Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

democrats growing call to abolish ALL cops across the US

https://news.yahoo.com/calls-growing-abolish-police-cities-140248927.html

As I said months ago, many democrats want to get rid of all the cops and replace them with Antifa.  This will hasten the destruction of law and order and turn the nation into a chaotic mess.

https://harvardlawreview.org/2019/04/envisioning-abolition-democracy/

Justice in abolitionist terms involves at once exposing the violence, hypocrisy, and dissembling entrenched in existing legal practices, while attempting to achieve peace, make amends, and distribute resources more equitably.

Oh god.....yeah so here's what would happen.

We live in a nice neighborhood so we'll go hmm..let's put our money together and hire these cops to protect OUR neighborhood. So this makes those with money safer and these hell holes these people want to protect basically Lord of the Flies. 

Have fun with that. 

1 hour ago, sderk said:

It's why we have the 2nd Amendment. :thumbsup:

Let me tell you about something else that there is a growing call for among Democrats to abolish all across the US...

2 hours ago, riversco said:

As I said months ago, many democrats want to get rid of all the cops and replace them with Antifa.  This will hasten the destruction of law and order and turn the nation into a chaotic mess.

Justice in abolitionist terms involves at once exposing the violence, hypocrisy, and dissembling entrenched in existing legal practices, while attempting to achieve peace, make amends, and distribute resources more equitably.

Even Coleman Young never did this. He just antagonized the cops, called them racists, and fired those that dared to arrest black people. Fortunately, the fired cops got hired in the suburbs. And the ones that stayed were sort of expected to toe Hizzonor's line.

It's hard to imagine that Detroit was a nice place to live up through 1974, but twenty years of Coleman Young governance will do this to a community. When I played "The Last of Us", going through the Pittsburgh suburbs stage set after (also) twenty years of zombie apocalypse, it really looked and felt like Detroit in 1994.

Twenty years of Coleman Young = Twenty years of zombie apocalypse

Abolishing police...lol. That would be a big first step in a civil war.  And the black dude.... on the video....talking about getting rid of police....uhhhh....his group would be one of the first to go, as they'd be one of the first to "attack" out of "not being treated fairly".  

5 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Without cops, I wouldn't listen to anything the government told me to do. It would be a free-for-all for those of us who are normally law abiding citizens.

Yep. Hence 2nd amendment.

• Thanks 1

I agree there are far too many cops. 

I remember Houston had 

• City Cops
  • County Cops
  • Constables
  • Sheriffs
  • Metro Cops
  • School Cops
  • Federal Cops (of many types)
  • And more

- All of whom swam in the same pond and had authority in said pond. 

More than anything, it's all the overhead that's such a waste; They all need their own dispatchers, uniforms, support staff, administrations, training academies, etc..

We are seriously over-militarized in that respect. They all own small arsenals - even tanks - and hey, btw - How are we doing on mass murders  / shootings in this country?  

Besides, we could just train the cops to learn code...

This is an older video from 2017 describing the "abolitionist movement".  Right out the gate, the presenter shuts down anyone who dares say its about getting rid of cops.  SO you see, if you claim that is what the abolitionist movement is, they will ban you from the conversation.  Annnnndddd then at 1:14 we get this

I don't oppose a dictatorship as long as it is a transitional government.  There is no way we are going to policy the country out of this mess, we need a transitional military dictatorship to install the constitution again, once everything is good, we can go back having elections. 

17 hours ago, riversco said:

It is where you almost wish the media would publicize this craziness to kill their election chances.  Then you worry about life in 10 or so years as the center keeps moving left.

On 1/1/2020 at 1:00 AM, Voltaire said:

Even Coleman Young never did this. He just antagonized the cops, called them racists, and fired those that dared to arrest black people. Fortunately, the fired cops got hired in the suburbs. And the ones that stayed were sort of expected to toe Hizzonor's line.

It's hard to imagine that Detroit was a nice place to live up through 1974, but twenty years of Coleman Young governance will do this to a community. When I played "The Last of Us", going through the Pittsburgh suburbs stage set after (also) twenty years of zombie apocalypse, it really looked and felt like Detroit in 1994.

Twenty years of Coleman Young = Twenty years of zombie apocalypse

Detroit was one of the absolute great american cities until Coleman made it a race city.  Such a cool town

I like how when you guys are all painted with the same brush as the wackos on the super far right, you get upset.  But then literally do the same thing to the other side.

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

I like how when you guys are all painted with the same brush as the wackos on the super far right, you get upset.  But then literally do the same thing to the other side.

That claim loses all credibility when a liberal US Senator and leading presidential candidate says that transgender prisoners should have their sex change operations paid for by the taxpayer. That's just but one example of the insanity being brought forth not by the fringe left, but by the "mainstream". You people still don't see what's happening. Open your eyes and ears. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

Nailed it. 

38 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That claim loses all credibility when a liberal US Senator and leading presidential candidate says that transgender prisoners should have their sex change operations paid for by the taxpayer. That's just but one example of the insanity being brought forth not by the fringe left, but by the "mainstream". You people still don't see what's happening. Open your eyes and ears. 

So if a GOP senator says something, it can be taken as "mainstream"?  Careful how you answer that, because it's going to make you look stupid if you say yes.

33 minutes ago, Kanil said:

So if a GOP senator says something, it can be taken as "mainstream"?  Careful how you answer that, because it's going to make you look stupid if you say yes.

I said that's but one example. Shall I list more? Who is it that wants to abolish ICE? Some college kids? Who is it that wants prisoners to be able to vote, even terrorists? Who is it that wants illegals to be given free healthcare and college? And drivers licenses? Sanctuary cities? You go ahead and find your fringe right wingers saying stupid stuff. But their ideas don't get any play. The "fringe" left ideas are the platform and policy now. So Have at it. 

50 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Nailed it. Now watch HT keep moving the goalposts, throwing out other policy positions that have nothing to do with the OP, and quibbling over the definition of “mainstream.”

HT slapfights in-line in church on Christmas Eve. She can’t stop.

Just now, MDC said:

Nailed it. Now watch HT keep moving the goalposts, throwing out other policy positions that have nothing to do with the OP, and quibbling over the definition of “mainstream.”

HT slapfights in-line in church on Christmas Eve. She can’t stop.

I'm giving actual policy that has been instituted. You continue to bring nothing. A simple troll, nothing more.  

1 day. It would take 1 day without police for complete anarchy to break out. The people clamoring for this the loudest would be the most hurt by it too.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm giving actual policy that has been instituted. You continue to bring nothing. A simple troll, nothing more.  

No, you are not.  You are moving the goalposts.  What you actually typed was what the person SAYS.  I highlighted it below.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I can't believe republicans think it's ok to just walk up on women and grab them by the poosay.  Or to shoot someone in broad daylight in Time's Square.

At least that's what the last leading GOP presidential candidate said.  And as HT has pointed out, if a leading presidential candidate says it, it's the mainstream belief of that party.

37 minutes ago, Kanil said:

No, you are not.  You are moving the goalposts.  What you actually typed was what the person SAYS.  I highlighted it below.

I can't believe republicans think it's ok to just walk up on women and grab them by the poosay.  Or to shoot someone in broad daylight in Time's Square.

At least that's what the then leading GOP presidential candidate said.  And as HT has pointed out, if a leading presidential candidate says it, it's the mainstream belief of that party.

Nailed it. HT is a pure troll. She just craves attention.

Even on Christmas Eve.

7 minutes ago, Kanil said:

At least that's what the last leading GOP presidential candidate said.  And as HT has pointed out, if a leading presidential candidate says it, it's the mainstream belief of that party.

So the policies that have been instituted that I named are all just fringe talk? How can that be moving the goalposts? They are facts. Your job is to tell me they are just fringe positions. But you can't, because they exist. Has a law been passed that allows for puzzy grabbing? Can we now shoot someone in broad daylight? No, we can't. But you can poop in the middle of Times Square if you want. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So the policies that have been instituted that I named are all just fringe talk? How can that be moving the goalposts?

Moving the goalposts is changing the argument from what you initially stated to something else when you realize it was a bad argument.

Your initial statement was "a liberal US Senator and leading presidential candidate says" and now you've attempted to change the argument to "policies that have been instituted".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I said that's but one example. Shall I list more? Who is it that wants to abolish ICE? Some college kids? Who is it that wants prisoners to be able to vote, even terrorists? Who is it that wants illegals to be given free healthcare and college? And drivers licenses? Sanctuary cities? You go ahead and find your fringe right wingers saying stupid stuff. But their ideas don't get any play. The "fringe" left ideas are the platform and policy now. So Have at it. 

Don't forget reparations for Illegals.  That's one of my favorites.

21 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Moving the goalposts is changing the argument from what you initially stated to something else when you realize it was a bad argument.

Your initial statement was "a liberal US Senator and leading presidential candidate says" and now you've attempted to change the argument to "policies that have been instituted".

No, your claim is that the insane policy proposals emanate from the fringe. I showed that the candidates are the ones touting those proposals. Are they the fringe? Is it the fringe that instituted the actual polices that exist? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No, your claim is that the insane policy proposals emanate from the fringe. I showed that the candidates are the ones touting those proposals. Are they the fringe? Is it the fringe that instituted the actual polices that exist? 

So show me the US Senator or leading presidential candidate that wants to abolish police.  I'll hang up and listen.

6 minutes ago, Kanil said:

So show me the US Senator or leading presidential candidate that wants to abolish police.  I'll hang up and listen.

I never made that claim. My point was that radical positions are no longer a fringe position.  They have become the platform. If you want to claim this particular claim is from the fringe, fine. But it’s not the only radical position brought forth. But is it such a far leap from abolishing ice and not enforcing laws?  Both are radical and insane, just to a different degree. You brought up a generality and now you want to talk about specifics. Talk about moving the goalposts. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I never made that claim. My point was that radical positions are no longer a fringe position.  They have become the platform. If you want to claim this particular claim is from the fringe, fine. But it’s not the only radical position brought forth. But is it such a far leap from abolishing ice and not enforcing laws?  Both are radical and insane, just to a different degree. You brought up a generality and now you want to talk about specifics. Talk about moving the goalposts. 

My post was in this thread about this specific issue.  You challenged the credibility of my statement and cited a DIFFERENT argument which you then used to make your point (strawman).  Then, when pointed out that your strawman was a bad argument, you moved the goalposts of your strawman.  Now, you're trying a second poor strawman by tying the abolishment of police to other arguments again.

Secondly, are you saying that if a radical position is brought forth by a lawmaker of a party, it's then the position of the party as a whole?  I just want you to clarify this point so you can't later change your answer.

1 minute ago, Kanil said:

My post was in this thread about this specific issue.  You challenged the credibility of my statement and cited a DIFFERENT argument which you then used to make your point (strawman).  Then, when pointed out that your strawman was a bad argument, you moved the goalposts.  Now, you're trying a second poor strawman by tying the abolishment of police to other arguments again.

Now, are you saying that if a radical position is brought forth by a lawmaker of a party, it's then the position of the party as a whole?  I just want you to clarify this point so you can't later change your answer.

Not all radical positions, but the ones that have been instituted and stated as policy from candidates and elected officials are obviously the position. And no, (paraphrasing) your original comment was that the left gets branded when their fringe makes an outlandish claim. That's a generality, and that's what I replied to. You are now defending a specific item, which I never brought up. I'm pointing out that the generality that you invoked is not valid considering actual occurrences and policies that are brought forth are ridiculous. They can't run away from their "fringe" when they are doing what the "fringe" wants. Show me ridiculous policies from the fringe right that have actually been instituted or proposed in a debate and maybe you can salvage a draw. 

On January 2, 2020 at 1:00 PM, Kanil said:

HT is not afraid of looking stupid

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

HT is not afraid of looking stupid

Sick burn dude

Abolish police and let it RAIN. Libs will sh!t their panties in a week and beg for the police:lol:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Abolish police and let it RAIN. Libs will sh!t their panties in a week and beg for the police:lol:

No no no.  They will deputize antifa after getting rid of the police.   Now sure, they wouldn't call them antifa.  And they will say you are crazy to call them antifa.  But it will be members of antifa nonetheless.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:23 AM, Kanil said:

What? I've seen the terms "many democrats" and "among democrats" used in this thread. Nobody has said "all democrats" or "every democrat" once. 

I don't think you know what the word literally means.  

Old news!

From 2015

The Obama administration released a plan to expand federal control over state and local law enforcement. The plan released Monday, entitled Task Force on 21st Century Policing, advocates the federalization of police agencies across the country by forcing them to adhere to stricter requirements when they receive federal funding. https://www.infowars.com/obama-to-expand-federal-control-over-state-local-police/

President Barack Obama announced new efforts to demilitarize America’s police departments on Monday, telling an audience in Camden, New Jersey that heavily-armed police forces have left many local residents feeling alienated and intimidated.

“We’ve seen how militarized gear can sometimes give people a feeling like there’s an occupying force,” Obama said. “We’re going to prohibit some equipment made for the battlefield that is not appropriate for those police departments.”

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/obama-ban-military-weapons-sent-local-police-departments

Obama Administration and UN Announce Global Police Force to Fight ‘Extremism’ In U.S.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2015/10/02/obama-administration-and-un-announce-global-police-force-to-fight-extremism-in-u-s/