Sign in to follow this  
Buttmonkey

Collusion or Not? - DraftKings

Did you see the article about the couple that won $1 Million - see snipets from the article below:

ade Roper-Tolbert won the DraftKings "Millionaire Maker" contest that consists of creating fantasy lineups from the NFL’s four wild card games. Her lineup included Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, Seattle Seahawks wide receiver DK Metcalf and Minnnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook, according to ESPN.

When she won on Sunday afternoon, her victory garnered attention outside of the daily fantasy community because of her celebrity status.

What’s not allowed is collusion between two players to build lineups. Out of the 300 combined entries, 298 of them were unique, according to ESPN, a sign pointing to coordination between the married couple.

Further pointing to collusion is the fact that Tolbert rostered NFC quarterbacks Drew Brees, Russell Wilson and Carson Wentz in 148 of his entries, while Roper-Tolbert used AFC quarterbacks Watson, Ryan Tannehill and Josh Allen in 143 of hers.

More unique rosters provide more chances to win, and the couple’s lineups point to circumventing rules prohibiting a maximum of 150 uncoordinated entries.

Seems like collusion to me - thoughts?

I'd say it was an obvious attempt at cheating the system. If they had 99% of their entries uncoordinated, I'd say that it was against both the spirit of the game, and the stated rules. Had they spread it across a few more different entrants, it may have gone unnoticed.

its obviously collusion.. but that doesnt make it illegal. The fault is on draft kings to make it some simple to beat their idiotic system 

Ha, ha.  I almost posted this, myself.  A guy created a Pivot Table of all 300 entries, and the result is comical.  I highly doubt Draft Kings will pay the $1M.  But then what?  They keep it?  Award it to #2, and the other payouts slide down 1 position?

I dont gamble on draft kings, but it looks like one person may have unlimited entries.   so to me, what is the difference between 300 entries for one person and 300 entries divided between 2 people.

it's the multiple entry rule that makes this possible.

either way, maybe I misunderstand the problem, but if I havnt, this cannot be seen as collusion because they are just using multiple entries as the rules allow.  

It would appear they used 5 QB's between the two entrants, so even with the large number of entries, they still had a significant chance of losing if one of the QB's they didnt start had a big game.

also, all it takes is one WR or RB not picked in either of their packages to go off big time and that would  be that.  theyd lose easily even if they had the top scoring QB.

anyhow, maybe I misunderstood the way the game is played, but I dont see this as collusion.  I see it as exploiting a loophole in the rules to win.

You’re not supposed to have more than 150 entries per person, and collaborating with another player is expressly forbidden.

i like the excuse he used.  She just likes to root against him.  So she spent 150 * what to root against him?

whatever. 

nobody would have complained if they lost and contributed to someone else's winnings.

Either way, I find the whole business to be somewhat shady to begin with.  (which is why I dont gamble on this)  

if you agree, then you should probably find another place to gamble or spend your money.

• Like 1

Evidently a reality show couple won the million dollars...max entries is 150

They each submitted 150...

Girl won...all the regular scammers are pissed...because they do the same thing and stake each other and split the profits..

Dk is investigating....lol

6 hours ago, Bills04 said:

*I* only do the Single Entry contests on FanDuel, to avoid this nonsense. 

I always wonder - is it "single entry" only for the poor schmucks who follow the "rules"?  I avoid the nonsense those sites altogether. 

2 of the top gamblers ...chipotle addict and one other dude are brothers!   Collusion is all over that ...puhlese...they  are pissed they got beat at their own game

3 hours ago, Bills04 said:

The lack of transparency on this decision and no guidance on their collusion policies moving forward is an issue. The fact that this was their only response on the matter is a little underwhelming...

… not to mention their response was delayed and posted on the Saturday morning during the dead week between the Conference Championship games and the Super Bowl on their DraftKingsNews twitter account (4K followers) and their Draftkings twitter account (293K followers) indicates there's a lot of sweeping under the rug going on.

On 1/26/2020 at 7:12 PM, timozbuck said:

I’d be shocked if the reality couple were not still paid out under the table after signing a non litigation settlement.

Yeah, this feels like one of those.