Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Spicy beer

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Sounds like aside from Guinness you stick with lagers then? To each their own. Don't understand why you get so fired up over people liking IPAs or more variety, though. :dunno:

lol. Im not fired up man. I might go to a bar 10-15 times a year at this point. Just breaking balls, having fun. I laugh at guys like Digby34 who are trendy. Yeah, I like the lagers. But I think Presidente is a Pilsner? 

35 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Talk about a backfire lol 

Did your  M-16 ever backfire on you? Oh wait, that's impossible. 

This is one local brewery that we go to quite a bit and has a pretty decent spicy beer. 

https://frothybeard.com/beer/andale/

One I had in Asheville with the Trinidad scorpion peppers was focking phenomenal though and I need to go back and pick up a few of those 

5 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

Westbrook Mexican cake

Our local brewery called North brewery has one called god complex that won best stout in Ny

I’ve had the Mexican cake at Westbrook and it was damn good. Only had the 1 year aged though. You could get it aged in 2+ years though but I didn’t want to spend $55 on one bottle of beer 

10 years ago craft was trendy...today though it surely isn't.  While it's not taking down the big boys anytime soon, craft broke 13% of market share last year (if you said craft would ever break 10% just a few years ago you were considered crazy).  Craft retail is up to a 24% market share as well.  These numbers also happened when the overall beer market was down 1%.  

57 minutes ago, usurpers26 said:

10 years ago craft was trendy...today though it surely isn't.  While it's not taking down the big boys anytime soon, craft broke 13% of market share last year (if you said craft would ever break 10% just a few years ago you were considered crazy).  Craft retail is up to a 24% market share as well.  These numbers also happened when the overall beer market was down 1%.  

Do those numbers include beers from craft breweries which have been acquired by AB-InBev and other huge beer companies?  (Elysian, 10 Barrel, Goose Island, etc) 

1 hour ago, usurpers26 said:

My thing is I don’t really follow trends that much. Only if it’s something I like such as this. Wearing flat bill hats, skinny jeans, Apologizing for being white and a man, etc I don’t give AF about. Don’t like it. But beers, whiskeys, food? Oh yea. All those are evolving and I love it. Had a peanut butter whiskey in Nebraska that was surprisingly pretty damn good 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

My thing is I don’t really follow trends that much. Only if it’s something I like such as this. Wearing flat bill hats, skinny jeans, Apologizing for being white and a man, etc I don’t give AF about. Don’t like it. But beers, whiskeys, food? Oh yea. All those are evolving and I love it. Had a peanut butter whiskey in Nebraska that was surprisingly pretty damn good 

A friend the other night mentioned the PB whiskey. Sounds focking disgusting to me, but then again I'm also not a fan of cinnamon and other flavored whiskeys as I prefer single malt scotch neat. Flavored whiskey in a cocktail perhaps. 

16 minutes ago, DonS said:

Do those numbers include beers from craft breweries which have been acquired by AB-InBev and other huge beer companies?  (Elysian, 10 Barrel, Goose Island, etc) 

They do not - the craft/micro designation (where these numbers were pulled from) says:
Less than 25 percent of the craft brewery is owned or controlled (or equivalent economic interest) by a beverage alcohol industry member that is not itself a craft brewer.

16 hours ago, DonS said:

Marketing, huh? I think budweiser does just a weeeee bit more in that dept.  Look at my funny king and knight!   And we're made with rice!!!!!   Ooooh, and now we make Bud Lite Seltzer, too!!!! Or Bud Lite Ritas!!!!  

I don't think I like your tone.  :angry:

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

I don't think I like your tone.  :angry:

Have a Bud Lite Platinum and relax.  It's made for the night because it has a staggering 6% ABV.  Or perhaps a Bud Lite Lime. 

20 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

But beers, whiskeys, food? Oh yea. All those are evolving and I love it. 

This is exactly the point!  It isn't for everyone...but for those who really enjoy beer there hasn't been a better time to be alive  :cheers:

3 minutes ago, usurpers26 said:

They do not - the craft/micro designation (where these numbers were pulled from) says:
Less than 25 percent of the craft brewery is owned or controlled (or equivalent economic interest) by a beverage alcohol industry member that is not itself a craft brewer.

:cheers:

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Have a Bud Lite Platinum and relax.  It's made for the night because it has a staggering 6% ABV.  Or perhaps a Bud Lite Lime. 

They all make me money!  :banana:

25 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Screwball? 

My brother in law is the top promoter in socal for it

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

They all make me money!  :banana:

How so?  Good for you then! 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

I do like the Bud Lite king commercials, though.  Was watching Jack Ryan on prime and this one actor looked familiar. I all of a sudden realized it was the King! 

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm2139624/?ref_=m_ttfcd_cl3

You have to applaud the macro guys, their marketing is genius (and more times than not pretty funny).  The sheer scope of how much of the supply chain they control is mind boggling.  Their ability to put out a living product that has no perceptible variance at gargantuan volumes...yes, I am jealous.

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

How so?  Good for you then! 

I work in sales for a distributor. BL is obviously one of our top sellers.  

Just now, 5-Points said:

I work in sales for a distributor. BL is obviously one of our top sellers.  

Gotcha.  While I don't care for all the Bud Lite beer variations, obviously, it makes sense to call it Bud Lite <whatever>.  But hard seltzer and margaritas????  Wtf??? 

Just now, DonS said:

Gotcha.  While I don't care for all the Bud Lite beer variations, obviously, it makes sense to call it Bud Lite <whatever>.  But hard seltzer and margaritas????  Wtf??? 

College kids.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Women and College phags.  

FYP

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Everybody wants in on the White Claw craze. Corona will be next into the seltzer market. 

While I can't say the same for every flavor, and at risk of losing my man card, the Cran-ber-Rita's are rather tasty. :unsure:

Just now, 5-Points said:

Everybody wants in on the White Claw craze. Corona will be next into the seltzer market. 

While I can't say the same for every flavor, and at risk of losing my man card, the Cran-ber-Rita's are rather tasty. :unsure:

I 100% understand the current craze, it's just the labeling as "Bud Lite" that I find odd.  

20 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Screwball? 

My brother in law is the top promoter in socal for it

Yep. And that’s awesome man. I actually enjoyed it. Never saw it til we went to Hyvee. Ended up buying that along with a six pack of this beer called Snozzberry sour. Both ended up being good 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

so I was out cleaning out the garage (and I drink sparkling water alot like 3-4 a day) and I went in the fridge and my ex had left about a dozen of those things.

I drank like 4 before I was like wtf is with these

tasted good as a refreshing drink, didnt even realize it had alcohol in it

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Yep. And that’s awesome man. I actually enjoyed it. Never saw it til we went to Hyvee. Ended up buying that along with a six pack of this beer called Snozzberry sour. Both ended up being good 

I love a good sour, but my limit is about a half pint at a time

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Lol my wife LOVES the cran-ber-Rita’s. She also loved the pineapple-Rita’s but they don’t have those around anymore. Last time we found some was in key west. Happened to be stop at a small grocery for some water and she found two cases of it there and had to buy both cases lol 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so I was out cleaning out the garage (and I drink sparkling water alot like 3-4 a day) and I went in the fridge and my ex had left about a dozen of those things.

Did you wake up the next day to discover you now have a beautiful vagina that smells like a candle? 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I love a good sour, but my limit is about a half pint at a time

It depends on the sour for me. Wicked weed sours? Oh yea I can drink that sh1t all day. One I’m saving til cinco de Mayo is a tequila barrel aged smoked sour ale with grapefruit and lime zest. I’m excited to try this one 

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

I 100% understand the current craze, it's just the labeling as "Bud Lite" that I find odd.  

It's a well known brand. It convinces people to give it a try who might otherwise pass it up. "Oh, Bud Light makes a seltzer? I like BL. Maybe I'll give it a try."  

Natural Light did the same. No sense trying to launch a brand new brand when you already have one that's well known. Of course, that can backfire too if the product turns out to be sh!t. 

12 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

That 8% ABV can sneak up on you.  :lol:

We're they the little 8 oz cans or the 25 oz tall cans? 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

It's a well known brand. It convinces people to give it a try who might otherwise pass it up. "Oh, Bud Light makes a seltzer? I like BL. Maybe I'll give it a try."  

Natural Light did the same. No sense trying to launch a brand new brand when you already have one that's well known. Of course, that can backfire too if the product turns out to be sh!t. 

Yep, it does make sense from a name recognition stand point.  Just bugs me.  Of course I'm not the target audience so I can be a d1ck about it.  It's all good.

Reminds me of some of the previous fads that were short lived that every mass beer maker jumped on.  Ice beers, dry beers, etc. 

15 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Lol my wife LOVES the cran-ber-Rita’s. She also loved the pineapple-Rita’s but they don’t have those around anymore. Last time we found some was in key west. Happened to be stop at a small grocery for some water and she found two cases of it there and had to buy both cases lol 

They're seasonal. If she likes the Cran-ber-Ritas, tell her to stock up. They're going to be gone soon. If they aren't already. 

I'm not a big fan of beer with a pepper spice flavor but I don't mind a light pepper spice in an imperial stout.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:17 PM, Djgb13 said:

Anyone here had any spicy beers? They’ve been growing on me and I keep trying the hotter ones. Had one recently with Trinidad scorpion peppers that was phenomenal but can’t get it down here in Charleston. Looking to find others that are more mainstream I can potentially buy 

I tried one and it just ddn't work for me.   I can see the appeal, but something about that combo just didn't work for my brain

25 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

They're seasonal. If she likes the Cran-ber-Ritas, tell her to stock up. They're going to be gone soon. If they aren't already. 

Yea she already got two cases of them. She’s hoping the pineapple ones come back out for spring/summer cause that’s what she likes to drink when we hit the beach, pool, lake, river, etc. She’s a girly girl when it comes to drinks. Doesn’t like beer (except for some sours) and only drinks fruity drinks like Malibu and pineapple juice 

16 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I tried one and it just ddn't work for me.   I can see the appeal, but something about that combo just didn't work for my brain

Yea it’s not for everyone. Once you try a few good ones they start to grow on you if you like spicy stuff