Sign in to follow this  
TBayXXXVII

2020 Chargers.... Tank for Trevor

Apparently no one was interested in talking about this on the fantasy board, so I "Peenie'd" it there and I'll take a shot with you guys.  Here's my thoughts...

Rivers is a free agent and it seems like they don't really want to bring him back.

Gordon is a free agent and they didn't want to pay him last year, and I don't think Gordon did anything to change their minds.

Oft-injured Hunter Henry is a free agent.

Keenan Allen is going into the last year of his contract and will be 28.  Not that 28 is old, but a new 4-year deal would put him at 32 and will they want a WR costing that much at that age?

Also, Mike Williams has 2 years left.

I'm thinking they tag one of the 3 free agents, probably Gordon, and let the other 2 walk.  Then trade Allen, for whom, they should easily be able to get a #1... especially if they want it next year.  Not sure anything happens with Williams, but I can definitely see them trading him at a good price.  Depleting the offense of talent and adding future picks would all but ensure them a top 3 pick and give them the fire power to move up to #1 if needed.

Your thoughts?

Gordon walks.  They have Ekeler who is still cheap.  

Rivers walks.  

They draft a QB in the first this year.  Rebuild, but I don't think that they can tank for Lawrence.  

Gordon gone, they put the highest tag on Ekeler and roll with Ekeler and Jackson, draft a guy in a deep RB class

Rivers is gone, they draft Tua at 6 and let him come in behind Taylor (who is a solid stop gap)

16 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Gordon gone, they put the highest tag on Ekeler and roll with Ekeler and Jackson, draft a guy in a deep RB class

Rivers is gone, they draft Tua at 6 and let him come in behind Taylor (who is a solid stop gap)

Miami takey Tua at 5. Maybe you get Shamus Winston for some clab regs and a new Ubeh account. 

Trade up to 3 and take your QB of the future. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Lawrence would be a better fit in Tampa, Miami or Jax.  He's a big Christian can't imagine him wanting to live in Ca.

I can’t see tagging Gordon. He’s not special and RB isn’t a position you tag unless you’re getting a truly elite player.

My guess is they go Tua if he’s there (unlikely) or Justin Herbert and bring Rivers back for one more “bridge” year.

Brady opens up the new stadium, they make the playoffs but lose to Rivers / Belickick in the divisional round. 

Bill gets Rivers his ring. 

Rivers can dump it off to the rb just as well as Brady. 

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Brady opens up the new stadium, they make the playoffs but lose to Rivers / Belickick in the divisional round. 

Bill gets Rivers his ring. 

They meet week 10,  3-6 vs 2-7.  Neither Rivers or Brady is in the stadium. 

The Chargers are very very likely to take a QB in round 1 this year.  Tua and Justin Herbert are both mobile QBs which are EXACTLY what Anthony Lynn desires.  He inherited Rivers but brought in Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick (both of which are mobile QBs).  Lynn believes that, in his system, a mobile QB opens up the running game a ton.  He really wants to get rid of Rivers.  Since this is a big need for Lynn, I wouldn't put it past the Chargers' brass to trade up to select the QB they want, in fact.

I would be surprised if Tom Brady comes to the Chargers because he's not mobile either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

They meet week 10,  3-6 vs 2-7.  Neither Rivers or Brady is in the stadium. 

Pat's wont fall that hard. It's not like theyre the redskins or some other suck ass organization.  

pats 3 and 13  Trevor +1

46 minutes ago, riversco said:

The Chargers are very very likely to take a QB in round 1 this year.  Tua and Justin Herbert are both mobile QBs which are EXACTLY what Anthony Lynn desires.  He inherited Rivers but brought in Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick (both of which are mobile QBs).  Lynn believes that, in his system, a mobile QB opens up the running game a ton.  He really wants to get rid of Rivers.  Since this is a big need for Lynn, I wouldn't put it past the Chargers' brass to trade up to select the QB they want, in fact.

I would be surprised if Tom Brady comes to the Chargers because he's not mobile either.

this, I could see them making a play for Taysom Hill, hes the ideal fit, no sure if the Saints will tag him with the highest avail

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

this, I could see them making a play for Taysom Hill, hes the ideal fit, no sure if the Saints will tag him with the highest avail

Taysom Hill is an interesting one.  The Saints have to figure out what Brees wants to do and then they decide what to do with Bridgewater.  If they don't sign either, then they will have about $23M in dead money from the two in 2020. 

They will tender Hill.  Question is whether it is for a first ($4.67m) or a 2nd ($3.27m).  He is 30 years old, so this is not some young kid.  

6 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Taysom Hill is an interesting one.  The Saints have to figure out what Brees wants to do and then they decide what to do with Bridgewater.  If they don't sign either, then they will have about $23M in dead money from the two in 2020. 

They will tender Hill.  Question is whether it is for a first ($4.67m) or a 2nd ($3.27m).  He is 30 years old, so this is not some young kid.  

yah, I cant see them breaking the bank on Hill, I am guessing a 2, but some team might want to give him a chance to compete as a starting QB.  He was hurt alot in college, but hes young in terms of wear in the NFL

I think the Saints give Brees another year and sign Bridge 3 years and let Taysom walk

if the Saints let Brees go, they sign Bridge and I could see Brees return to the Chargers (wouldn't that be fitting) and the Chargers take Tua/Herbert to learn behind Brees 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Trade up to 3 and take your QB of the future. :thumbsup:

Trade up from 3 to 2 and do it :o

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Lawrence would be a better fit in Tampa, Miami or Jax.  He's a big Christian can't imagine him wanting to live in Ca.

I dont think he is a snowflake

He has the hair for CA

Wasnt Rivers a traditional bible belt Christian?

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

He has the hair for CA

he has 17 kids, so yea

14 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

He has the hair for CA

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

he has 17 kids, so yea

LA is a lot different than SD, no?  San Diego knows that there are Republican's and they're allowed to vote for them.  I think in LA, if you're not a Democrat, they kick you out.

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

He has the hair for CA

I don't think he is the LA type. Plus the hair will be gone once he goes pro.

If I was a lock for the first round I would pull an Eli and make it clear I won't play for any west coast teams 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eli

That would be very funny