Vikings4ever

RIP Neil Peart

This one really hurts.  First concert I took my kids to was Rush at The Gorge Amphitheatre. Absolutely phenomenal venue.  As a family we've seen them 3 more times together since then. 

Edit: I still remember my 8 yo daughter standing on her chair belting out Free Will at the top of her lungs.  Folks around me kept giving me a thumbs up. 

I remember that one summer when I was trying to catch Spirit of Radio when the radio station played it and hit the record and play button in time to get it from the beginning.  Never did. RIP. One of the best.  

Neil Peart is dead yet Justin Bieber still lives.  God is an azzhole sometimes. 

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

Neil Peart is dead yet Justin Bieber still lives.  God is an azzhole sometimes. 

In God's defense, you don't think there were a lot of 40 year olds who had feeling towards Peart that are similar to the one's we have of Bieber today?

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In God's defense, you don't think there were a lot of 40 year olds who had feeling towards Peart that are similar to the one's we have of Bieber today?

Even folks that hate RUSH have to admire their musical talent.  That argument doesn't hold water when speaking of Bieber.  

Edit: in case you didn't pick up on it, I chose Bieber because he's also Canadian 

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

Even folks that hate RUSH have to admire their talent.  That argument doesn't hold water when speaking of Bieber.  

Particularly Peart's talent.  Personally I was a huge Rush fan growing up but even if you don't/didn't like them (particularly Lee's vocals), there is no denying the impact Peart had on percussion for rock music.  :thumbsup:

After his audition for Rush he walked out thinking he wasn't good enough. And the others stood there thinking they weren't good enough. Best ever, IMO.

23 minutes ago, DonS said:

Even folks that hate RUSH have to admire their musical talent.  That argument doesn't hold water when speaking of Bieber.  

Edit: in case you didn't pick up on it, I chose Bieber because he's also Canadian 

I think you're being to short-sighted.  A lot of people don't like the younger generations.  Everyone is biased to their own era.  When Peart was popular, people who were in their 40's and older were of the 40's, 50's, and 60's generation where Peart's genre of music was drastically different.  When I was 12, I remember listening to a Pearl Jam song and my dad who was 42 said "What the hell is that garbage".

LOL, didn't even know he was a Canadian.

Just now, Herbivore said:

bummer..glad I finally saw them on their last tour

That show was awesome the way they worked backwards until all they had left was a small drum kit and a few amps.  :thumbsup:

We saw them a couple of tours ago.  Only concert, other than local bar, where the band played for 90 minutes, took an intermission, and then played for another 90 minutes.  No opening band.  Just straight RUSH. 

NOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!! 😱😭

I’m playing YYZ on a loop. Not really a Rush fan but enjoy this musical treat. 

23 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

NOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!! 😱😭

Was he even on your list of rockers who are due to start dropping? :(

21 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Was he even on your list of rockers who are due to start dropping? :(

Yes, we all are

I knew that they retired basically because of Neil, but I was unaware of any cancer. 

10 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Yes, we all are

I knew that they retired basically because of Neil, but I was unaware of any cancer. 

Sounds like he kept it under wraps and was battling it for 3 yrs or so. 

RIP Neal.

Big Rush fan on this end of the computer screen.

I don't understand why nor like hearing his names tied in to Justin Bieber. Did they perform together?

33 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

RIP Neal.

Big Rush fan on this end of the computer screen.

I don't understand why nor like hearing his names tied in to Justin Bieber. Did they perform together?

Fock no.  I just brought up Bieber as the other end of the Canadian talent spectrum. 

3 hours ago, DonS said:

That show was awesome the way they worked backwards until all they had left was a small drum kit and a few amps.  :thumbsup:

that was cool.  admittedly didn't know the newer stuff but it was awesome live.  Working Man to close was sick.

5 hours ago, DonS said:

I chose Bieber because he's also Canadian 

You're a Snow Mexican? Delete my d!ck pics I sent eh.