances to SB from nfc. Or vice -versa. 

This is why I started this thread I knew someone had surely played this format before.I did notice though that you have no negative points in yours which is a luxury I don't have.

50 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Ed!  Start one up! @edjr

I've tried before. Just never came to fruition and most people don't want to play for $

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

I've tried before. Just never came to fruition and most people don't want to play for $

Sounds like you got at least 3 so far.  Could probably play with 8 or so since it's just total points scored.

5 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Sounds like you got at least 3 so far.  Could probably play with 8 or so since it's just total points scored.

I know, I run one on MFL with people from my home town. $150 pp, no redraft 10 people. 

56 minutes ago, nzoner said:

This is why I started this thread I knew someone had surely played this format before.I did notice though that you have no negative points in yours which is a luxury I don't have.

Just easier to do the scoring. 

Also NZ, you’re going to see a lot of similar lineups the first week. Just play who you want. It gets more diverse the 2 and 3rd weeks. 

• Like 1

QB- Brees

RB- D Cook/ D Henry

WR- M Thomas/ Diggs/ Edelman

TE- Goedert

Flex- M Sanders

D- Buffalo

Good luck NZ. It's more fun than the regular season. 

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

QB- Brees

RB- D Cook/ D Henry

WR- M Thomas/ Diggs/ Edelman

TE- Goedert

Flex- M Sanders

D- Buffalo

I just posted mine in the weekly thread before seeing this,looks as though we'll be cheering for 5 of the same.

22 minutes ago, nzoner said:

I just posted mine in the weekly thread before seeing this,looks as though we'll be cheering for 5 of the same.

👍

On 1/3/2020 at 7:04 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

We ended up with 22 owners and only 5 of us used Brees,at least a dozen used Wilson.FWIW,I'm in 11th place with 120.6 and the leader has 148.6.

How did you do?

11 minutes ago, nzoner said:

We ended up with 22 owners and only 5 of us used Brees,at least a dozen used Wilson.FWIW,I'm in 11th place with 120.6 and the leader has 148.6.

How did you do?

Not added up yet. We decided to have negative plays last minute so I assume yours and mine were close. Most teams used Brees in mine. Edit: Just got it, 107. Middle of the pack. Next week is when there is big separation. 

On 1/5/2020 at 7:14 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not added up yet. We decided to have negative plays last minute so I assume yours and mine were close. Most teams used Brees in mine. Edit: Just got it, 107. Middle of the pack. Next week is when there is big separation. 

So based on your previous experience of this being a week of big separation what is your lineup looking like? Personally,out of 10 players I only had 3(Henry,Cook,Hopkins) that advanced and are no longer in play the leader on the other hand had 7 that advanced.My thinking is going NFC QB next two weeks and a few of their weapons in hopes of having Jackson/Mahomes with a few of their weapons for the SB.

Being in Missouri I think there will be some heavy Mahomes,Kelce,Hill lineups and not saying this as just a KC homer but that concerns me in that if I play this as I'm thinking that big separation you speak of could be me looking up at all the others.

Any thoughts appreciated and thanks again.

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

So based on your previous experience of this being a week of big separation what is your lineup looking like? Personally,out of 10 players I only had 3(Henry,Cook,Hopkins) that advanced and are no longer in play the leader on the other hand had 7 that advanced.My thinking is going NFC QB next two weeks and a few of their weapons in hopes of having Jackson/Mahomes with a few of their weapons for the SB.

Being in Missouri I think there will be some heavy Mahomes,Kelce,Hill lineups and not saying this as just a KC homer but that concerns me in that if I play this as I'm thinking that big separation you speak of could be me looking up at all the others.

Any thoughts appreciated and thanks again.

Well you have to pick a confrence this week at qband defense. After that, play the best players. If it’s close, play the guy you think will be on the losing team. Besides QB and defense , I’ll stick to bpa. As we saw with NO, saving guys isn’t a great strategy. 

• Thanks 1

@Hardcore troubadour if you don't mind sharing what's your line-up look like this week?

Here's mine

Rodgers

Jones

Moesart

Debo

Watkins

Davis

Kittle

Crosby

Packers

Flex-Jonu Smith

Mahomes