Sign in to follow this  
‘Punky Brewster’ sequel series ordered at Peacock...

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/punky-brewster-sequel-series-peacock-1203469051/

Peacock is putting Punky in prime position.

NBCUniversal’s upcoming streaming service has officially greenlit a follow-up series to the classic sitcom “Punky Brewster.” The announcement was made Thursday just hours before NBCU is set to demonstrate the service in a presentation for investors.

The new “Punky Brewster” will see the return of original series star Soleil Moon Frye as well as Cherie Johnson. In the new version, Punky (Frye) is now a single mother of three trying to get her life back on track when she meets Izzy (Quinn Copeland), a young girl in the foster system who reminds Punky a lot of her younger self.

In addition to Copeland, new cast members include Lauren Donzis, Oliver De Los Santos, and Noah Cottrell. Freddie Prinze Jr. guest stars in the pilot as Punky’s ex-husband. Peacock has ordered a 10-episode first season.

“I am beyond thrilled and honored to be bringing Punky back!” Frye said. “I’m grateful to our NBCUniversal Content Studios and Peacock family and to our incredible team of creators, writers, producers, cast and crew that have put their hearts into this journey every step of the way. It is with great love for the amazing people who were such a pivotal part of creating the Punky magic that I will do my very best to honor their memory as we once again share Punky with the people that love her and a new generation discovering her for the first time. To our incredible fans who have stood by us, thank you for believing in me and I will do my best to make you proud. I love you. Punky Power forever!”

“Punky Brewster” is produced by Universal Content Productions and Universal Television, which are divisions of the recently christened NBCUniversal Content Studios.

Steve and Jim Armogida serve as writers and executive producers. Frye executive produces along with original series creator David Duclon. Jimmy Fox of Main Even Media also executive produces, as does Jonathan Judge, who directed the pilot.

Among the other shows already ordered at Peacock is a third season of the NBC comedy “AP Bio,” as well as originals like “Angelyne,” “Dr. Death,” “Brave New World,” and a follow-up to “Saved by the Bell.” Peacock does not have a launch date at the time of this publishing but is expected to officially debut in April.

When it comes to Soleil Moon Frye, the most obvious question is "Can size?"

At least this year as I think that she has had them change a few times.  

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

When it comes to Soleil Moon Frye, the most obvious question is "Can size?"

At least this year as I think that she has had them change a few times.  

Yes, she did suffer from gigantomastia...

You mean they're not going to reimagine the series where Punky is a young confused transgender Muslim boy?  That's refreshing.

I never watched Party of Five when it was on, but saw an ad for a new version where it's a Mexican family where the parents have been deported. I wish I was kidding. 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

I never watched Party of Five when it was on, but saw an ad for a new version where it's a Mexican family where the parents have been deported. I wish I was kidding. 

My wife loved Party of Five when the original came on...  She heard about this reboot and was excited and then heard that you saw...  She said she will never even think about watching it...

Kind of like the "One Day at a Time" reboot that is now a Hispanic family...

In the new version, Punky (Frye) is now a single mother of three trying to get her life back on track when she meets Izzy (Quinn Copeland), a young girl in the foster system who reminds Punky a lot of her younger self.

I'll pass.

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Depends.  Does Izzy have a rockin' body?  :o

I'm guessing Izzy is going to 8 years old, so I'm going to say that she probably won't have a rockin' body.

LOL... NAILED IT!!!  She'll be 8 next month.  Quinn Copeland - Izzy

Was just coming to post that she was eight and probably looks like a 2-by-4...

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm guessing Izzy is going to 8 years old, so I'm going to say that she probably won't have a rockin' body.

LOL... NAILED IT!!!  She'll be 8 next month.  Quinn Copeland - Izzy

🤮

Pass.  Although I have to admit that I never watched the original.  I remember seeing Punky on Wonder Years when she was just starting to get those huge cans.

10 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

🤮

Pass.  Although I have to admit that I never watched the original.  I remember seeing Punky on Wonder Years when she was just starting to get those huge cans.

Yeah, I never actually saw any episodes either.  I don't remember seeing the Wonder Years, but I do remember the show.  I may have delve into the archives to see if I can find Punky's episode in The Wonder Years.

I'll only watch it if it's woke enough

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The new Star Trek series, Picard, is going woke.  That's the only way Patrick Stewart would participate.  So you can watch as they try to destroy a franchise.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

The new Star Trek series, Picard, is going woke.  That's the only way Patrick Stewart would participate.  So you can watch as they try to destroy a franchise.

It's not woke enough. Picard should be played by a black trans asian sexual robot.  

46 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Well, I think it might qualify.  A single mom.  A black (female), best friend.  A white husband (ex), who ditches her.  Of the 3 children, the foster child is a girl, another child is a girl, and the third is Hispanic (which is why they chose Freddie Prinze Jr - because he's half Spanish).  Obviously, the best friend (black woman), is married with a child.  So, at this point in time... no white men.

It won't be the same without that old dude.  :(

"pahnnKAYYYY!"

Is he still with us?  :( 

51 minutes ago, MDC said:

Holding out for the Small Wonder reboot. :bandana: 

Was that the bizarre robot one? 

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Was that the bizarre robot one? 

She had a name. Vicky. 🙄

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No, passed away a few years ago.

Wow, guy made it all the way to 98.  Passed away in 2016.  :(

Next you're going to tell me that Brandon is no longer with us either.  :(

1 hour ago, MDC said:

She had a name. Vicky. 🙄

I wouldn't mind a reboot where Vicky is a grown up sex bot.  As long as they make it a female and not an inclusive mix du jour. 

I’ll probably watch it since I currently don’t have anything else to watch. 
:Gomer:

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2020 at 2:19 PM, posty said:

My wife loved Party of Five when the original came on...  She heard about this reboot and was excited and then heard that you saw...  She said she will never even think about watching it...

Kind of like the "One Day at a Time" reboot that is now a Hispanic family...

Lacey Chabert...queen of hallmark was a fiver

On 1/16/2020 at 2:06 PM, posty said:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/punky-brewster-sequel-series-peacock-1203469051/

Peacock is putting Punky in prime position.

NBCUniversal’s upcoming streaming service has officially greenlit a follow-up series to the classic sitcom “Punky Brewster.” The announcement was made Thursday just hours before NBCU is set to demonstrate the service in a presentation for investors.

The new “Punky Brewster” will see the return of original series star Soleil Moon Frye as well as Cherie Johnson. In the new version, Punky (Frye) is now a single mother of three trying to get her life back on track when she meets Izzy (Quinn Copeland), a young girl in the foster system who reminds Punky a lot of her younger self.

In addition to Copeland, new cast members include Lauren Donzis, Oliver De Los Santos, and Noah Cottrell. Freddie Prinze Jr. guest stars in the pilot as Punky’s ex-husband. Peacock has ordered a 10-episode first season.

“I am beyond thrilled and honored to be bringing Punky back!” Frye said. “I’m grateful to our NBCUniversal Content Studios and Peacock family and to our incredible team of creators, writers, producers, cast and crew that have put their hearts into this journey every step of the way. It is with great love for the amazing people who were such a pivotal part of creating the Punky magic that I will do my very best to honor their memory as we once again share Punky with the people that love her and a new generation discovering her for the first time. To our incredible fans who have stood by us, thank you for believing in me and I will do my best to make you proud. I love you. Punky Power forever!”

“Punky Brewster” is produced by Universal Content Productions and Universal Television, which are divisions of the recently christened NBCUniversal Content Studios.

Steve and Jim Armogida serve as writers and executive producers. Frye executive produces along with original series creator David Duclon. Jimmy Fox of Main Even Media also executive produces, as does Jonathan Judge, who directed the pilot.

Among the other shows already ordered at Peacock is a third season of the NBC comedy “AP Bio,” as well as originals like “Angelyne,” “Dr. Death,” “Brave New World,” and a follow-up to “Saved by the Bell.” Peacock does not have a launch date at the time of this publishing but is expected to officially debut in April.

So what?

The writeup doesnt make sense.  It called her a single mother of 3, but she has an ex-husband.  So she is a divorcee.