Vikings4ever

RIP Neil Peart

Cool.  Watching MIN/SF game and they just played a bit of Limelight as they went to commercial. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Cool.  Watching MIN/SF game and they just played a bit of Limelight as they went to commercial. :thumbsup:

Noticed that too!  :cheers:

anybody heard from Alex or Geddy yet? 

8 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

anybody heard from Alex or Geddy yet? 

Yes. They said if you choose not to decide 
You still have made a choice

• Haha 1

For me, aside from perhaps Bonham , this man was the top, the pinnacle, when I listened to rush songs, I was listening as much to his playing as anything else, like I would focus on it....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RLLD said:

For me, aside from perhaps Bonham , this man was the top, the pinnacle, when I listened to rush songs, I was listening as much to his playing as anything else, like I would focus on it....

Indeed, there are very few drummers that I'll do the same thing with.  Mike Portnoy and Danny Carey are others that come to mind. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DonS said:

Indeed, there are very few drummers that I'll do the same thing with.  Mike Portnoy and Danny Carey are others that come to mind. 

Ok, I can get with that, listening to him was like...ok, we know he is going to fill the entire song with something, what’s it going to be, and how is he going to make it seems like it always belonged there 

he seemed to not tolerate idle time , wanted every moment of a song to be “full”, and it was almost Luke a game for him, he was like a kid just having fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

This, Keith moon the same, always filling that sh!t with crazy rolls that somehow fit perfect. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Ok, I can get with that, listening to him was like...ok, we know he is going to fill the entire song with something, what’s it going to be, and how is he going to make it seems like it always belonged there 

he seemed to not tolerate idle time , wanted every moment of a song to be “full”, and it was almost Luke a game for him, he was like a kid just having fun

Have you watched the documentary "Beyond The Lighted Stage"?  There was a segment where they covered how even after showing the world his greatness he STILL wanted to improve and took drum lessons from Freddy Gruber(?). (not sure if I'm remembering the teachers name correctly) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

This, Keith moon the same, always filling that sh!t with crazy rolls that somehow fit perfect. 

good call there...cool that they were playing limelight and tom sawyer at the breaks

Justin Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter. Born in 1994 in Stratford, Ontario, Canada, to a single mother, Bieber took second place in a local talent competition at a young age. After his mother posted YouTube clips of her boy performing, Bieber went from an unknown, untrained singer to a budding superstar with a big-time record deal with Usher within two years. Bieber went on to become the first solo artist to have four singles enter the Top 40 before the release of a debut album. His 2009 album My World has gone platinum in several countries. He later experienced significant media exposure from offensive activity. Nonetheless, the singer made his comeback in 2015 with his first number one song, "What Do You Mean?" His 2017 collaboration with Luis Fonsi, “Despacito,” broke the all-time record for most consecutive weeks at the number one spot on the Top 100.

https://www.biography.com/musician/justin-bieber

He was no Lars Ulrich, I can say that much

Growing up everyone said... “Neal Pert is the greatest drummer ever!”

Whatever... just sounded like drums to me. Who hears talent in drums? But even if he really was so great... who cares? Drummers are replaceable and nobody even notices. “I went to a Rush concert, but Neal Pert wasn’t there so it sucked.” says absolutely nobody. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Whatever... just sounded like drums to me. Who hears talent in drums? But even if he really was so great... who cares? Drummers are replaceable and nobody even notices. “I went to a Rush concert, but Neal Pert wasn’t there so it sucked.” says absolutely nobody. 

I basically feel the same about drummers, but that in no way applies to Neil or Rush

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Even if what you say is true, Neil was also the lyricist for the band.  RUSH could have found another drummer and maybe he'd be as good as Neil was on drums.  I find that highly unlikely considering how other drummers talk about Neil but whatever.  Their songs would never have been the same without Neil. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Travis Barker is better

Good joke, but I think this belongs in the Friday Laughs thread. 

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Travis Barker is better

Mickey Dolenz too!!! 

26 minutes ago, DonS said:

Good joke, but I think this belongs in the Friday Laughs thread. 

vs

Barker wins

• Haha 2

On 1/16/2020 at 12:20 AM, GobbleDog said:

Nobody says wow that 2 lbs small mouth was so much better than my 2 lbs small mouth.... 

Your senses are dulled by your dull senses.