Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Lego Masters

My son was invited to participate in the MINI BRICK FACTOR: SEARCH FOR THE 2020 MINI MASTER BUILDER contest at legoland. :dunno:

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Looks pretty cool on the commercials. :dunno:

My kids should enjoy it. 

I might give it a shot. Interesting the kinds of stuff people can come up with. 

28 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

I'd build a nice rack.

I gotta know what peenie would build. Not that I want to see the result...

Did anyone watch this this week. Pretty interesting for the first show. 

I'm all in on brick master Amy. I like them tall and thin. :banana: They have always been the wonderful story of my life. :pointstosky:

The reason this is a thing is because LEGO has had a huge resurgence in recent years among adults (similar to the gamer culture crowd). There are big communities that obsess over and collect certain sets and parts. You will notice sets are expensive as hell because of this interest. My 7yr old nephew loves LEGO and my brother was shocked how much they cost. 

I did always live LEGO though and it’s a cooler hobby and obsession for adults than the My little pony fad from awhile back at least lol.

Production needs work...to much horrible Arnett.  Too many camera switches and not showing the building process.  I lijed the end where they showed all they did...but just shut will arnett up...focus on the cool designs and stuff.

19 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Production needs work...to much horrible Arnett.  Too many camera switches and not showing the building process.  I lijed the end where they showed all they did...but just shut will arnett up...focus on the cool designs and stuff.

Yeah. I think they are needing to work it out quick because I can't see this going more than 2 years. Not that I don't like it, but how much can you do with lego over the long haul?

Especially with what they started out with. Holy cow. 

When surprisingly no one was boot off (per the rules at the start of the show) and everyone was allowed to return, I turned it off. 

On 2/8/2020 at 7:36 PM, Baker Boy said:

When surprisingly no one was boot off (per the rules at the start of the show) and everyone was allowed to return, I turned it off. 

Well, that's ok in my opinion to start a new series. It's just the start of it all. I bet they take all the feedback in after show 1.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:29 AM, sderk said:

What the heck? Throw it at the wall and see if it sticks. :dunno:

That’s not how LEGOs work. 

1 hour ago, frank said:

That’s not how LEGOs work. 

On the first episode they said that there is no 's' to be used on LEGO. :dunno:

13 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Well, that's ok in my opinion to start a new series. It's just the start of it all. I bet they take all the feedback in after show 1.

I can’t waste my time on a competition that changes the rules as the game goes on!

On 1/18/2020 at 10:43 AM, Cdub100 said:

My son was invited to participate in the MINI BRICK FACTOR: SEARCH FOR THE 2020 MINI MASTER BUILDER contest at legoland. :dunno:

Did they deny his application for special Olympics?   

(sorry too easy)

these are badass:

I am a Lego “Technics” fan. I have 4 pieces that are over $250 each and countless other smaller ones. 

To justify each of the expensive ones they were all 2 in 1 sets. So I built the first version then took it apart then built the second version. All four sets I liked the first version better so I got three builds out of each set. Now they sit on a shelf in my office. 

As for the show it’s quirky but I liked it.