Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Looking Ahead To Redrafts 2020: First Four Rounds

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

It seemed to me they did everything they could to not give him the opportunity 

kingsbury brought him in and the offense flourished

I don't follow the Dolphins, but know a lot of Dolphin's fans... they're the source of what I posted.  I've also heard similar on XM Radio, so my assumption is that their take is right.  The offense may have flourished... but I wouldn't exactly say that Drake did.  He had that first big game, and then over the 4 weeks he averaged 3.5 ypc and no TD's and the team was 0-4.  In his 6 games with Miami, he averaged 3.7 ypc, so no real difference.  He did finish strong, but that's happened in Miami too.  He's the same RB, just on a different team.

I'm not saying that he sucks and that I'll never trust him, just that I'm not going to pay a top 4 round pick on him until he gives me a full season of quality production.

21 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't follow the Dolphins, but know a lot of Dolphin's fans... they're the source of what I posted.  I've also heard similar on XM Radio, so my assumption is that their take is right.  The offense may have flourished... but I wouldn't exactly say that Drake did.  He had that first big game, and then over the 4 weeks he averaged 3.5 ypc and no TD's and the team was 0-4.  In his 6 games with Miami, he averaged 3.7 ypc, so no real difference.  He did finish strong, but that's happened in Miami too.  He's the same RB, just on a different team.

I'm not saying that he sucks and that I'll never trust him, just that I'm not going to pay a top 4 round pick on him until he gives me a full season of quality production.

I would agree. 

Hes a good player, wasn’t given a lot of chances with the Dolphins, from what I’ve heard, some of that was his own doing.  

He had some really good games,  it had a stretch of games that he wasn’t so good. 

And I do think that Edmonds we’ll find more playing time next season.  

Thanks, very good post. 

Well ideally you are drafting in the top 5 and then trade your second and fourth rounders to get at least the #6 overall pick.  For arguments sake, you own the #5 and #6 so its

1.05 Dalvin Cook
1.06 Aaron Jones
3.05 Cooper Kupp
5.05 Russell Wilson
6.07 DK Metcalf?  OBJ?  Chark?  McLaurin?
7.05. TE Hollister

Then run away with the league title.

You ALWAYS deal the 2 and 4 for a second top RB every year.  Don't question it. 

On 1/7/2020 at 5:46 PM, weepaws said:

No way he scores 16 total tds next season. 

Do you think he scores atleast 16 total tds next season?  

Thank I always appreciate your insite. 

Jones has very low mileage for a 26 year old and has developed into a 3 down back.  What impressed me even more was his pass blocking improvement which was his Achilles heal Last year.   Not sure if you even watch football, but the block he put on the blitzing linebacker in yesterday’s divisional round playoff wouldn’t have happened last year- and it’s the reason why Rodgers was able to hit jimmy for the 1st down. 
Rodgers and co. will be going into their 2nd season in this new offence and will most likely address their need of getting WR and TE help via free agency or draft.  I don’t see a decline in this offence and I see similar if not better yardage numbers from Aaron Jones as he’s entering his prime.   Sure, he may not get the 20 tds that he’s at currently (playoffs included). But his yardage total will most definitely improve making him .........let me say it one final time a RB1

On 1/10/2020 at 5:01 PM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Tb. FWIW the dolphins as a team avg under 3ypc for the year so drake at 3.7 was balling

Their complaint wasn't the rushing aspect, it was his knowledge of the offense and his ability to do his job when not being given the ball.  I get their point.  I'm seeing the same thing in Tampa with Jones.  When Jones is actually given the ball, via the run or the pass, he's productive... yet, he's not getting it enough - on the surface.  But when you watch the games, he's missing blocks, missing reads, not holding onto the ball, and other things that help the offense move the ball.  That appears to be this issues, or similar, that Drake had in Miami.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 8:57 PM, Fumbleweed said:

Round One:
1. Christian McCaffrey
2. Ezekiel Elliott
3. Saquon Barkley
4. Derrick Henry
5. Dalvin Cook
6. Aaron Jones 
7. Nick Chubb
8. Michael Thomas
9. Alvin Kamara
10. Joe Mixon
11. Tyreek Hill
12. Chris Carson

Round Two:

13. DeAndre Hopkins
14. Julio Jones
15. Lamar Jackson
16. Josh Jacobs
17. Austin Ekeler
18. Leonard Fournette
19. Mike Evans
20. Kenyan Drake 
21. Davante Adams
22. Melvin Gordon
23. Kenny Golladay 
24. Patrick Mahomes

Just some observations for the first 2.....

*Barkley my #1 without hesitation. 

*2 and 3 can be McCaffrey/Elliott in whichever order, doesn't matter.  Both still young and both are a big part of their offenses.

*D Henry.......No thanks.  He currently has 367 carries.  Could end up around 400 when KC game is over.  Previously he had 215 in 2018, 176 in 2017, and 110 in 2016.  I don't want any part of that with the 4th pick.

*Getting off my soapbox about Henry, I'm stumped who to pick 4th, 5th, 6th.  Cook is fantastic but injury each year seems imminent.  Jones always looks good to me and has the luxury of Rodgers as his QB.  Kamara may not have been healthy most of the season......if he comes back 100% he'll be one of the most explosive RB's yet again.

*Chris Carson is a hard pass for me.  Nothing really special I've seen other than he's a bowling ball.  I don't believe he's going to last and he's not explosive at all.  I'd take Josh Jacobs over him without hesitation. 

I’d also swap hill with Adams. The connection is becoming Thomas/brees like 

17 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

I get that for sure since Rodgers goes to Adams about like brees and Thomas.   And Mahomes spreads it around more.   But it's hard to pass on the most explosive wr in the NFL.  Hill will never be caught if he catches the ball with room to run. 

7 hours ago, riversco said:

Well ideally you are drafting in the top 5 and then trade your second and fourth rounders to get at least the #6 overall pick.  For arguments sake, you own the #5 and #6 so its

1.05 Dalvin Cook
1.06 Aaron Jones
3.05 Cooper Kupp
5.05 Russell Wilson
6.07 DK Metcalf?  OBJ?  Chark?  McLaurin?
7.05. TE Hollister

Then run away with the league title.

You ALWAYS deal the 2 and 4 for a second top RB every year.  Don't question it. 

You think OBJ is falling to the 6th?

You know, even in this horrible season, he was WR25....which is a 4th rounder. Gotta think he will rebound some (or a lot).

53 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

You know, even in this horrible season, he was WR25....which is a 4th rounder. Gotta think he will rebound some (or a lot).

Guys get injured or have 1 bad year and they CAN drop a ton.  I won't guarantee he drops that far but he MIGHT.  Hence the question mark.

6 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

Jones has very low mileage for a 26 year old and has developed into a 3 down back.  What impressed me even more was his pass blocking improvement which was his Achilles heal Last year.   Not sure if you even watch football, but the block he put on the blitzing linebacker in yesterday’s divisional round playoff wouldn’t have happened last year- and it’s the reason why Rodgers was able to hit jimmy for the 1st down. 
Rodgers and co. will be going into their 2nd season in this new offence and will most likely address their need of getting WR and TE help via free agency or draft.  I don’t see a decline in this offence and I see similar if not better yardage numbers from Aaron Jones as he’s entering his prime.   Sure, he may not get the 20 tds that he’s at currently (playoffs included). But his yardage total will most definitely improve making him .........let me say it one final time a RB1

I think your own personal ranking of A Jones is great, I have no problem with how you rank your own players. 

I don’t see another 16 tds next season, not even sure his yardage total goes up either. 

But we’ll have to wait a while and see. 

Thank for the reply, always a  pleasure chatting with you.  

3 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

I think Hill rebounds with a next like 2018. 

I would take him over Adams in a non ppr. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

I have no problem with how you rank your own players.

Wow....great....:mellow:

3 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Agreed. 

Hes going to be a very good value next season. 

3 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Why? What are the indicators? Plus, he won't fall to the 6th if you are talking about next season fantasy draft. Unless he is doing coke off of some chick's stomach in the Caribbean. 

thielen?

Ok sorry. 

I apologize to seafoam, and to smileseers. 

18 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think Hill rebounds with a next like 2018. 

I would take him over Adams in a non ppr. 

In a coinflip, for personal reasons, I tend to choose the non-child beater.  

13 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

In a coinflip, for personal reasons, I tend to choose the non-child beater.  

There you go.