Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Paging Volty and TBBOM

I just made a purchase of some basketball cards from a seller in Hong Kong.  

A couple other guys I’ve dealt with vouched for him and I used PayPal goods and services, so I’m not too worried about losing my money.  

He’s shipping via e express and says it takes about a week.  

I know shipping form Hong Kong is different than shipping from mainland China, but what should I expect via customs and timetable?

I bought a book from the US and it took three weeks. I've never shipped anything to the US.

• Like 1

Well, you guys were a lot of help.  What's the point of having anonymous internet friends in China if they aren't experts on everything having to do with the place?  

9 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Well, you guys were a lot of help.  What's the point of having anonymous internet friends in China if they aren't experts on everything having to do with the place?  

Ive never tried to send things from here. Receiving things from there, takes for ever, and last time it didn't come at all. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Ive never tried to send things from here. Receiving things from there, takes for ever, and last time it didn't come at all. 

This is what I was afraid of.  He, and others say it's not like that coming from Hong Kong, but I've never done it.  

He's going to send me the tracking info.  If I don't get in within a few weeks, I'll get my money back from Paypal.  Thanks man. 

Are these cards you can't buy here?  Why are you buying them from HK?  Are they even legit?  I see how those chinks misspell half the words in their Amazon descriptions you better hope they used spell check before they printed those cards. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Are these cards you can't buy here?  Why are you buying them from HK?  Are they even legit?  I see how those chinks misspell half the words in their Amazon descriptions you better hope they used spell check before they printed those cards. 

You think I should be concerned that he thought MI was the abbreviation for Miami?

• Haha 1

Hong Kong is far more legitimate  and non-corrupt than mainland China. It's like buying something from Canada or Australia. I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I’m buying from this seller because the cards are below market value and I can resell them for a profit here.  Basketball is really hot right now.  The right Zion, Doncic, and Morant cards are going for hundreds.  I have some of those, but haven’t invested a ton in those guys.  They could all be busts by next year.  

The more interesting ones are the authenticated player autographed cards.  Kevin McHale, Dennis Rodman, Walt Frazier, David Robinson, Steve Nash, Bill Russell, and a few rookie autographed cards that look promising   

There are also some numbered cards, meaning there were only a limited number of cards made.  I’m buying a Yannis 16/35, for example.  

Based on the pics, the cards are legit.  He also checked out with a few other guys I’ve done deals with. 

11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Hong Kong is far more legitimate  and non-corrupt than mainland China. It's like buying something from Canada or Australia. I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

Thanks.  Appreciate the insight. 

40 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I’m buying from this seller because the cards are below market value and I can resell them for a profit here.  Basketball is really hot right now.  The right Zion, Doncic, and Morant cards are going for hundreds.  I have some of those, but haven’t invested a ton in those guys.  They could all be busts by next year.  

The more interesting ones are the authenticated player autographed cards.  Kevin McHale, Dennis Rodman, Walt Frazier, David Robinson, Steve Nash, Bill Russell, and a few rookie autographed cards that look promising   

There are also some numbered cards, meaning there were only a limited number of cards made.  I’m buying a Yannis 16/35, for example.  

Based on the pics, the cards are legit.  He also checked out with a few other guys I’ve done deals with. 

Zeyeon, Donchick, Moreaunt.  Good luck reselling those.

• Like 1

pm down?

9 hours ago, vuduchile said:

This is what I was afraid of.  He, and others say it's not like that coming from Hong Kong, but I've never done it.  

He's going to send me the tracking info.  If I don't get in within a few weeks, I'll get my money back from Paypal.  Thanks man. 

No, it was a commie issue. My mom. Sent a package. Spent a month or so in. China customs. Then appeared back at their house a month later.