Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Sleep Number Beds

Recommended Posts

Any of you own one of these?  What do you like/dislike?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Any of you own one of these?  What do you like/dislike?

I'd be curious as well.  I'm in the market for a new bed too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Any of you own one of these?  What do you like/dislike?

Your Mom liked mine..Ask her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have 1. I mean it's nice but I don't know...its not that nice. 

  Like the raising feature I've never used it. My wife uses it every now and then to read but I don't. 

 If you get one definitely get the foot warmer. That's probably the best feature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fandandy said:

My sleep number is 69.  :wub:

We don't need to hear about what you and your mom do in the privacy of her home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had one for over 15 years.  Love it.  Wife (36C) and I have totally different preferences when it comes to mattresses.  Best of both worlds.  Looking at replacing with one of the new ones that tilt/heat/cool.    :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I've had one for over 15 years.  Love it.  Wife (36C) and I have totally different preferences when it comes to mattresses.  Best of both worlds.  Looking at replacing with one of the new ones that tilt/heat/cool.    :thumbsup:

Is there any issues with the seam separating the two sides?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I've had one for over 15 years.  Love it.  Wife (36C) and I have totally different preferences when it comes to mattresses.  Best of both worlds.  Looking at replacing with one of the new ones that tilt/heat/cool.    :thumbsup:

Honey, will you set my side to fat, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Is there any issues with the seam separating the two sides?

Other than the little remote that came with it, we haven't had any problems.  The LED screen on the remote died a few years back but it still works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Honey, will you set my side to fat, please?

I"m not fat.  I'm big boned.  :nono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Is there any issues with the seam separating the two sides?

 We both love that seem in the middle. We got the full split because neither of us like to cuddle at night so it works perfectly. Ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got one, only the queen size because the king was so much more expensive.  Wish we would have went with the king though.  I need my legs and head up because of my back.  She needs it flat.  The queen only adjusts the whole bed, whereas the king does both sides separate.  So we switch it up when we can.  We also have the pads that go on top that make it cool or warm, depending on what you want.  I like the bed, but not for the price that it was.  And these fockers are heavy.  We moved over the summer and the base of this thing was the heaviest thing we had.

I would not buy again, mainly because they are overpriced, and we have had some issues with the technical aspects of it.  It's ok though. Nothing great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snuff said:

Got one, only the queen size because the king was so much more expensive.  Wish we would have went with the king though.  I need my legs and head up because of my back.  She needs it flat.  The queen only adjusts the whole bed, whereas the king does both sides separate.  So we switch it up when we can.  We also have the pads that go on top that make it cool or warm, depending on what you want.  I like the bed, but not for the price that it was.  And these fockers are heavy.  We moved over the summer and the base of this thing was the heaviest thing we had.

I would not buy again, mainly because they are overpriced, and we have had some issues with the technical aspects of it.  It's ok though. Nothing great.

 Same. It's a nice bed but certainly not worth how much it is. I mean I think the king split was around 10 grand? It was something crazy like that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't have one but I spent extensive time looking at them with my wife.  They were really nice but the cost of those beds is ridiculous. We could not justify an 8-10k purchase of a bed. We eventually found a Brooklyn bedding spartan mattress for 2K which is perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

 Same. It's a nice bed but certainly not worth how much it is. I mean I think the king split was around 10 grand? It was something crazy like that. 

Yeah, it was like 8-10.  The queen we got was like 6-7.5, can't remember exactly.  Way overpriced.  But, it has helped my back, so I guess in a way it was worth it.  Still wouldn't do it again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an adjustable...basic 800 dollar frame.  Love it.

Cant justify the price of the sleep#..

They are so overpriced.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What beds do you guys recommend?  I considered ordering a Purple mattress. 

I tried the Purple and didn't like it.  Something just felt weird about it, but it's not memory foam which is what I'm used to sleeping on.  Also, the Purple mattresses are also kind of pricey, but not even close to the highway robbery of the Sleep Number beds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Your Mom liked mine..Ask her

You actually let that pig into your bed?  I just take her on the kitchen floor so it's easier to hose down and so that she can make me a sammich afterwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are looking for temp control, my wife and I love the Chili Pad system:  https://www.chilitechnology.com/products/chilipad-sleep-system

I occasionally sleep on my back, but mostly my side, and my wife sleeps on her stomach, and we like comparably firm mattresses, so we don't need a sleep number or adjustable flatness bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DonS said:

You actually let that pig into your bed?  I just take her on the kitchen floor so it's easier to hose down and so that she can make me a sammich afterwards. 

You ret dat pig make Sammich? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×