Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Antonio Brown Alienates His Own Agent

Honestly I"m surprised he didnt fire his agent for not getting him a new gig.

AB should thank his lucky stars that Pitt did such a masterful job of masking his douchebaggery all those years.  Back at the beginning of the season I actually thought something caused him to have a mental breakdown, and I felt for the guy.  It’s clear now that he’s just a scumbag in every sense of the word.  I hope he never gets the honor of catching another pass in the NFL.

Pitt did do a great job of hiding Browns issues, I think they didn’t mind doing so, since Brown was for many seasons the best wr in the game. 

17 hours ago, Smileseers said:

AB has CTE.  

Sadly that fact will only be proven after his death.  Even then, I doubt many will understand.

Dude was being an @ss and a locker room problem LONG before Vontez Burficit laid him out.

Dude went from Madden ‘19 cover to out of the league. Peyton Hillis is impressed.

I can buy into the theory that Brown has been getting progressively worse as time goes on. I might even buy CTE enough to not rule it out. Regardless, it’s sad and it is already leading to folks chasing around weird/jerk WRs looking for the next AB. OBJ has been selected. He’s got a nice portfolio: stuck on Cleveland, rando jerk incidents on and off field, injuries, and he’s loved by rappers/talk-singers. Let’s see how it goes.

3 hours ago, jimaveli said:

Dude went from Madden ‘19 cover to out of the league. Peyton Hillis is impressed.

I can buy into the theory that Brown has been getting progressively worse as time goes on. I might even buy CTE enough to not rule it out. Regardless, it’s sad and it is already leading to folks chasing around weird/jerk WRs looking for the next AB. OBJ has been selected. He’s got a nice portfolio: stuck on Cleveland, rando jerk incidents on and off field, injuries, and he’s loved by rappers/talk-singers. Let’s see how it goes.

AB isn’t getting progressively worse.   Looks like this had been who he is from the beginning.

A lot of these WRs have been labeled as “diva’s” for a long time.  OBJ isn’t anywhere close to AB imo.  Not because he’s not a jerk, but because he hasn’t really done anything in his career except make a few SportsCenter catches.

We’re in the right place to discuss Odell. IMO, far too many folks think fantasy football is football. That’s how a Odell type of player could get miscast as some kind of team/offense fixer elixir. Truth is: he’s a good football player but he has limitations: size, health issues, and he wasn’t a great candidate to be ‘good at being famous’. And duh, he’s not team leader material. As a wr, this is fine.

But, because of New York, stats, highlights, Madden animations, and people winning fantasy leagues with him, too many folks acted like he’s the same as a Tyreek Hill or even a Michael Thomas. And holy moly, he’s not as good as best days Antonio Brown. That was never his game to me. He had a bunch of stats because of volume and several defenses being dumb enough to cover him 1 on 1 early on in his career. And Eli would throw it to him when it didn’t make sense to do so because Eli.

To me, he’s Emmanuel Sanders with too much attention and funny hair, if that: a good player who can be key at times but no one should be having to rig an offense around him every week. And no one should be picking him as their plug and play wr1 in fantasy. Even with all of that, Sanders is a good player! No one seems to hate him, right? So if Odell is at least that level of player the rest of his career, it should be fine. I just don’t know if he can get out of his own way, get healthy, and stop being assumed to be a Hopkins type of player long enough to do it.

I thinking of ranking Beckham as a wr1 going into this spring.  

But with hesitation, based on new coach.  

But if they can rework Mayfield into a starting nfl Qb would help. 

The Beckham had one of those starting QBs when he was with the Gmen. 

Heck there were times that without Big Ben Brown wasn’t even worth starting in ff. 

And im one of those that looks at ff as football, I think today’s game stinks and is extremely boring.  

And this is a ff site, so I’m sold that without betting and ff I wouldn’t have anything’s to do with the game. 

Thanks.  

At this point you would have to be insane to hire antonio

12 hours ago, jimaveli said:

We’re in the right place to discuss Odell. IMO, far too many folks think fantasy football is football. That’s how a Odell type of player could get miscast as some kind of team/offense fixer elixir. Truth is: he’s a good football player but he has limitations: size, health issues, and he wasn’t a great candidate to be ‘good at being famous’. And duh, he’s not team leader material. As a wr, this is fine.

But, because of New York, stats, highlights, Madden animations, and people winning fantasy leagues with him, too many folks acted like he’s the same as a Tyreek Hill or even a Michael Thomas. And holy moly, he’s not as good as best days Antonio Brown. That was never his game to me. He had a bunch of stats because of volume and several defenses being dumb enough to cover him 1 on 1 early on in his career. And Eli would throw it to him when it didn’t make sense to do so because Eli.

To me, he’s Emmanuel Sanders with too much attention and funny hair, if that: a good player who can be key at times but no one should be having to rig an offense around him every week. And no one should be picking him as their plug and play wr1 in fantasy. Even with all of that, Sanders is a good player! No one seems to hate him, right? So if Odell is at least that level of player the rest of his career, it should be fine. I just don’t know if he can get out of his own way, get healthy, and stop being assumed to be a Hopkins type of player long enough to do it.

“Because Eli” won 2 Super Bowls before that clown ever came  on the scene. 

Yep. And he played well in both of those. For clarity, the point there was a simple one I thought: Eli made a lot of risky throws...lots of which led to ints. Lots of ints. It also led to a lot of stats for his #1 WRs over the years...stats that several players couldn’t produce without Eli giving them lots of chances to make contested catches.

On 1/19/2020 at 2:52 PM, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Dude was being an @ss and a locker room problem LONG before Vontez Burficit laid him out.

i tend to think the behavior seems like brain injury issues that are progressive in nature.

i do not tend to think any one hit or even necessarily ONLY hits sustained in the nfl are the culprit.  it could be that he already had some brain damage from prior hits and then hits like the Burfict hit sent him "over the edge".  regardless, whether he has brain damage or he is just an ass or somewhere in between (most likely, imo) - it's sad

Now he has had an arrest warrant issued for him for battery, but the police have been unable to contact him.

They now have contact 

Judge ordered a mental health examination for him. 

So we're about to learn what we already know. He's lost his mind and is clinically insane.

Took long enough. Guy has been a danger to everyone around him for a year. 

Yep...there goes his chances to join a CFL team.

Nothing left AB....oh maybe good sideshow for WWE?

On 1/24/2020 at 12:15 PM, Ironmen said:

Yep...there goes his chances to join a CFL team.

Nothing left AB....oh maybe good sideshow for WWE?

he wasnt gonna join a CFL team.  Not with active legal issues anyways.

I also think his ego wouldnt allow him to do it anyways.

i wonder how long a guy with no salary can maintain an entourage like his.  although, i'm not sure how his history of not paying his bills factors in to the equation