Cruzer

NYG hire HC - Joe Judge

Just now, MDC said:

I think we’re disagreeing about the definition of a franchise QB. Matt Ryan is a “franchise QB.” McNabb definitely was. Agree to disagree I guess.

Can’t we all just learn to agree? Look, McNabb and Ryan are both “losing franchise QB’s” :lol:

10 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Can’t we all just learn to agree? Look, McNabb and Ryan are both “losing franchise QB’s” :lol:

Ryan wouldn't be if his  coach wasn't a meathead. 

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think we’re disagreeing about the definition of a franchise QB. Matt Ryan is a “franchise QB.” McNabb definitely was. Agree to disagree I guess.

A franchise qb is a qb you can build the franchise around. A face of the franchise. Both McNabb and Ryan Definately are. 

21 hours ago, riversco said:

Look, people used to rip Bill Cowher as overrated before he got Ben Roethlisberger and won a super bowl with him.

Marty Schottenheimer never had a franchise QB.

Andy Reid never had a franchise QB until Mahomes.

Jason Garrett is another one.  He is a big winner but without a franchise QB he can only do so much.

What does this have to do with the fact that you think .559 winning percentage is WAY over .500? 

Aaron's Dad? :dunno:

Judge Judy will whip them into shape for sure. They might even win more than 3 games again this coming year.

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

Judge Judy will whip them into shape for sure. They might even win more than 3 games again this coming year.

1985 Bears called. They said sorry you were too young to see it and have spent your whole life without seeing one. But if you want, you can go on YouTube and watch them do the superbowl shuffle. 

Edited by Hardcore troubadour

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

1985 Bears called. They said sorry you were too young to see it and have spent your whole life without seeing one. But if you want, you can go on YouTube and watch them do the superbowl shuffle. 

I was talking about the Giants hiring Judge Judy. Good luck. Maybe you can compete for 3rd place again next year in such a garbage division.  :lol:

8 minutes ago, sderk said:

I was talking about the Giants hiring Judge Judy. Good luck. Maybe you can compete for 3rd place again next year in such a garbage division.  :lol:

The Cowboys have as many Superbowls as the entire NFC North. Facial! 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Cowboys have as many Superbowls as the entire NFC North. Facial! 

The NFC North has 2 teams moving on to the divisional playoffs this year. And honestly I don't care about what the Cowboys did in 1978.  

What do Cody Parkey and Peefoam have in common?

Neither one can get it in.

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

What do Cody Parkey and Peefoam have in common?

Neither one can get it in.

🐮 Moooo......

46 minutes ago, sderk said:

The NFC North has 2 teams moving on to the divisional playoffs this year. And honestly I don't care about what the Cowboys did in 1978.  

Do you like the Bears roster? 

I'm so happy we've finally got a go to NYG thread :banana:

it'll cut down on the Loitering on my thread lol

On 1/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, Cruzer said:

You know I can relate to culture dysfunction - it's all Jerry knows.

But I don't blame the G-Men. Even if they had interviewed him, $60m for a guy out of a small college school - bit crazy.

It aint my money so for me to say money doesnt matter is irrelevant.  

Im not downsizing that number.  Its huge.  What did Grudan sign for?

You say small college school? As opposed to what? Ohio State? Bama? LSU? Oklahoma? Where recruits flock to play no matter what?  Id think it is more impressive to get Temple TWO 10 win seasons when they hadnt had one since the 70s.  Or rebuild a Baylor team that lost a ton due to the scandal.  

16 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

You say small college school? As opposed to what? Ohio State? Bama? LSU? Oklahoma? Where recruits flock to play no matter what?  Id think it is more impressive to get Temple TWO 10 win seasons when they hadnt had one since the 70s.  Or rebuild a Baylor team that lost a ton due to the scandal.  

You don't have to tell me about Baylor. I've lived an hour away from the school for 50 years - know and work with more Baylor alums than you can shake a stick at.

And yea, Baylor is a small school - they've 17,000 enrollment on a good year... What Rhule has done is fantastic, no question. But let's not act like he's the 2nd coming of Saban..... Has he rebuilt a program from the bottom? Yes.. But he's also done it in the Big 12 - a conference littered with turds, where nobody, and i mean NOBODY, plays defense.

16 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

It aint my money so for me to say money doesnt matter is irrelevant.  

Im not downsizing that number.  Its huge.  What did Grudan sign for?

Gruden signed a 10-year, $100 million contract...

10 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

You don't have to tell me about Baylor. I've lived an hour away from the school for 50 years - know and work with more Baylor alums than you can shake a stick at.

And yea, Baylor is a small school - they've 17,000 enrollment on a good year... What Rhule has done is fantastic, no question. But let's not act like he's the 2nd coming of Saban..... Has he rebuilt a program from the bottom? Yes.. But he's also done it in the Big 12 - a conference littered with turds, where nobody, and i mean NOBODY, plays defense.

Yeah, BUT, he did it.  In a conference with much bigger potential fish.

19 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Did it at Temple too.  2 vastly different places and went and had great success without luxury of endless 5 star recruits.

The top guys all did it at small colleges beforehand.  Just because they go to Brand Name teams with endless supply of talent doesnt mean much.  Of coutse Saban and Urban are great coaches.  Rhule had big time offers from elite programs.  No doubt he could have went and had mega success.

It is a lot of money.  

39 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Yeah, BUT, he did it.  In a conference with much bigger potential fish.

27 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Did it at Temple too.  2 vastly different places and went and had great success without luxury of endless 5 star recruits.

The top guys all did it at small colleges beforehand.  Just because they go to Brand Name teams with endless supply of talent doesnt mean much.  Of coutse Saban and Urban are great coaches.  Rhule had big time offers from elite programs.  No doubt he could have went and had mega success.

It is a lot of money.  

He may turn out to be good, really good. And if so, Carolina will look like geniuses.

But the fact remains the Panthers gave $60m (upwards of $70m) to a guy with no NFL head coaching experience. And all I've said is I don't blame the Giants one bit for not matching his offer.

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

He may turn out to be good, really good. And if so, Carolina will look like geniuses.

But the fact remains the Panthers gave $60m (upwards of $70m) to a guy with no NFL head coaching experience. And all I've said is I don't blame the Giants one bit for not matching his offer.

Yeah, I don't get the money thing for any HC who is ringless.  Most are not good.  Gruden was a name to a team that needed one, so i understand that.

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Yea maybe coaches are starting to make too much.

But who would you rather pay? Linc Riley? O-3 in bowls at OU.  No other HC experience.  Josh McDaniels who already failed once and bailed another?  

These owners have FU money.  Im not saying pay anyone.  Im just saying if not Rhule then who?  Or I suppose just in the camp that says none are worth that.  Which they probably arent.  QBs aint worth thr money they get most always and that counts on the cap.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yea maybe coaches are starting to make too much.

But who would you rather pay? Linc Riley? O-3 in bowls at OU.  No other HC experience.  Josh McDaniels who already failed once and bailed another?  

These owners have FU money.  Im not saying pay anyone.  Im just saying if not Rhule then who?  Or I suppose just in the camp that says none are worth that.  Which they probably arent.  QBs aint worth thr money they get most always and that counts on the cap.

Riley was 2-0 against Rhule this year - how bout start there.

On McCarthy, I have ripped him to no end in the past.  But when the Giants brought him in I was in the “time to accept that he will be the coach” mode. Did some reading. Looking at the whole picture, it appears he was a bad spot in GB. Between an ownership that wouldn’t spend money or make trades and a Diva QB who was doing what he wanted, he had his hands tied. He got no credit for the wins and all the blame for the losses. That kind of pressure finds it’s way into your play calling in big spots, which was my biggest criticism of him. It always is. Now he’s in a spot where he still has top down pressure, but at least he will be in control of the players and his QB doesn’t have the gravitas to usurp him. When Rodgers is doing what he wants, players see that. It erodes a HC’s ability to lead the rest of the roster. If JJ can give him some room to breathe, which is asking a lot, I think this was a really good hire. He went to school on himself, which is the best schooling there is.  It reminds me of when Parcells won 3 games his first year and was almost fired. He said “fock this , I’m doing it my way”. MM looks to have gotten to the same point. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Riley was 2-0 against Rhule this year - how bout start there.

Ok.  Fair enough.  He has the superior roster and didnt have his team gutted a few years back.  But fair enough if thats what you want to go with.  

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

On McCarthy, I have ripped him to no end in the past.  But when the Giants brought him in I was in the “time to accept that he will be the coach” mode. Did some reading. Looking at the whole picture, it appears he was a bad spot in GB. Between an ownership that wouldn’t spend money or make trades and a Diva QB who was doing what he wanted, he had his hands tied. He got no credit for the wins and all the blame for the losses. That kind of pressure finds it’s way into your play calling in big spots, which was my biggest criticism of him. It always is. Now he’s in a spot where he still has top down pressure, but at least he will be in control of the players and his QB doesn’t have the gravitas to usurp him. When Rodgers is doing what he wants, players see that. It erodes a HC’s ability to lead the rest of the roster. If JJ can give him some room to breathe, which is asking a lot, I think this was a really good hire. He went to school on himself, which is the best schooling there is.  It reminds me of when Parcells won 3 games his first year and was almost fired. He said “fock this , I’m doing it my way”. MM looks to have gotten to the same point. 

So years of trashing MM was for nothing because you knew nothing about the situation? 

Oh ok

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ok.  Fair enough.  He has the superior roster and didnt have his team gutted a few years back.  But fair enough if thats what you want to go with.  

I'm still not sure what point, or what it is you're trying to get at. 

I said Rhule is a good coach, who might very well turn out to be gold. I also said I don't blame NY for not shelling out $60m for a young guy with no NFL coaching experience.

25 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So years of trashing MM was for nothing because you knew nothing about the situation? 

Oh ok

Everyone knew Rodgers was calling his own shots. You didn’t? And no, this doesn’t absolve him. That’s why I pointed out the importance of going to school on yourself and not making the same mistakes. Hence the correlation to Parcells. But alas, you have once again come in here like a schoolboy in a horehouse, too eager to get in there, leaving you out of breath and not much bang for your buck. Keep trying skip, maybe one day you’ll get it right. Until then, maybe just save some money and stay at home and jerkoff. 

It must be coincidence that this thread is about the Packers now.     It couldn't have anything to do with HT not wanting to address that his team just hired someone to be their head coach who was just the special teams and WR coach from the team that he says are frauds and cheaters and are washed up now.      

So, which is it now HT?     Your team sucks because they hired a cheating, lying, coach from a washed up franchise?    Or your team is brilliant because they grabbed an up and coming coach from one of the most successful sports teams in history?     Kind of a big gap there.    

4 minutes ago, Masshole said:

It must be coincidence that this thread is about the Packers now.     It couldn't have anything to do with HT not wanting to address that his team just hired someone to be their head coach who was just the special teams and WR coach from the team that he says are frauds and cheaters and are washed up now.      

So, which is it now HT?     Your team sucks because they hired a cheating, lying, coach from a washed up franchise?    Or your team is brilliant because they grabbed an up and coming coach from one of the most successful sports teams in history?     Kind of a big gap there.    

McCarthy was the subject. He coached the packers. Great, another freak following me around looking to make his bones. Settle down Sully, there’s a line. You should spend more time worrying about the Red Sox cheating scandal. And I haven’t even commented on Judge. So your “which one is it” little question makes no sense. Another two pump chump in the house. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

McCarthy was the subject. He coached the packers. Great, another freak following me around looking to make his bones. Settle down Sully, there’s a line. You should spend more time worrying about the Red Sox cheating scandal. 

Hardguy Deflector with a top poster comeback lol 

1 minute ago, nospk said:

Hardguy Deflector with a top poster comeback lol 

Another one of my fan club stops by. Hi Newbie. Eagles- lol. 

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I'm still not sure what point, or what it is you're trying to get at. 

I said Rhule is a good coach, who might very well turn out to be gold. I also said I don't blame NY for not shelling out $60m for a young guy with no NFL coaching experience.

I was just trying to understand your "small school" dig.    Like the elite school coaches succeed in the NFL.   I was just stating that at least to me it is more impressive what Rhule has done in college than it is a guy like Riley.  Riley is real young though so its different I suppose.   I was backing his credentials vs any others available when I see you big leagued him a little.  

I mean it you think the pay is ridiculous for any coach thats fine.  I sort of agree.  But like I said these owners have FU money and pay QBs stupid amounts just for stability.  

Im not trying to argue im just having a little debate.  I think hes one of the better canidates that have came straight from the college game.  He does have a small amput of nfl time.  The gadget guys dont work (chip). The mega recruiters from big colleges arent the recipe in my opinion either.  

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Everyone knew Rodgers was calling his own shots. You didn’t? And no, this doesn’t absolve him. That’s why I pointed out the importance of going to school on yourself and not making the same mistakes. Hence the correlation to Parcells. But alas, you have once again come in here like a schoolboy in a horehouse, too eager to get in there, leaving you out of breath and not much bang for your buck. Keep trying skip, maybe one day you’ll get it right. Until then, maybe just save some money and stay at home and jerkoff. 

Thanks for the names.  At least you are consistant.  

Hey im just trying to have some debate.  You CLEARLY cannot without getting defensive and crazy.  

Rodgers is a diva.  (You always assume what i think)

You trashed MM for years.  Watched him and the NFL for a decade.  Then you say you did some "reading" and totally change your mind.  If the cowboys continue their ways im sure you wont be in thwir threads daily giving MM the business.  We shall see.

13 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Thanks for the names.  At least you are consistant.  

Hey im just trying to have some debate.  You CLEARLY cannot without getting defensive and crazy.  

Rodgers is a diva.  (You always assume what i think)

You trashed MM for years.  Watched him and the NFL for a decade.  Then you say you did some "reading" and totally change your mind.  If the cowboys continue their ways im sure you wont be in thwir threads daily giving MM the business.  We shall see.

Why are you lying?  "Totally changed my mind". WTF did you read that?  You're a weakling. Be gone now. Dismissed. 

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I was just trying to understand your "small school" dig.

For whatever reason, you seem to have taken a personal offense to someone labeling a school as small.

It wasn't a dig, I was simply stating a fact, as a point of reference. Baylor is a small school - no matter how you want to dress it up.

Doesn't mean I think small schools are trash - they are what they are. Kudos to Rhule for pulling $60m, coming from a blip school in Waco - that's some feat.

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

wow, and then they hire the Dolphins DC lol

NY Browns

Charger fan talking about dysfunction. Lol.