Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Spicy beer

Anyone here had any spicy beers? They’ve been growing on me and I keep trying the hotter ones. Had one recently with Trinidad scorpion peppers that was phenomenal but can’t get it down here in Charleston. Looking to find others that are more mainstream I can potentially buy 

Ballast Point has a Habenero Sculpin IPA that might be available in your area. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Ballast Point has a Habenero Sculpin IPA that might be available in your area. 

Had that when I went to my buddy’s wedding in San Diego. Wasn’t that bad. Can only find the regular sculpin or the grapefruit one 

2 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Try the M16 lager. 

Ha! 

I love spicy food and i love craft beer, but this is a fad.

I had a spicy beer a few weeks ago and it was awful.

Have not had it and don’t think I want to. Love spicy food but not drinks unless it’s a Bloody Mary. Wife loves spicy margaritas though.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

I love spicy food and i love craft beer, but this is a fad.

I had a spicy beer a few weeks ago and it was awful.

I’ve had some bad ones but then I’ve had some good ones. Same with all beers. Had some that taste like straight up cologne. You just gotta find an actual good one 

Westbrook Mexican cake

Our local brewery called North brewery has one called god complex that won best stout in Ny

I identify as a man, and my pronouns are Mr. or Sir.  I drink regular beer. 

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so you drink piss

You drink perfume with a stupid label. 

Not my thing, but good as a base for certain soups or batter for fish tacos.

51 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You drink perfume with a stupid label. 

you mean people like things that taste different, omg we should only have Budweiser and you are only allowed to eat hot dogs for the rest of your life

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

you mean people like things that taste different, omg we should only have Budweiser and you are only allowed to eat hot dogs for the rest of your life

Real men drink horse piss and brag about it to other men online. Prob got some steel reserve in the fridge 😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

It's so obvious this small batch and IPA thing is marketing. Same as vodka. But hey, have fun I guess. And Bud isn't the only option. There are many various mass produced swill beers to choose from. 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Real men drink horse piss and brag about it to other men online. Prob got some steel reserve in the fridge 😂😂😂

Real men know the difference between an ar-15 and an m-16. Real military men anyway. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's so obvious this small batch and IPA thing is marketing. Same as vodka. But hey, have fun I guess. And Bud isn't the only option. There are many various mass produced swill beers to choose from. 

its not a marketing thing its a palette thing, just like wines, beer has finally expanded, although, I know you just like to be contrary to everything

I like lots of different types of beers depending what I am eating, sorry you cant be bothered to expand your horizons

• Thanks 2

Marketing, huh? I think budweiser does just a weeeee bit more in that dept.  Look at my funny king and knight!   And we're made with rice!!!!!   Ooooh, and now we make Bud Lite Seltzer, too!!!! Or Bud Lite Ritas!!!!  

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its not a marketing thing its a palette thing, just like wines, beer has finally expanded, although, I know you just like to be contrary to everything

I like lots of different types of beers depending what I am eating, sorry you cant be bothered to expand your horizons

You’re talking to a guy who bragged about using freaking baking soda for toothpaste and deodorant. I don’t think he’s gonna get it. His online persona tries to convey anything that makes him seem manly. He tries too hard and fails. 

fact is beer is delicious when it’s something other than a watered down $12 for a 24 pack of beer 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

You’re talking to a guy who bragged about using freaking baking soda for toothpaste and deodorant. I don’t think he’s gonna get it. His online persona tries to convey anything that makes him seem manly. He tries too hard and fails. 

fact is beer is delicious when it’s something other than a watered down $12 for a 24 pack of beer 

yep, I know.

my motto is I dont buy beer that comes in anything larger than a 6 pack

exception is modelo during the summer when I drink cheladas every other day

Just now, DonS said:

Marketing, huh? I think budweiser does just a weeeee bit more in that dept.  Look at my funny king and knight!   And we're made with rice!!!!!   Ooooh, and now we make Bud Lite Seltzer, too!!!! Or Bud Lite Ritas!!!!  

Of course. But it's obvious. The IPA thing is just as marketed, but on a "I'm a dooshy smart guy who "found" this great beer with the cool label". 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

When did I do that? 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

yep, I know.

my motto is I dont buy beer that comes in anything larger than a 6 pack

exception is modelo during the summer when I drink cheladas every other day

I like Modelo. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Of course. But it's obvious. The IPA thing is just as marketed, but on a "I'm a dooshy smart guy who "found" this great beer with the cool label". 

Ketchup

its just tomatoes in a bottle

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Have you ever been to a craft brewery, or is that just a gimmick to you? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Ketchup

its just tomatoes in a bottle

"In the future everybody will have 15 minutes of fame. And their own brand of beer". 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

"In the future everybody will have 15 minutes of fame. And their own brand of beer". 

why dont you support AOC since you hate capitalism and freedom

Just now, DonS said:

Have you ever been to a craft brewery, or is that just a gimmick to you? 

Ive been. Didn't like trying 3 shite beers to find one that I liked. I'll take a cold domestic lager on tap most times. 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

why dont you support AOC since you hate capitalism and freedom

I'm not seeking to outlaw it. Im just making fun of it. Well, the dooshbags that are really into it.  I've had at least 34 types of beer. 

I use an app called Untapped. Let’s you see what others have said about the beer, rates them, has pictures of them, etc. Great app to use if you’re into beers. 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

I use an app called Untapped. Let’s you see what others have said about the beer, rates them, has pictures of them, etc. Great app to use if you’re into beers. 

To wit.....

Ive been. Didn't like trying 3 shite beers to find one that I liked. I'll take a cold domestic lager on tap most times. 

So it's not just IPAs you don't care for?  What about stouts or porters?  Belgians?  Saisons? 

Just now, DonS said:

So it's not just IPAs you don't care for?  What about stouts or porters?  Belgians?  Saisons? 

Too many for his brain to handle 😂

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

I've been around. Drank all over Europe and Asia. Some were good, some sucked. My favorite was Carling Black Label in England on tap. Simple but it was cold and delicious.  Liked Amstel in Amsterdam and San Miguel in the Phillipines. The Guinness brewery was great. Presidente in the DR was great too.  All mass produced. 

I've been around. Drank all over Europe and Asia. Some were good, some sucked. My favorite was Carling Black Label in England on tap. Simple but it was cold and delicious  Liked Amstel in Amsterdam and San Miguel in the Phillipines. The Guinness brewery was great. 

Sounds like aside from Guinness you stick with lagers then? To each their own. Don't understand why you get so fired up over people liking IPAs or more variety, though. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Sounds like aside from Guinness you stick with lagers then? To each their own. Don't understand why you get so fired up over people liking IPAs or more variety, though. :dunno:

He’s an angry elf