Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Texans at Chiefs Discussion

Inactives

Texans: SS Jahleel Addae, TE Jordan Akins, DB Cornell Armstrong, WR Steven Mitchell, OT Elijah Nkansah, DT Eddie Vanderdoes, DE Carlos Watkins

Chiefs: DL Chris Jones, OT Jackson Barton, CB Morris Claiborne, QB Chad Henne, OG Ryan Hunter, LB Darron Lee, OG Andrew Wylie

This game will forthwith and forever be known as The Mitch Trubisky Bowl. The winner, sources say, will have the option of having Mitchy be their teams backup next season...

Who had Tenn vs Texans in the AFC Championship raise your hand😯

36 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Who had Tenn vs Texans in the AFC Championship raise your hand😯

I knew my post would jump start the Chiefs!!!

well, It was 24-0 and I had to leave the TV to take my kid to hockey practice and now KC is winning.   It looks  like Houston just shot themselves in the foot a bunch.

4th down gamble on a fake punt deep in your end with a sizeable lead? 

fumble?

Those were 2 free KC TD's.   one due to bad ball control, one due to bad coaching call.

sucks to be Houston.  Now it's looking like Mahomes is getting into a groove. Might be trouble.

The Texans secondary was never set to deal with a healthy KC for 3 hours so KC was gonna score some points. 

To make matters worse, the Texans not having an adult running game really hurt them again. Up 24-0, it would’ve been a great time to have some good schemes and/or rbs to put to work.

21 minutes ago, jimaveli said:

The Texans secondary was never set to deal with a healthy KC for 3 hours so KC was gonna score some points. 

To make matters worse, the Texans not having an adult running game really hurt them again. Up 24-0, it would’ve been a great time to have some good schemes and/or rbs to put to work.

well, with the 24-0 lead, if they could have switched to the run game and actually move the ball and kill the clock, they wouldnt have had to deal with the KC offense as long.   any team pulling the upset on KC has to be able to run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field.   the extra time sitting may keep him from getting into a groove.

Clearly that didnt happen today, but a 4th down gamble deep in your own end just seemed  goofy.  if  its at midfield, it may be worth a shot because if you succeed it means points.   but given the score and the location on the field it was a dumb call.

Lol.  I turned the game off at 21-0.  Played some COD.  Later, my buddy texts me that it is 41-24. I'm like WTF??  😮