RLLD

Oceans Are Warming People!

Rink

The world's oceans are now heating at the same rate as if five Hiroshima atomic bombs were dropped into the water every second, scientists have said.

Here is my problem, this came from CNN, so if CNN were to announce the sky was blue....I would need to still go ask two more people.....which scientists said this exactly?  What is the peer review status of this assertion? CNN is such excrement nowadays that they have become a walking clown show

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, posty said:

What is the ideal temperature of the oceans supposed to be anyway?

It's up to the scientist in question of course......😅

If you have ever boiled water...your familiar with the amount of heat water can absorb.  It is the oceans that moderate the worlds temperature.  Imagine the heat absorbed by trllions of gallons of water just to increase it 1 degree.

Climate change deniers are just dumb people.

Any rational 10yr old with rudimentary science knowledge can see something is going on.

Watch "chasing coral or chasing glaciers" on netflix.

I dont have the time or the crayons to explain it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

If you have ever boiled water...your familiar with the amount of heat water can absorb.  It is the oceans that moderate the worlds temperature.  Imagine the heat absorbed by trllions of gallons of water just to increase it 1 degree.

Any rational 10yr old with rudimentary science knowledge can see something is going on.

Yep, the climate has been changing since the beginning of time.

• Like 1

the oceans are warming people or the oceans are warming, people.

please advise

image.jpeg.6ebc9c22a9f35a947f7a23027c9741c6.jpeg

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

the oceans are warming people or the oceans are warming, people.

please advise

Can't they do both?

1Purely propaganda, this bull is ongoing manipulation. Even if it is true It's natural not a "man made carbon based" catastrophe, it would be a globalist geoengineering event.

"there's a war on for your mind" and so many are losing!

12 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

How old is the Earth?

How long have we been keeping records?

Has anyone on the Climate Change/Global Warming side ever manipulated the data to support their views?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

It's up to the scientist in question of course......😅

So basically, some low budget editor working from home a couple hours a day trying to pay the bills?

13 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Nobody is denying  climate change, it has been happening for 4.5 billion years. Why do you keep using this lie, it doesn’t help your argument and it makes you appear rather slow.

How much CO2 is being released by that volcano in the Philippines compared to my F250?   

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Rink

Here is my problem, this came from CNN, so if CNN were to announce the sky was blue....I would need to still go ask two more people.....which scientists said this exactly?  What is the peer review status of this assertion? CNN is such excrement nowadays that they have become a walking clown show

Well, you could read the article to find out which scientists said that, or even click the link in the article to get that information.  

Lijing Cheng, the paper's lead author and an associate professor at the International Center for Climate and Environmental Sciences at the Chinese Academy of Sciences, said the ocean temperature was 0.075 degrees Celsius above the 1981-2010 average in 2019.

"There are no reasonable alternatives aside from the human emissions of heat trapping gases to explain this heating," Cheng said, adding that to reach this temperature, the ocean would have taken in 228,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 -- or 228 sextillion -- joules of heat.

"The Hiroshima atom-bomb exploded with an energy of about 63,000,000,000,000 Joules," Cheng said. "I did a calculation ... the amount of heat we have put in the world's oceans in the past 25 years equals to 3.6 billion Hiroshima atom-bomb explosions," he added.

I can  get on board with climate change being real and the oceans are warming. 

This 5 Hiroshimas per second number seems a bit off, though.

Did you know that in 1816, summer never came? New England had 18 inch snow drifts in June? I'm not kidding. No summer.

This was the result of a volcano erupting in Indonesia. Pretty powerful volcano to wipe out summer on the other side of the planet. How many Hiroshimas was that thing? Somewhere between ten and hundred zillion bazzilion, I would imagine.

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I can  get on board with climate change being real and the oceans are warming. 

This 5 Hiroshimas per second number seems a bit off, though.

Did you know that in 1816, summer never came? New England had 18 inch snow drifts in June? I'm not kidding. No summer.

This was the result of a volcano erupting in Indonesia. Pretty powerful volcano to wipe out summer on the other side of the planet. How many Hiroshimas was that thing? Somewhere between ten and hundred zillion bazzilion, I would imagine.

An international team of 14 scientists examined data going back to the 1950s, looking at temperatures from the ocean surface to 2,000 meters deep. The study, which was published in the journal Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, also showed that the oceans are warming at an increasing speed.

That's from the surface of the ocean to a depth of almost 1.25 miles.  If his two numbers are correct, 228 sextillion -- joules of heat. and the Joules per hydrogen bomb, the math is right.   

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Rink

How much energy do the oceans absorb from just the sun on a daily basis? I bet it's more that 5 Hiroshima bombs of energy

12 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

What is the Climate Change crowd suggesting we do about China and India polluting more than the rest of the world combined?

They believe if we lead....China and India will follow.

No seriously..They really believe that.  I saw that so many times at FBG I got sick of arguing it with them.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

How old is the Earth?

How long have we been keeping records?

Has anyone on the Climate Change/Global Warming side ever manipulated the data to support their views?

Um...ice cores..stromatolites.etc.  there are lots of ways to measure levels thousands of years ago.

They can plot change levels over thousands of years...and yes..there are changes...however the changes occuring now are at an unprecidented rate of acceleration.

True science is the search for infomation...dont mix it up with charlatans and snake oil salesman.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

No seriously..They really believe that.  I saw that so many times at FBG I got sick of arguing it with them.

Same people who say that we have a bad world image and no one wants to do what we do. You can't win.

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Um...ice cores..stromatolites.etc.  there are lots of ways to measure levels thousands of years ago.

They can plot change levels over thousands of years...and yes..there are changes...however the changes occuring now are at an unprecidented rate of acceleration.

True science is the search for infomation...dont mix it up with charlatans and snake oil salesman.

True. Seems science helped get over that global cooling situation back in the late 70s. It's brilliant how scientists can control the Earth's climate. I believe they will fix it all again at this point in history. Go scientists!!! Manage the Earth!!!

I'm going to get a falafel in the mean time.

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

They need more of your money people!!!! Get with it!! Selfish focks!

Rofl this is so dumb...

Scientists want you to consume less...it is our drive to consume things that pollute.  Rofl...you dont even understand your own argument.  Who is telling you to spend money?  Not scientists...its the fear mongers trying to get you to buy their crap.

Jesus...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

What is the Climate Change crowd suggesting we do about China and India polluting more than the rest of the world combined?

7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Pretty sure the first thing most believe is we should use actual facts instead of things that aren't true, like "China and India polluting more than the rest of the world combined?"

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Rofl this is so dumb...

Scientists want you to consume less...it is our drive to consume things that pollute.  Rofl...you dont even understand your own argument.  Who is telling you to spend money?  Not scientists...its the fear mongers trying to get you to buy their crap.

Jesus...

Spend? This isn't about our personal spending l, it's about them taking more of our money from us.

Dumbass....

Didnt ya see little Greta's video ? FUNDING!

In my personal opinion, if a Democrat politician is saying something, I'm ignoring them because odds are that they're lying to serve their own personal benefit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In my personal opinion, if a Democrat politician is saying something, I'm ignoring them because odds are that they're lying to serve their own personal benefit.

But is it lying if they are brainwashed in hatred so much that they actually believe what they are saying? Hmm....🤔

7 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Dude, NFW can you look at ice cores and tell us with any degree of certainty that current weather is abnormal compared to X.

For instance, that ice core tell you how many solar flares occurred that year? Does that ice core tell you what volcano erupted that year and how much debris was put into atmosphere? Does it take into account the amount of animal life that was on the planet? Etc, etc, etc............

No degree of certainty...................PERIOD.

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Pretty sure the first thing most believe is we should use actual facts instead of things that aren't true, like "China and India polluting more than the rest of the world combined?"

To borrow one of your liberal talking points  "It hasn't been disproven yet"   

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

I'll ask it again........

Have they ever not manipulated data is a better question. 

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Just now, drobeski said:

Have they ever not manipulated data is a better question. 

All climate scientists are hippies in a sense.  I'll never believe any of them because there's no way that they're not biased and fudge the data to support their views.

3 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Dude, NFW can you look at ice cores and tell us with any degree of certainty that current weather is abnormal compared to X.

For instance, that ice core tell you how many solar flares occurred that year? Does that ice core tell you what volcano erupted that year and how much debris was put into atmosphere? Does it take into account the amount of animal life that was on the planet? Etc, etc, etc............

No degree of certainty...................PERIOD.

Yeah..um. they can tell volcanic eruptions...and atmospheric debris. Ecologists who understand biomass and energy flows in ecosystems and many such other fields can give a pretty good appromation of life at different time periods in earths history.

But its ok...you know better.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

How much CO2 is being released by that volcano in the Philippines compared to my F250?   

Will no one answer my question?  :(

4 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Of course their are unethical scientists....but all of them????   Cmon..they arent all on the take but they are saying the same things...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Will no one answer my question?  :(

They dont answer mine either.  They dont have answer. :(