Sign in to follow this  
BLS

1st Wedding Anniversary - Thinking Phoenix

Thinking of flying the wife and I to Phoenix for our 1st anniversary in February.

I'd love to rent a SxS or ATV for a sand dune ride, maybe a JetSki too.

Need other things to do, places to stay, hotels, etc. 

Anybody got any suggestions?  @Jerry's Kids

First of all, congrats. :cheers:

Second of all, just keep in mind that whatever tone you set on the first anniversary will have to be outdone consecutively on subsequent anniversaries. My advice as a married man of over 20 years is, start slow, build up and go overboard on milestones. 

1st anniversary = nice dinner at the best spot in town, flowers and maybe jewelry. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Second of all, just keep in mind that whatever tone you set on the first anniversary will have to be outdone consecutively on subsequent anniversaries. My advice as a married man of over 20 years is, start slow, build up and go overboard on milestones. 

1st anniversary = nice dinner at the best spot in town, flowers and maybe jewelry. 

This

20 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I agree here. We are trying to figure out what we are going to do for our 25th which is in a few months. :lol:

26 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

This guy marriages. 

6 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I agree here. We are trying to figure out what we are going to do for our 25th which is in a few months. :lol:

Sounds like you're taking her for a ride to space on Virgin Galactic!!

41 minutes ago, BLS said:

Thinking of flying the wife and I to Phoenix for our 1st anniversary in February.

I'd love to rent a SxS or ATV for a sand dune ride, maybe a JetSki too.

Need other things to do, places to stay, hotels, etc. 

Anybody got any suggestions?  @Jerry's Kids

No dunes here. Water is fecking freezing on all the desert lakes now.  The cinders in flagstaff is nice but it's cold as fock. Sedona is great for offroading beauty 

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

No dunes here. Water is fecking freezing on all the desert lakes now.  The cinders in flagstaff is nice but it's cold as fock. Sedona is great for offroading beauty 

Thanks SP.  Any recommendations on things to do there in February?

Also, what's "Cold"?  It's currently 10 degrees here.

22 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Gotta do Fishtown

Just now, BLS said:

Thanks SP.  Any recommendations on things to do there in February?

Also, what's "Cold"?  It's currently 10 degrees here.

40's during the day 20's at night. I'm an AZ native so that's cold as fock to me. SXS or Jeep tour rides in Sedona are amazingly beautiful. You could jet ski on the colorado in laughlin if you want to gamble too  and I think a train goes to Flagstaff if you want to rent sxs to blast around the cinders after jet skiing on the river 

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

40's during the day 20's at night. I'm an AZ native so that's cold as fock to me. SXS or Jeep tour rides in Sedona are amazingly beautiful. You could jet ski on the colorado in laughlin if you want to gamble too  and I think a train goes to Flagstaff if you want to rent sxs to blast around the cinders after jet skiing on the river 

Seriously, its that cold there right now?

WTF?  You live in a Desert.

2 minutes ago, BLS said:

Seriously, its that cold there right now?

WTF?  You live in a Desert.

Thats Flag, Sedona is about 10 degrees warmer than flag. 

I'm hoping for 75+.  Safe to say AZ isn't the best choice at that time of year?

8 minutes ago, BLS said:

In Phoenix ya low 70's. Jet ski the lakes and TONS of SXS rentals and places to go with fantastic resorts. Flagstaff and especially Sedona is beautiful though. Desert is desert though if you want 70's. 

13 minutes ago, BLS said:

I think there is some location confusion here.  Phoenix should be 70+ in February.  Evenings in the 50s.  It being a desert there is a temp gradient between day and night.

There are lakes on the outskirts of town but the water is cold and I don't know if you can rent jet skis that time of year.

Tons of outdoor stuff to do; wife and I are into hiking.  We live near South Mountain which is our go to area, but there is also the Phoenix Mountain Preserve, McDowells, Superstitions, etc.

chicago is great this time of year.

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think there is some location confusion here.  Phoenix should be 70+ in February.  Evenings in the 50s.  It being a desert there is a temp gradient between day and night.

There are lakes on the outskirts of town but the water is cold and I don't know if you can rent jet skis that time of year.

Tons of outdoor stuff to do; wife and I are into hiking.  We live near South Mountain which is our go to area, but there is also the Phoenix Mountain Preserve, McDowells, Superstitions, etc.

Jet ski rental is year round here. I didn't know you lived in the ghetto Jerry :cheers: