Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Warren wants to buy your vote - no really. She is promising to pay $50,000 to students

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Wow...Shes doubling down on this one.  And can you blame her?   

Vote for me and if you are a college student, I will forgive $50K in debt on day one in office!!!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-says-she-d-bypass-163833072.html

Is this really a good time for the left to say that one of the first things they are going to do when they get into office is bypass congress for something they want?

Just now, sderk said:

Is this really a good time for the left to say that one of the first things they are going to do when they get into office is bypass congress for something they want?

Hell yeah it is..How many kids right now are carrying student loan debt that would LOVE to get that off their backs.

If I was a college kid, I would seriously consider voting for her based on this.   I mean it could mean 50K to my bottom line?    Yeah, I'd vote for her in a minute

This is dangerous

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Hell yeah it is..How many kids right now are carrying student loan debt that would LOVE to get that off their backs.

If I was a college kid, I would seriously consider voting for her based on this.   I mean it could mean 50K to my bottom line?    Yeah, I'd vote for her in a minute

This is dangerous

I get your point, but it's the wrong thing for so many reasons, especially since the left is fighting so hard at saying Trump overstepped his authority by taking out a bad guy without crawling to Pelosi first.

That aside, to become an adult, you have to take on responsibility. Pay what you owe. Stop trying to get freebies from others. That teaches you a lesson that will be with you for the rest of your life. I get the appeal, but the outcome will be a bunch of dumb kids buying houses sooner just to lose them when they can't afford to pay for them anymore after they lose their first job, have a kid, lose their "true love" since they were in high school, etc...

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

This is dangerous

This is a good test.  The SMART college kids will know she's full of it and not let this influence them.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

I get your point, but it's the wrong thing for so many reasons, especially since the left is fighting so hard at saying Trump overstepped his authority by taking out a bad guy without crawling to Pelosi first.

That aside, to become an adult, you have to take on responsibility. Pay what you owe. Stop trying to get freebies from others. That teaches you a lesson that will be with you for the rest of your life. I get the appeal, but the outcome will be a bunch of dumb kids buying houses sooner just to lose them when they can't afford to pay for them anymore after they lose their first job, have a kid, lose their "true love" since they were in high school, etc...

Soooooooooo doesn't work that way.  Wonderful idea, and in a fantasy world it would be great.  But this is reality.  These kids have been crying non stop about their student loan debt forever..Now here is a candidate who is essentially promising to eliminate 50K of it instantly.  How could a kid with this debt NOT vote for her.   

Seems like she's overpaying, most Dems just bus a bunch of people to the polling place and give them a pack of cigs for their vote.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Soooooooooo doesn't work that way.  Wonderful idea, and in a fantasy world it would be great.  But this is reality.  These kids have been crying non stop about their student loan debt forever..Now here is a candidate who is essentially promising to eliminate 50K of it instantly.  How could a kid with this debt NOT vote for her.   

I'll demand reparations for the student loans I paid off in the past.

Just now, sderk said:

Great..You'll fail. 

Meanwhile, to me this just jumped ol' Liz up in the pols a few notches.  I realize shes desperate and her $$ is running out so she had to resort to this tactic of buying votes, but this is real man.  Shes going to get some tread outta this one.

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

You should demand a refund.  

10 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You should demand a refund.  

No need. DeVry did me just right. Financially, I haven't had a worry in the world for over the past 10 years.

It's amazing how much savings and investment dollars one can generate when making a great salary and having zero debt for a long period of time. You should try it. :thumbsup:

I get it though, often times poor people despise successful people.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

No need. DeVry did me just right. Financially, I haven't had a worry in the world for over the past 10 years.

It's amazing how much savings and investment dollars one can generate when making a great salary and having zero debt for a long period of time. You should try it. :thumbsup:

I get it though, often times poor people despise successful people.

If we cut all foreign aid and useless social programs we could do cool stuff like this. Not to mention build the reserves back up.

It's funny, but not really worth discussing. She won't win the dumbocrat nomination let alone sniff the White House

On day two, can we limit her powers as Commander and Chief?  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

If we cut all foreign aid and useless social programs we could do cool stuff like this. Not to mention build the reserves back up.

What’s cool about it?

3 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

On day two, can we limit her powers as Commander and Chief?  

Only if she kills a terrorist. :nono:

Depends on who you owe. Owe the Government? Yeah, I guess she could do something about that? Owe a bank or some other type of private sector lender? Good luck. They’re getting paid. Guess who’s paying? 

22 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

What’s cool about it?

I just don't entirely oppose socialized education as long as there is a private option as well. I do oppose foreign aid though.

She should name Oprah as her running jnf mate so we can all get free cars as well.

54 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I just don't entirely oppose socialized education as long as there is a private option as well. I do oppose foreign aid though.

Do you wish healthcare was socialized?

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Do you wish healthcare was socialized?

Not really passionate enough about healthcare at this point in my life to have an opinion. 100% Gov Doctors and hospitals seems a bit sketchy though so I would say no.  It's also important to note that I would only support a socialized education system if there was a private option as well...otherwise it would be a big no from me. 

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

She says that she can by-pass Congress.  :wacko:

But the Courts will stop her and she knows this. Unfortunately the college educated fools that will vote for her don’t know this.

How-a-bout ending any predatory lending and maybe freeze interest rate or even nullify current interest rates where borrowers only pay the principal owed?

Something like that "could" get bipartisan support all the while just not giving certain people (those who currently have college debt) something totally free which only rewards bad behavior/  decisions.

We all want $50K a year and a refugee to clean our houses. And no male refugees, young and female only.

Instead of that why doesn’t she just try to lower the cost of college and textbooks? It’s one of the biggest scams there is. Pay $800 for books. Sell them back and get only $40. Buy it used and it’s only discounted to $720 

56 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

We all want $50K a year and a refugee to clean our houses. And no male refugees, young and female only.

I'd settle for a Chinese spy to drive me around town. 

57 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Instead of that why doesn’t she just try to lower the cost of college and textbooks? It’s one of the biggest scams there is. Pay $800 for books. Sell them back and get only $40. Buy it used and it’s only discounted to $720 

No one looks at cost containment. Healthcare, education, etc.