Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

An interesting little hack (to me at least)

I count the cash drawer down every morning and count the change and it's a pain and time consuming so this morning I was thinking if I weighed the change maybe that would work.  I have a little food scale that I set to grams and I tared off the weight of a small plastic dish and weighed out $10 in quarters, $5 in dimes, etc.  Anywhoo, if any of you ever need to roll a bunch of change this would save you loads of time.

in grams 

Q -  226

D - 114

N - 199

I didn't weigh the disgusting little pennies.  

I thought this was going to be a thread about MDC with the word "interesting" being the punch line. Oh well... :dunno:

Not bad assuming you only have quarters in the quarters, nickels in the nickels, etc.......

You could also use water displacement if you were really bored.

My drug dealer uses scales to weigh out nickel and dime bags.  

13 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I count the cash drawer down every morning and count the change and it's a pain and time consuming so this morning I was thinking if I weighed the change maybe that would work.  I have a little food scale that I set to grams and I tared off the weight of a small plastic dish and weighed out $10 in quarters, $5 in dimes, etc.  Anywhoo, if any of you ever need to roll a bunch of change this would save you loads of time.

in grams 

Q - 114

D - 226

N - 199

I didn't weigh the disgusting little pennies.  

I think you flip flopped the weight for dimes and quarters.  I'm guessing 50 dimes don't weigh twice as much as 40 quarters.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think you flip flopped the weight for dimes and quarters.  I'm guessing 50 dimes don't weigh twice as much as 40 quarters.

Good catch.  My bad.