Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Who else would love to see Brady play elsewhere???

Lions is a good ideal Ray. 

Don’t forget who the Lions coach is.  

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yes, former pats DC and assistant coach.

but benching a guy like Matt Stafford when hes still in his prime (32 years old) likely isnt a move any smart GM will allow to happen.   even if its for a 43 year old Tom Brady.

I could see denver doing it though.  and they have a young TE who is coming into his own.

51 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I could see denver doing it though.

Zero chance of Denver benching Drew Lock, with whom they went 4-1 to end the season, including a win over Houston (losing only to the Chiefs) in favor of a has-been QB trying to milk another year or two out of his career.

Zero.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Yes, former pats DC and assistant coach.

but benching a guy like Matt Stafford when hes still in his prime (32 years old) likely isnt a move any smart GM will allow to happen.   even if its for a 43 year old Tom Brady.

I could see denver doing it though.  and they have a young TE who is coming into his own.

Lions have a good te also.  

Maybe, but based on it’s Brady they might.  

Like the poster above said, hard to see the Broncos bring in a 43 year old Qb, I think they well roll with Lock. 

As for me, I think it’s either the Chargers who do have a good te, or Panthers  who have Mccaffery , speaking of Brady.  

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

Lions aren't an option.  Stafford has too much money left on his contract.  The dead money is something like $60M.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Lions aren't an option.  Stafford has too much money left on his contract.  The dead money is something like $60M.

Yeap maybe they aren’t a option, but I still think it could be a good move. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yeap maybe they aren’t a option, but I still think it could be a good move. 

Might be able to find a trade partner?  Though, the return will probably be lower than normal because the buyers know you need to unload him.

Well if the lions do want him, I’m sure they’ll figure it out.  

But I’m thinking Panthers or Chargers.  

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Well if the lions do want him, I’m sure they’ll figure it out.  

But I’m thinking Panthers or Chargers.  

Panthers is definitely possible.  Not so sure about the Chargers.

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Panthers is definitely possible.  Not so sure about the Chargers.

Chargers need a QB, but if you are brady, do you go to a team that has an O line that is subpar?   

Dude will be 43 before this season begins.   he cant take too many hits.  If I were in his position this would be a large factor in deciding whether to sign somewhere else.

It seems the prevailing sentiment is that Brady needs weapons.  

That doesn't add up to me.  Brady is widely considered the greatest quarterback of all time.  If that's the case, he should be elevating his wife receivers, and not begging for wide receivers to elevate him.

You can't have it both ways.  He's either the GOAT or he needs pro bowlers to be effective.

12 hours ago, nobody said:

That doesn't add up to me.  Brady is widely considered the greatest quarterback of all time.  If that's the case, he should be elevating his wife receivers, and not begging for wide receivers to elevate him.

You can't have it both ways.  He's either the GOAT or he needs pro bowlers to be effective.

EVERY QB needs weapons.

12 hours ago, nobody said:

that's a pretty shallow take. 

a QB can't run the route or catch the ball for anyone. football is a game of matchups.  if a WR can't gain separation, can't read zones, or can't come down with 50/50 balls, nothing any QB does is going to matter.

The Tebow lovers said he needed weapons when he had prime Demaryious Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, and Julian Thomas.  Peyton Manning showed up the following year and threw 55 TDs.

My point is that there's no such thing as part time greatest.  You either elevate your squad or you don't.  Any QB in the league can throw to open guys and guys who will come down with contested catches.  If you're supposedly the GOAT, make them look better than they are.

Carson Wentz was putting up numbers last year with guys they found on the street.

That was the GOAT season I've ever seen from a 42 yr old QB. Has there been a better one I missed?

Actually P Manning first season he threw for 37 tds, and then 55 and then 39.  

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Peyton Manning retired at 39. Brady just finished his age 42 season. Thanks for the reply always such a pleasure...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

My post wasn’t a reply to your post about Brady’s age.  

Opps hold on here, where in that post did I say Manning was 42 years old.  

Now let’s dummy up a little and not be so vain, first of all look up to the last post that the poster known as nobody made, about P Manning taking over for Tebow and coming in the very next season and tossing 55 tds.  

I was just setting the facts straight, he posted 37 his first year with the Broncos , 55tds was his second. 

Now im sure you forgot that P Manning played for the Broncos. 

Now that was a reply to your post mr jrokh. Lol. 

Always a pleasure to watch you defend your post.  Lol

On 2/14/2020 at 11:56 PM, nobody said:

well, he threw for over 4000 yards with a group of wr many consider to be subpar.   he didnt do THAT badly.

someone earlier said:

Carson Wentz was putting up numbers last year with guys they found on the street.

and fair enough.  so was Phil rivers for a time.

these are guys you look at and you think Perhaps if they had some talent to work with, or a halfway decent O line, these guys could have been great. 

for Wentz there is still time to turn this around.   Rivers..... I guess it depends where he lands.....

Rodgers and Brady and Rivers all avg 20 points per game in ff last season.  

I think Brady is doing just fine.  

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Rodgers and Brady and Rivers all avg 20 points per game in ff last season.  

I think Brady is doing just fine.  

Thanks. 

he is.   people are just angry that he's not putting up the  same numbers he did a few years ago.

the reality is... I dont know that anyone can expect someone to put up those numbers consistently over a career.

There are always ups and downs.   and being a good QB is different than being a good fantasy QB.

At the end of the day, the Pats had a successful season.   but they've been so good for so long, people see this and wanna Pick at something.  Most teams would love to have the kind of season that Brady and the Pats had.   If this is a down Year, why not hang on to see if you can get another good year?

While I agree, hes on the downside, my biggest worry is  that at his age, he could have a really nasty injury to finish his career.   I Personally dont wanna see it end that way.  Nor do I wanna see the wheels fall off halfway through the year.  I'd like to see him go out on  his own terms.

If Brady resigns to play another season, that would indeed me on his own terms.  

He diffently doesn’t need the money.  

On 2/17/2020 at 7:52 AM, weepaws said:

If Brady resigns to play another season, that would indeed me on his own terms.  

He diffently doesn’t need the money.  

if he does, hes probably a bankruptcy waiting to happen.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:47 AM, Ray_T said:

Chargers need a QB, but if you are brady, do you go to a team that has an O line that is subpar?   

Dude will be 43 before this season begins.   he cant take too many hits.  If I were in his position this would be a large factor in deciding whether to sign somewhere else.

I've always said that Rivers is as good a QB as Brady-wouldn't it be interesting and telling if Brady signed with Chargers and Rivers with NE?

And even better, if Brady goes to the Chargers and wins another super bowl. 

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

That won't happen in LA.  They don't have the talent.  Offensively-wise, the talent on the Chargers is worse than in NE.  If Brady struggled in NE, the Chargers with a lesser defense and coaching, Brady will likely have his first losing season.

I would disagree , I think the Chargers have better talent on offense then the Pats did last season   

If they keep Henry and Gordon with Ekeler and Allen and M Williams   

Oh yeah much better offense talent then he played with last season with the Pats   

I think if Brady goes to the Chargers, I’m taking the other side , they make the playoffs   

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I would disagree , I think the Chargers have better talent on offense then the Pats did last season   

If they keep Henry and Gordon with Ekeler and Allen and M Williams   

Oh yeah much better offense talent then he played with last season with the Pats   

I think if Brady goes to the Chargers, I’m taking the other side , they make the playoffs   

Gordon and Henry are gone, I think we can bank on that.  Gordon turned down $10M, the Chargers are not going to give him more than that.  Henry is hurt every year.  If they give him any kind of money, it's flushing it down the toilet.  Even if they do bring him back, he'll get hurt again, so I wouldn't even count him in that scenario.

Williams is better than any #2 WR NE has, but that can easily be taken care of... but even still, the NE backfield is significantly better than the Chargers as well as their offensive line.

Disagree.  

You were comparing the Chargers to last seasons Pats.  

Henry we’ll resign , if they sign Brady, and he’s better then any te the Pats had last season.  And you must have forgotten he was the 8th highest scoring te last season in non ppr even though he played on just 12 games, he’ll be a super star with Brady , who loves his te.  

Allen is better then any wr the Pats rostered last season, and you already agree about M Williams. So the Chargers have two WRs better then any wr Brady played with last season.  

Even of Gordon doesn’t stay, Ekeler is better then any rb the Pats currently have, or in this case had last season. 

And it’s not a given Gordon won’t return if they pick up Brady   

So I don’t think your right.  

Thanks for the return, always appreciate it  

And let’s all remember, I must be deleted  

Seen some reports that the Bears might have some interest in picking up Dalton.  

Now that would be a good move for the Bears, that’s their weakness on offense right now. 

Dalton would be a quick upgrade.  

On 2/27/2020 at 4:47 PM, weepaws said:

with a poor O line, I dont know that Brady will be winning much of anything with the Chargers.   He likely also knows this.

Brady wants to win more than he wants money.    he will stand pat in NE or pick a place that maximizes his chances of another Superbowl. 

LA is not that place.   Not unless they can get that O line up to a level even remotely comparable to what they have in New England.

I could see him going to Tampa.  Line there is solid, they have some good coaches there as well.   But I'd be surprised as hell if he went to the Chargers.

Now that would be very interesting, read that there is talk about Brady to the Niners.  

if that actually happened I'd be floored.   

the team brings in Brady's understudy, pays him a kings ransom and then dumps him to get Brady himself when he hits free agency in a year where he turns 43 before the season even begins.

it would make one hell of a story if it actually happened.

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

if that actually happened I'd be floored.   

the team brings in Brady's understudy, pays him a kings ransom and then dumps him to get Brady himself when he hits free agency in a year where he turns 43 before the season even begins.

it would make one hell of a story if it actually happened.

So would I.  I can't really imagine a scenario where John Lynch would take that route.

29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So would I.  I can't really imagine a scenario where John Lynch would take that route.

if he actually thought the addition of Brady would win him a championship, I'd guess he'd think about it.   but then hes in a position where he needs to dump a very large contract.  

an even better story is if this happens and then San Fran sends garoppolo back to New England for a first round pick and the pats pickup where they left off.

Report from the Boston Herald that Belichick and Brady spoke today and "it didn't go well". 

Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have finally spoken.

The two connected by phone Tuesday, and their conversation about Brady’s pending free agency “didn’t go well,” per a source.

It was the first time Belichick had contacted Brady about his contract situation, and the Patriots’ plans going forward. The source wouldn’t shed further light on the discussion, or the particulars, other than noting it wasn’t all that fruitful.

While the contract talks appear to be off to a rocky start, it doesn’t necessarily preclude the team from signing its six-time Super Bowl winner.

44 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

if he actually thought the addition of Brady would win him a championship, I'd guess he'd think about it.   but then hes in a position where he needs to dump a very large contract.  

an even better story is if this happens and then San Fran sends garoppolo back to New England for a first round pick and the pats pickup where they left off.

He had a QB that just got him to the Super Bowl.  Lynch knows what it's like to have a QB who can't get them there... and he's got one who can.  He's got one who can be there for 10 more years.  He's not going to go "All-in" on a guy with 2 to 3 years left.... especially since the money to bring Brady in will be higher over the next 3 years than what they're paying Garoppolo.  Jimmy G is set to may $80.5M over the next 3 years with pennies in dead cap money after each season.  To get Brady, they're likely to have to hand out a 3 year $90M+ deal with virtually all of it guaranteed.  On top of that, I see no way that Garoppolo's price tag (in trade value), is just a single first round pick at the back end of the draft.  By most standards, Garoppolo is considered a "Franchise QB", that cost is 2 first round picks... Lynch is just going to gift wrap a discount to the Patriots?  I don't think so.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He had a QB that just got him to the Super Bowl.  Lynch knows what it's like to have a QB who can't get them there... and he's got one who can.  He's got one who can be there for 10 more years.  He's not going to go "All-in" on a guy with 2 to 3 years left.... especially since the money to bring Brady in will be higher over the next 3 years than what they're paying Garoppolo.  Jimmy G is set to may $80.5M over the next 3 years with pennies in dead cap money after each season.  To get Brady, they're likely to have to hand out a 3 year $90M+ deal with virtually all of it guaranteed.  On top of that, I see no way that Garoppolo's price tag (in trade value), is just a single first round pick at the back end of the draft.  By most standards, Garoppolo is considered a "Franchise QB", that cost is 2 first round picks... Lynch is just going to gift wrap a discount to the Patriots?  I don't think so.

well, a surefire franchise QB is worth 2 first  round picks, but hes also not dealing from a position of strength.    in this scenario, he needs to dump a very large contract and  everyone knows it.   so this will affect the compensation.

We are also looking at a QB who may not actually  be a surefire franchise qb.    he was injured nearly all of last year and this year he threw for 4000 yards, 27 TD and 13 INT.   good stats for the first full year starting, but  not spectacular.

in the playoffs  he threw for 131, 77, ans 219 yards respectively and INT's outnumbered the TDs.

that being said, the playoffs are a higher level of play than the regular season, just like the regular season is better than the pre  season.

I"m  not saying hes not a franchise qb, but it sure looks like he was not the main reason they made the superbowl.    That would be the killer defense and the fantastic ground game.

I'll give  him credit for doing a fair job managing the games, but to be a true franchise Qb, you expect a little bit more.

I am saying theres enough unknowns with him that I dont know that he should go for 2 firsts.  Especially with the large contract he has.

I'd expect him to go for a first and a second at most.

Maybe we can agree to disagree on this.   likely we will  never find out.  If I was the San Fran GM I'd be inclined to hang onto him to see if he grows as a player and as a leader in the coming years.   if he improves, he can still be that franchise QB.  I just dont think hes quite there yet.

Jimmy G wasn’t the reason that the Niners made the Super Bowl. 

Def and a running game. 

Also didn’t Jimmy G choke in the second half of the Super Bowl? 

If they had Brady they would have won that Super Bowl Mark it down. 

And I would like to shout out a hello to my buddy the seafoam. Lol. 

Thanks.