Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Tell me about your gun!

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

Once again, guns in the black community, based on my experience, are ILLEGALLY owned by CRIMINALS. So for me, when I think of guns, I think of:

criminals
police officers
military men
people from the south who hunt or just think it's their right to own guns for protection

I've already explained that my upbringing passively taught me that guns were bad. Only until living in the south have a seen law abiding people owning guns and that they can be used safely and responsibly by regular citizens. Even if you are a regular person who owns a gun legally, I've always imagined some child blowing their head off by accident. It's just a fear of mine. Not so much these days.

There are a  lot of hunters in the North. 

And noone should own a gun if they afraid of them or if they are worried about their kids killing themselves with them. Because owners should train how to handle a gun, and properly keep them safely stored. 

I think it's a valid thing for someone to say, I'm afraid I might make a poor decision in using it if I am under pressure, so I don't want one. Or, maybe you just never want to carry but keep it for leisure, target shooting and the like and keep it locked up safely at all times otherwise. 

One thing I wouldn't mind picking up as a hobby is archery. I bet that could be pretty cool.

We had gun safety courses in school when I was in Jr. High.  You learned how to handle, clean, and care for guns.  I brought my 12 gauge to school in 7th grade and made a simple duck plug for it.  In high school our basketball coach would allow us to pheasant hunt after school until sundown.  Our shotguns and shells were in our locker. We'd grab them, go hunt, come back at sundown and throw our birds and guns back in our lockers and hold practice.  When you grow up around guns, and are taught the dangers of, and how to handle them properly, you respect them and your privilege to own them.   I vividly remember when mom and dad were gone going into their bedroom and opening their night stand drawer just to gaze upon and hold my dads 357 magnum.   It was loaded.  I would pick it up, admire it, clean it off, then put it away.  

6 minutes ago, remote controller said:

We had gun safety courses in school when I was in Jr. High.  You learned how to handle, clean, and care for guns.  I brought my 12 gauge to school in 7th grade and made a simple duck plug for it.  In high school our basketball coach would allow us to pheasant hunt after school until sundown.  Our shotguns and shells were in our locker. We'd grab them, go hunt, come back at sundown and throw our birds and guns back in our lockers and hold practice.  When you grow up around guns, and are taught the dangers of, and how to handle them properly, you respect them and your privilege to own them.   I vividly remember when mom and dad were gone going into their bedroom and opening their night stand drawer just to gaze upon and hold my dads 357 magnum.   It was loaded.  I would pick it up, admire it, clean it off, then put it away.  

Really? But what section of the United States did you live? The Midwest?

Just now, remote controller said:

yes, Iowa

See...

In Newark, NJ no one owned a gun except the police officer or criminal.

7 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Decatur sounds like a much safer place.

I live in North Decatur and it's very safe (near the CDC and Emory University)

Democrats don’t seem to trust poor blacks with guns. It is something that we have seen since at least the end of the Civil War. Yet, it is poor blacks, who are the most likely victims of violent crime who would benefit the most from being able to defend themselves.

The people who are the most likely victims of crime are the very ones who benefit the most from being able to defend themselves. While gun control may stop some criminals from getting guns, it is the most law-abiding who obey the law and are disarmed.

I've been taught the wrong thing. Guns are not bad, people are bad and I need a gun to protect me from the bad people. I don't need the police to protect me from the bad people. I can protect myself.

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

I've been taught the wrong thing. Guns are not bad, people are bad and I need a gun to protect me from the bad people. I don't need the police to protect me from the bad people. I can protect myself.

Remeber, police usually get to crime scenes after the crime is over. And it's not about everyone must have one, it's about your option to have one.

48 minutes ago, sderk said:

There are a  lot of hunters in the North. 

And noone should own a gun if they afraid of them or if they are worried about their kids killing themselves with them. Because owners should train how to handle a gun, and properly keep them safely stored. 

I think it's a valid thing for someone to say, I'm afraid I might make a poor decision in using it if I am under pressure, so I don't want one. Or, maybe you just never want to carry but keep it for leisure, target shooting and the like and keep it locked up safely at all times otherwise. 

One thing I wouldn't mind picking up as a hobby is archery. I bet that could be pretty cool.

Basically, any rural place in the nation has a decent amount of hunters and guns.  It's one of the reasons why people live where they do.  A lot of people like Peenie think of rednecks when they think of the south but there are rednecks everywhere.  There is no shortage of them here in Iowa and the surrounding states.

7 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I would but I lost them all in a tragic boating accident last summer. Every last one of them. Sad.

what's your arfcom username?

I own a few firearms.  What would you like to know?

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

not trying to be a d1ck, and maybe you guys do actually know, but you should as a responsible gun owner know EXACTLY how many firearms you possess 

Why

16 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Because you should be accountable for every firearm you own and show be responsible if one is missing

Unless my safe grew legs and walked off I'm good. You're virtue signaling. Stop it  

M&P Shield 9mm. I use it for conceal carry and home defense. I haven't been to the range in months. It's not cheap to go shooting. $50 easy every time. They just came out with the EZ in 9mm

10 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

M&P Shield 9mm. I use it for conceal carry and home defense. I haven't been to the range in months. It's not cheap to go shooting. $50 easy every time. They just came out with the EZ in 9mm

Check PSA for daily deals. 1K rounds for 150ish shipped. 

10 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Check PSA for daily deals. 1K rounds for 150ish shipped. 

The ranges by me state I need to use their ammo. 

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The ranges by me state I need to use their ammo. 

Ewe. What state? Any public land to go to? I'm in AZ so I'm spoiled 

8 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Ewe. What state? Any public land to go to? I'm in AZ so I'm spoiled 

IL. I haven't looked into public land to shoot on

33 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Was looking at the shield when I went and got my XDS. Fired a few rounds with the shield and the XDS. Liked the XDS better and it was only a little more than the shield. They were doing a $199 special on the shields which was what brought me in.  Place where I go let’s you try before you buy. $5 (or $10 can’t remember now) for 5 rounds. Will be going back for my next purchase. Looking at maybe an M4 or M16. Used the M16 quite a bit back when I was still in the military but I like the shorter barrel of the M4. Honestly, I’m just torn on the rifle I want which is why I like the try before you buy the place down here does 

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

IL. I haven't looked into public land to shoot on

Build your own target stand out of 4 inch pvc, don't glue it and you can disassemble to fit anywhere . Wood 2x2's stuck in the pvc to tac your backing to. I get the backing from a craft store. Tape targets up and blast away. Bring sandbags to throw on the base if it's windy 

4 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Was looking at the shield when I went and got my XDS. Fired a few rounds with the shield and the XDS. Liked the XDS better and it was only a little more than the shield. They were doing a $199 special on the shields which was what brought me in.  Place where I go let’s you try before you buy. $5 (or $10 can’t remember now) for 5 rounds. Will be going back for my next purchase. Looking at maybe an M4 or M16. Used the M16 quite a bit back when I was still in the military but I like the shorter barrel of the M4. Honestly, I’m just torn on the rifle I want which is why I like the try before you buy the place down here does 

Do you know what an M16 costs and the stamps necessary to get one ?

14 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Do you know what an M16 costs and the stamps necessary to get one ?

Nope. I just saw they had them there along with others and I’ve been wanting a good rifle 

18 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Nope. I just saw they had them there along with others and I’ve been wanting a good rifle 

Hope you have around 15k to drop 

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Hope you have around 15k to drop 

Noooo it’s not that expensive. They had them for like $800-$1200 range. I’m just not sure the exact number cause I looked at so many different guns while I was there 

9mm Smith & Wesson -  My first gun - wife (from gun-toting Alabama) bought it as a Christmas gift 10 years ago.  "Do you like it?"  "Uh yeah, but a gun for Christmas?"  ....  I actually hate it - takes 8lbs of pressure to pull trigger, which makes it hard to hold steady. I couldn't hit a barn with it.

.22 Rough Rider revolver - Wife's father (Alabama again) bought it as a Christmas gift 5 years ago. LOVE IT!  Single-action (have to pull hammer back each time). Looks like something out of the old west... though only a .22.

.22 Phoenix Arms -  Fun little semi-auto that only costs $125.  Fun shooting.

Used to keep them in the my house, but was worried they'd get stolen or kid / kid's friend might find them. So I took them up to my parents house 100 miles away - the only place I ever shot them anyway.  They're exclusively used to put holes in pieces of paper. In spite of my gun ownership, I actually support TOTAL gun control.

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

9mm Smith & Wesson -  My first gun - wife (from gun-toting Alabama) bought it as a Christmas gift 10 years ago.  "Do you like it?"  "Uh yeah, but a gun for Christmas?"  ....  I actually hate it - takes 8lbs of pressure to pull trigger, which makes it hard to hold steady. I couldn't hit a barn with it.

.22 Rough Rider revolver - Wife's father (Alabama again) bought it as a Christmas gift 5 years ago. LOVE IT!  Single-action (have to pull hammer back each time). Looks like something out of the old west... though only a .22.

.22 Phoenix Arms -  Fun little semi-auto that only costs $125.  Fun shooting.

Used to keep them in the my house, but was worried they'd get stolen or kid / kid's friend might find them. So I took them up to my parents house 100 miles away - the only place I ever shot them anyway.  They're exclusively used to put holes in pieces of paper. In spite of my gun ownership, I actually support TOTAL gun control.

Lucky. No one I know would ever buy a gun for a Christmas gift. Hell I would love a Texas ranger rifle or six shooter with ammo belt and holster. Saw quite a few at the gun shows in San Antonio. Should’ve bought one when I was there. Might make a trip down there to on and get it one of them for my dad since he loves westerns

2 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

😂 Not an M16😂

Bruh M16s aren’t expensive. That’s what we used in the military. Had your semi-auto and 3 rd burst. They aren’t expensive at all. 

https://www.quora.com/How-much-is-an-M16-rifle-in-the-USA

next time I go I’ll snap a photo of the rifle I’m talking about. It’s the exact one I used in the military. Now, after reading up I’m not sure if this mfer is actually an “m16” or it’s branded differently. But  this is the exact rifle I’m talking about. It’s not $15K. Me and you might be thinking of different rifles 

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/dw/image/v2/BDCK_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-ctd-master-catalog/default/dw3ab89dff/large/7-g36320.jpg?sw=800&sh=800

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Bruh M16s aren’t expensive. That’s what we used in the military. Had your semi-auto and 3 rd burst. They aren’t expensive at all. What kind are you buying? Ones made of gold? 🤣

This kid....

This was the other one I was looking at getting. Was thinking of either this green, the tan, or gray color. Would rather have it with some color than it be all black. Some guns I like all black while others I’d rather have with a little color to them. Gonna try the M4 out when I go back. Possibly this weekend 

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa15-16-nitride-m4-carbine-556-nato-moe-ar15-rifle-od-green.html

this is another I was looking at but I dunno if I wanna drop that much on a rifle before getting one of the two I listed above. Haven’t ever fired a SCAR before so ima see if they have the option to try it as well. Really, if you just wanna go and fire different guns without having to buy it this place is perfect for it. Pretty much why I’ve bought 2 guns from them already lol 

https://palmettostatearmory.com/fn-rifle-scar-20s-fde-7-62x51mm-10rd-20-38996.html

8 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Bruh M16s aren’t expensive. That’s what we used in the military. Had your semi-auto and 3 rd burst. They aren’t expensive at all.

He's right. If you want an actual M16 it'll cost you at least $10 Grand for the federal tax stamp. Plus the background check, which is more intrusive/in depth than a standard BGC. Plus the cost of the rifle. You're looking at $12-15K easy.

Now, if you're talking an AR-15, yeah, those are fairly inexpensive depending on make, model and any additional furniture. 

But contrary to what the anti-gunners would have you believe, an AR-15 is not an M-16. You can tell by the selector switch only having two positions. 

9 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

next time I go I’ll snap a photo of the rifle I’m talking about. It’s the exact one I used in the military. Now, after reading up I’m not sure if this mfer is actually an “m16” or it’s branded differently. But  this is the exact rifle I’m talking about. It’s not $15K. Me and you might be thinking of different rifles 

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/dw/image/v2/BDCK_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-ctd-master-catalog/default/dw3ab89dff/large/7-g36320.jpg?sw=800&sh=800

Just eat this one my man. Stop