Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Typical racist thoughts in a normal work day

Some black chick (if you go by the illustration on the page) writes to some advice column in how to handle that her boss doesn't offer up any money when she orders lunch for everyone in the office. She suspects it's because he is a whitey.

If it were me I would just ask for the money or expense it to the company. How can some people be so weak and have to blame it on white privilege or something of that nature?

Dear Boss,

I work in a small office (about five people), and probably once or twice a week, we will do a group order of delivery/takeout for lunch. I’m the most junior at the company, and often I end up being asked to place the lunch order, so I put it on my personal card and have everyone pay me back. All of my other colleagues are quick to reimburse me, but on the occasions where my CEO joins the lunch order, he has never paid for his food nor offered to do so. I honestly don’t think it crosses his mind to wonder who paid for the meal, and I have a sneaking suspicion it’s often because my other colleagues simply pay for him. (I have another sneaking suspicion it’s because he’s a white man who has had a great deal of wealth his entire life.) 

After the meal, there’s always a conversation, initiated by my colleagues, in which everyone asks me how much they owe. We share an open office space with our CEO, but he seems to be entirely oblivious to these conversations. I would love to be able to simply Venmo charge him, but, alas, he has made it clear that he is “anti-Venmo.”

I’m feeling very bitter that he is in a position where he doesn’t have to think about the cost of a $14 salad, and frustrated that my other (wealthier) colleagues are all willing to eat the cost to avoid asking him to pay. How do I gracefully make it clear that he should be expected to reimburse me like everyone else (and, ideally, should do so without being prompted)?

https://www.thecut.com/article/my-rich-boss-wont-pay-me-back-for-lunch.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Right, it cant have anything at all to do with his character, irrespective of his color.....

This can all be solved if she asks one question

How am I supposed to to do that?

22 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

This can all be solved if she asks one question

How am I supposed to to do that?

Turning a typical cheap guy into a white privilege scenario is what Hussein did to this country through 8 long years of pushing hate on this country.

You can see how his influence has worked it's way into people's daily thoughts.

I have known many cheap ass black people over the years. More than whites actually. And I always knew how to deal with them. Just like any other cheap person. Skin color didn't matter.

geeeezus...do idiot millenials have to analyze everything??? neurotic retards. just tell the dude he owes $14 and then see what happens.

• Thanks 1

OOORRR!!  Just not tell the cheap fock that they're ordering lunch anymore.  It's because he's a jackoff... not because he's white.

• Thanks 1

Remember all the hootin and hollerin a few years back about Denny’s being racist and blacks didn’t get good service, and they made it about race? Not the fact that they don’t tip? And complain about everything? Whenever there is a racial dynamic, it’s always in their favor. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Remember all the hootin and hollerin a few years back about Denny’s being racist and blacks didn’t get good service, and they made it about race? Not the fact that they don’t tip? And complain about everything? Whenever there is a racial dynamic, it’s always in their favor. 

Denny's sucked period, I stopped going there years before that event because I had the same experience as well, but I didn't cry about it, just stopped going there.....I think this world needs a large meteor hit, honestly.....

51 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I believe that all started in a Denny's in Annapolis. I used to go there every now and then. Most of the time it was filled with a typical group of people, mostly white/mixed, whatever. I remember though on the weekend nights it would fill up with black people. Waiting line out the door filled. At the time I bartended at a place down the road from there, and occasionally stopped in late night after work. That story was being talked about all over the town and people were going in just to see what all the "racist" hubbub was about. 

I saw it first hand. They were definitely treating the black customers like shlt, because the black customers were all assh0les and got treated the way they deserved. The black customers would hang out in groups all night, half of them not order anything and the other half ordering a side of fries or something like that. Never tipping. The waitresses at that Denny's that were working the night shifts were quitting left and right and the same for the hostesses. They would talk about it right in front of them in hopes they would get up and leave.

So the management listened to their employees and took action. They totally made a new policy of how they treated black people vs. white people. Not all black people. Just the late night punks that filled the tables every weekend night.

They started seating any white folks who just walked in ahead of black folks who were waiting to be seated without even trying to hide it. They started having minimum bills for black folks and adding the tips automatically (only for black people). They would put them on the clock when sitting at tables forever and just boot them out. Would outright turn away some of them that they knew were shlt customers who were just using the place for a hangout.

The story went national and just plain nuts and the  Dennys got closed down for a week or two. And noone learned the truth of the matter except those who saw it first hand. It was just a civil rights problem in the eyes of the outsiders. Well, except for those who actually worked in the industry.

Even when my bartending shift where I worked put me in the restaurant's service bar for night, the only drinks that would come back from the customers were fruity drinks ordered by black people. And it was always because "there aint no liquor in this drink". We were a pretty heavy handed on the alcohol in that place and not one customer ever got cheated on their pours. So when a drink would come back for that reason, I would pour a little gin down the straw directly and that would satisfy them every time.

• Haha 2

I don't think she was saying he was racist, she just used "white male" as a description. If anything she was stating his wealth made him insensitive to the fact that as a junior employee she cannot afford to pay for him as other more wealthy staff do without complaint. The article was not about race, but rather that HER BOSS wasn't paying her back like the other employees. She never wrote anything about privilege, you are assuming it and it doesn't apply here.

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

I don't think she was saying he was racist, she just used "white male" as a description. If anything she was stating his wealth made him insensitive to the fact that as a junior employee she cannot afford to pay for him as other more wealthy staff do without complaint. The article was not about race, but rather that HER BOSS wasn't paying her back like the other employees. She never wrote anything about privilege, you are assuming it and it doesn't apply here.

Ok. If I were to say I have a "cheap black boss" that doesn't care about me would you question why I used his skin color to describe the situation? Wouldn't you ask me why I brought race into the discussion?

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

I kind of agree..But I would say its 80% about his wealth and 20% about his race.  The comment reads that if it were a rich black man he would NEVER have done this.   

But whomever earlier said stop analyzing is 100% correct.  Grab your balls and tell the frickin CEO he owes you $14.00.  Not sure why this is such a big deal. Stop being a puzzy

Just now, sderk said:

Ok. If I were to say I have a "cheap black boss" that doesn't care about me would you question why I used his skin color to describe the situation? Wouldn't you ask me why I brought race into the discussion?

I think that is true, she didn't need to bring up race but she was trying to describe the situation and mentioned her own race as well.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

OOORRR!!  Just not tell the cheap fock that they're ordering lunch anymore.  It's because he's a jackoff... not because he's white.

This...

28 minutes ago, peenie said:

Well it says "because hes a white man".  So shes basing his behavoir on his race.  In 2020, this is absolutely fukin raciss.  The left made the rules, eat the turd.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, peenie said:

ETA: Fireballer beat me to it.

Once in my early working years, there was a restaurant consultant brought in to the restaurant where I waited tables for a few months to oversee operations. Dude always sat at the dining room tables and waiters would have to wait on him like a normal customer. He NEVER tipped anyone even once.

One night we had a company party on one of the bar's patios. Everyone got hammered, including me. I went up to the dude and told him off. To this day I feel embarrassed about how much I had to drink that night. Not so much about what I said, just how I said it.

I worked the next day, totally hung over. Someone tells me that the consultant dude is sitting out on that patio off the bar (where the restaurant staff doesn't manage and at the exact spot where I told him off) and he asked for me to bring his food out for him. It felt like the walk of shame all through the restaurant and through the bar (it was a big place). Everyone knew what was up and was staring at me. I gave him his food and asked if he wanted anything else. He said no thanks, he gave me $5, and said don't worry about the mess, that he would clean it up himself.

And I never even brought up the fact that he was white. Go figure.

20 minutes ago, sderk said:

Once in my early working years, there was a restaurant consultant brought in to the restaurant where I waited tables for a few months to oversee operations. Dude always sat at the dining room tables and waiters would have to wait on him like a normal customer. He NEVER tipped anyone even once.

One night we had a company party on one of the bar's patios. Everyone got hammered, including me. I went up to the dude and told him off. To this day I feel embarrassed about how much I had to drink that night. Not so much about what I said, just how I said it.

I worked the next day, totally hung over. Someone tells me that the consultant dude is sitting out on that patio off the bar (where the restaurant staff doesn't manage and at the exact spot where I told him off) and he asked for me to bring his food out for him. It felt like the walk of shame all through the restaurant and through the bar (it was a big place). Everyone knew what was up and was staring at me. I gave him his food and asked if he wanted anything else. He said no thanks, he gave me $5, and said don't worry about the mess, that he would clean it up himself.

And I never even brought up the fact that he was white. Go figure.

Some people need to be told in a "matter of fact" way to see things through a different lens.  Sounds like he got the picture.

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Some people need to be told in a "matter of fact" way to see things through a different lens.  Sounds like he got the picture.

It's true. And that was a much different situation than the one above, and should have been handled by the management, not a drunk employee. Looking back, dude was a consultant there to help the restaurant, yet he was eating free daily, uses the restaurants resources (chefs, cooks, waiters, bartenders), and building up tension and hatred towards him from all the employees. Not necessarily a good move on their part possibly.

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

It's true. And that was a much different situation than the one above, and should have been handled by the management, not a drunk employee. Looking back, dude was a consultant there to help the restaurant, yet he was eating free daily, uses the restaurants resources (chefs, cooks, waiters, bartenders), and building up tension and hatred towards him from all the employees. Not necessarily a good move on their part possibly.

Definitely not an atmosphere where employees would be ready and willing to implement any changes from the consultant, no matter how good they were.