Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Well the Oscar Nominations are Out

When I just looked at the url in your link my first thought was that Joker and Jennifer Lopez were snubbed.  Glad Joker got so many nominations as wife and I just rented it the other night and both like it. Joaquin Phoenix did an excellent job. 

Notice how they'll continue to b*tch about lack of diversity, but are never willing to say who should have been left off the list of nominees.

13 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Notice how they'll continue to b*tch about lack of diversity, but are never willing to say who should have been left off the list of nominees.

It is the unsaid implication that white men should be left out. #oscarssowhite and #oscarssomale are the hashtags the liberal pos media is trying to push. 

#BETawardssoblack but you don't see white people b1tching about it. 

6 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

It is the unsaid implication that white men should be left out. #oscarssowhite and #oscarssomale are the hashtags the liberal pos media is trying to push. 

Sure. But they're never willing to make waves by out and out saying <insert name here> didn't deserve their nomination.

Looked at the list of best director nominees:

Director:

Martin Scorsese, “The Irishman”
Todd Phillips, “Joker”
Sam Mendes, “1917”
Quentin Tarantino, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”
Bong Joon Ho, “Parasite”

That Bong Joon Ho sounds like a lily white Irish Catholic to me!  They're right, there are nothing but white guys! 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Looked at the list of best director nominees:

That was one of the two movies I saw in the theaters last year that weren’t kids movies. Parasite was really, really good.

Saw Parasite last night. Good film. Obviously a satire on Korean social strata. Bold film but Oscar worthy? Nah. Probably won on votes split around. 

1917 should have won.

On 2/15/2020 at 10:30 AM, TimmySmith said:

Saw Parasite last night. Good film. Obviously a satire on Korean social strata. Bold film but Oscar worthy? Nah. Probably won on votes split around. 

1917 should have won.

We saw it Saturday as well.  Certainly a good movie.  But I heard people were cheering after it was over or some crap?   Why?  I mean it wasn't THAT good for crying out loud.

All diversity means in 2020 is just no white people. 

Glad Phoenix got his due. Hes unbelievable in Joker. 

4 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

All diversity means in 2020 is just no white people. 

Glad Phoenix got his due. Hes unbelievable in Joker. 

Didn't see Joker yet. I like Phoenix. He has a very innocent quality that probably made Joker stand out.

And, yes, guilt ridden white, racist, rapist Hollywood bumbles diversity.  Pretty sure the awards are rigged. 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 11:41 AM, DonS said:

When I just looked at the url in your link my first thought was that Joker and Jennifer Lopez were snubbed.  Glad Joker got so many nominations as wife and I just rented it the other night and both like it. Joaquin Phoenix did an excellent job. 

I honestly did not care for it. I do think that he did a good job in the role but I felt like the movie dragged on. Plus he sent a good portion of the movie running around like a retarded Forrest Gump.