Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Looks like Browns are naming Stefanski as HC

So Josh stays in NE. I guess TB as well. 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

How do you CLE fans feel about this hire? 

CLE has fans?  :shocking:

I think the safest job to have in the Browns organization would be the guy who makes the name plates for the head coach's door.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

I think the safest job to have in the Browns organization would be the guy who makes the name plates for the head coach's door.

And the guy who sews the name plates on the QB jerseys.

• Haha 1

No-one knows who is picking the players but its extremely unlikely to be someone as good as John Dorsey.  Stefanski has never run a draft.  I don't think Andrew Berry (if he is hired as GM) has ever run a draft.  Berry was in Cleveland from 16-18.  18 was Dorsey's draft.  The 16 and 17 drafts were poor.

Its a broken record.  The Browns has suffered from a total lack of expertise (and when they hire someone with expertise they fire him right away because they are stubborn and want to run the ship correctly which Haslam hates). 

This will be a first-time head coach paired with a first-time GM paired with a young team that doesn't know how to win paired with an owner that doesn't know how to win.  This is almost guaranteed to implode because everyone is in diapers.

Of the options available, the ONLY option was to hire Jason Garrett because he is a proven winner in that he has a winning record as an NFL head coach (and never had a franchise QB).  Pair Garrett with Baker Mayfield (whom is a franchise QB IMO). 

33 minutes ago, riversco said:

No-one knows who is picking the players but its extremely unlikely to be someone as good as John Dorsey.  Stefanski has never run a draft.  I don't think Andrew Berry (if he is hired as GM) has ever run a draft.  Berry was in Cleveland from 16-18.  18 was Dorsey's draft.  The 16 and 17 drafts were poor.

Its a broken record.  The Browns has suffered from a total lack of expertise (and when they hire someone with expertise they fire him right away because they are stubborn and want to run the ship correctly which Haslam hates). 

This will be a first-time head coach paired with a first-time GM paired with a young team that doesn't know how to win paired with an owner that doesn't know how to win.  This is almost guaranteed to implode because everyone is in diapers.

Of the options available, the ONLY option was to hire Jason Garrett because he is a proven winner in that he has a winning record as an NFL head coach (and never had a franchise QB).  Pair Garrett with Baker Mayfield (whom is a franchise QB IMO). 

Yeah. Kitchens had to go, but firing the GM was stupid. 

Hiring a coach before the GM is stupid too.