Jump to content
Cruzer

NYG hire HC - Joe Judge

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

It used to be the first stop was it.  Gibbs, Parcells, Walsh, Jimmy J.  There is also Tomlin, Payton.  These days, outside of Belicheat and Carroll, I'd rather have a newcomer.

Parcells was the DC for the Giants before he was HC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason garrett was WAY over .500 as a head coach in dallas and never had a franchise qb there.  Even great head coaches struggle to do that without a qb.   Its asinine that he is a coordinator.   The browns or falcons should have grabbed him and made him their head coach to pair him with a franchise qb and let it rip.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It used to be the first stop was it.  Gibbs, Parcells, Walsh, Jimmy J.  There is also Tomlin, Payton.  These days, outside of Belicheat and Carroll, I'd rather have a newcomer.

I agree. McDermott (Bills) and Reich (Colts) are 2 more from the Andy Reid tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, riversco said:

Jason garrett was WAY over .500 as a head coach in dallas and never had a franchise qb there.  Even great head coaches struggle to do that without a qb.   Its asinine that he is a coordinator.   The browns or falcons should have grabbed him and made him their head coach to pair him with a franchise qb and let it rip.  

A winning percentage of .559 is just over .500 not WAY over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blame it all on Garrett if you want. But the real problem was above his paygrade if you ask me. I guess we will find out soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Parcells was the DC for the Giants before he was HC. 

Exactly, he was not a former HC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we expecting the giants to suck again this year I see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, but he sounds fair.  :dunno:

 

And sober.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank Reich never coached under Andy Reid  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And oh yeah, a Packers fan saying someone else is cheap. Now that's Fockin funny. Goober.  

I can see you are upset.

Chris Snee had great things to say about him.  I mean great in only 1 year of work with nyg.

Again calm down.  You are so spastic for a 70 year old 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

A winning percentage of .559 is just over .500 not WAY over. 

Look, people used to rip Bill Cowher as overrated before he got Ben Roethlisberger and won a super bowl with him.

Marty Schottenheimer never had a franchise QB.

Andy Reid never had a franchise QB until Mahomes.

Jason Garrett is another one.  He is a big winner but without a franchise QB he can only do so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I can see you are upset.

Chris Snee had great things to say about him.  I mean great in only 1 year of work with nyg.

Again calm down.  You are so spastic for a 70 year old 

I'm fine. Like I alluded to earlier, they called Joe Torre clueless Joe. But you onthe other hand, were just spouting out nonsense and looked dumb doing it. Takedown complete.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, drobeski said:

5-11

7-9. Might be enough to win the division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm fine. Like I alluded to earlier, they called Joe Torre clueless Joe. But you onthe other hand, were just spouting out nonsense and looked dumb doing it. Takedown complete.  

I have no idea what world you are in or what you are even talking about? 

Take down complete?  Joe Torre? Are we in the same thread?

Im picturing the O'Doyle Rules kid off billy madison right now.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, riversco said:

Jason garrett was WAY over .500 as a head coach in dallas and never had a franchise qb there.  Even great head coaches struggle to do that without a qb.   Its asinine that he is a coordinator.   The browns or falcons should have grabbed him and made him their head coach to pair him with a franchise qb and let it rip.  

You're either young or just didn't watch too many Cowboys' games.

Romo was not the problem here - he bailed Jerry and Red out, gave them what little success they did have.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I have no idea what world you are in or what you are even talking about? 

Take down complete?  Joe Torre? Are we in the same thread?

Im picturing the O'Doyle Rules kid off billy madison right now.

"The Giants are cheap". Clearly you were spouting the first thing that popped in your head. Simple analysis from a simple person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Lombardi did a live shot on local radio station this a.m.

Said only the Browns have fewer wins than the NYG over the past 5 years......... Went on to say it's not a HC problem, it's a culture problem.

I've no idea if that's true - but the fact some in the biz see it that way is interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RLLD said:

Wait, how can these teams, like Dallas with McCarthy, hire these clowns so fast?  Don't they have to pretend to interview unqualified minority candidates in a dog and pony show first?

I thought that too.....Did that policy change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruhle was the guy they wanted.  New Yorker.  Was on the staff. A leader.  They didnt want to pay him what he was going to get from the Panthers.  So they went with the fallback.

Call it cheap.  Call it not paying up.  I dont care.  Bottom line is they didnt want to give the guy the money he wanted.

Funny how a big fan of the Yankees suddenly cares about the Giants pockets.  Weird.  

Im not saying Judge will suck.  Good coaches come from all sorts of places.  

Im saying they didnt get their guy. Period.

Why are you upset?  Im not trying to trash you.  From the start you come in defensive and aggresive.  Its focking weird.   Not sure why every thread has to be some big dramatic argument with you.  You act like a woman.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

And the browns are.left with the scraps 😂😂😂😂

Weak ownership

If form holds true, the Browns will hire Jason Garrett.... Why? Bcoz they're the Browns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, riversco said:

Andy Reid never had a franchise QB until Mahomes.

You can bash McNabb, but he and Reid killed it together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ruhle was the guy they wanted.  New Yorker.  Was on the staff. A leader.  They didnt want to pay him what he was going to get from the Panthers.  So they went with the fallback.

Call it cheap.  Call it not paying up.  I dont care.  Bottom line is they didnt want to give the guy the money he wanted.

Funny how a big fan of the Yankees suddenly cares about the Giants pockets.  Weird.  

Im not saying Judge will suck.  Good coaches come from all sorts of places.  

Im saying they didnt get their guy. Period.

Why are you upset?  Im not trying to trash you.  From the start you come in defensive and aggresive.  Its focking weird.   Not sure why every thread has to be some big dramatic argument with you.  You act like a woman.

Yeah, it’s your first time spewing nonsense about the Giants. I get it. After what they have done to the Packers it’s understandable. Plenty of criticism is valid towards the NYG. You just don’t know what you’re taking about.  Supposed to hire a coach without an interview. Brilliant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Michael Lombardi did a live shot on local radio station this a.m.

Said only the Browns have fewer wins than the NYG over the past 5 years......... Went on to say it's not a HC problem, it's a culture problem.

I've no idea if that's true - but the fact some in the biz see it that way is interesting.

At this point it is the culture. The culture being two owners. If they wanted Rhule, they should have fired Schumer weeks ago and not let the Panthers jump in front.  That’s why they lost him. Indecision. Not money. There isn’t an owner in the NFL that’s giving that guy that contract and power without an interview. Not one. Even then it would be a bad move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

At this point it is the culture. The culture being two owners. If they wanted Rhule, they should have fired Schumer weeks ago and not let the Panthers jump in front.  That’s why they lost him. Indecision. Not money. There isn’t an owner in the NFL that’s giving that guy that contract and power without an interview. Not one. 

You know I can relate to culture dysfunction - it's all Jerry knows.

But I don't blame the G-Men. Even if they had interviewed him, $60m for a guy out of a small college school - bit crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

You know I can relate to culture dysfunction - it's all Jerry knows.

But I don't blame the G-Men. Even if they had interviewed him, $60m for a guy out of a small college school - bit crazy.

Exactly. That being said, Wellington Mara last hires were Coughlin and Acorsi. When he and Bob Tisch died in 2005 they left their sons a stable franchise on the rise. It’s been a disaster save 2016 when they spent up in FA since the Wellington Mara hires left the building. Their kids aren’t up to the task. Expect the NYG to go on a spending spree.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BufordT said:

There should only be one Judge in New York :thumbsdown:

Judge Judy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

You can bash McNabb, but he and Reid killed it together.

McNabb never won NFL MVP.  He was never named all-pro even once.  No rings.  There have been 8 QBs to go to the Hall since 1993.  All but Jim Kelly had AT LEAST 3 all-pro awards.  Also wasn't a compiler and had a shorter career.  In the era he played in, he was a lesser QB among all-time greats.

Mahomes already has 1 NFL MVP and an all-pro banked at age 23.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, riversco said:

McNabb never won NFL MVP.  He was never named all-pro even once.  No rings.  There have been 8 QBs to go to the Hall since 1993.  All but Jim Kelly had AT LEAST 3 all-pro awards.  Also wasn't a compiler and had a shorter career.  In the era he played in, he was a lesser QB among all-time greats.

Mahomes already has 1 NFL MVP and an all-pro banked at age 23.

McNabb doesn’t deserve to be in the Hall and he’s not an all-time great but he absolutely was a franchise QB. In 11 years in Philly he threw >200 TDs vs. 100 INTs, was selected to 6 Pro Bowls and went to the playoffs 7 times (5 NFCCGs and 1 SB appearance). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MDC said:

McNabb doesn’t deserve to be in the Hall and he’s not an all-time great but he absolutely was a franchise QB. In 11 years in Philly he threw >200 TDs vs. 100 INTs, was selected to 6 Pro Bowls and went to the playoffs 7 times (5 NFCCGs and 1 SB appearance). 

He shortarmed too many passes for my liking.    I grew tired of watching dump offs land at the feet of an open receiver. He was a notch below on accuracy.  McNabb is a QB I'd describe as a guy who did some things very well but also had big flaws.  A franchise QB is absolutely phenomenal at certain tasks.  Mahomes was just incredible a year ago.  Or Baker Mayfield set the all-time TD pass mark for a rookie in 2018 and didn't even play a full season and was on a sketchy Browns team when he did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, riversco said:

He shortarmed too many passes for my liking.    I grew tired of watching dump offs land at the feet of an open receiver. He was a notch below on accuracy.  McNabb is a QB I'd describe as a guy who did some things very well but also had big flaws.  A franchise QB is absolutely phenomenal at certain tasks.  Mahomes was just incredible a year ago.  Or Baker Mayfield set the all-time TD pass mark for a rookie in 2018 and didn't even play a full season and was on a sketchy Browns team when he did it.

I think you need to define “franchise QB.” To me a franchise QB is a guy who plays at a high (like Top 3rd of the field) level for a 3-5 year period. By that yardstick guys like Matt Ryan are / were franchise QBs and NcNabb definitely clears that bar.

I watched every game DMac played. He’s absolutely not a HOFer and played some of his worst ball in the biggest spots. I don’t even like him personally. But to say he wasn’t a franchise QB is nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think you need to define “franchise QB.” To me a franchise QB is a guy who plays at a high (like Top 3rd of the field) level for a 3-5 year period. By that yardstick guys like Matt Ryan are / were franchise QBs and NcNabb definitely clears that bar.

I watched every game DMac played. He’s absolutely not a HOFer and played some of his worst ball in the biggest spots. I don’t even like him personally. But to say he wasn’t a franchise QB is nonsense.

I absolutely disagree.  He was a good QB.  But not special.  Not a franchise guy.  Even good QBs are hard to find, so you don't get rid of him.  But meh.  He was 11-7 or something vs the Dallas Cowboys.  The Cowboys had 2 playoff victories between 1997 and 2013.  One was over McNabb and the Eagles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

7-9. Might be enough to win the division. 

not next Season Sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

not next Season Sir. 

Here we go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Reid/ McNabb heyday occurred during a down period for the NFC East. When  Parcells/Romo and Coughlin/Eli came on the scene things got different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, riversco said:

I absolutely disagree.  He was a good QB.  But not special.  Not a franchise guy.  Even good QBs are hard to find, so you don't get rid of him.  But meh.  He was 11-7 or something vs the Dallas Cowboys.  The Cowboys had 2 playoff victories between 1997 and 2013.  One was over McNabb and the Eagles.

I think we’re disagreeing about the definition of a franchise QB. Matt Ryan is a “franchise QB.” McNabb definitely was. Agree to disagree I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×