Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

UFC 246...tonight

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

McGregor should be favored, but a -280 favorite?   Seems high considering he hasn't won a fight since Nov 2016.  Obviously people are just betting the big name. 

Usually older big name fighters like this are good for betting the opposite. The hype screws up the odds.... Mike Tyson vs Holyfield, Pacquiao vs  Mayweather, McGregor vs Mayweather, etc. 

Cowboy is getting better odds than he deserves, but I don't love his chances so I ain't betting it. Ain't betting McGregor either at those ridiculous odds. Looking down the road, I hope McGregor wins tonight - hype-train keeps rolling, and his next opponent (rematch with Kabib maybe) offers a chance to clean up.

I took cowboy at +250.  Makes watching the fight more interesting.

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

I took cowboy at +250.  Makes watching the fight more interesting.

Cowboy should be the dog, but not THAT big of a dog. It's a smart bet.

And that right there is why I don't pay for UFC.  Dana white saved the organization and now is making it a laughing stock.  But I guess as long as he gets rich he doesn't care about the integrity of the sport.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

And that right there is why I don't pay for UFC.  Dana white saved the organization and now is making it a laughing stock.  But I guess as long as he gets rich he doesn't care about the integrity of the sport.

Yeah..damn that Dana white forcing cerrones nose into his shoulder....

1 minute ago, lickin_starfish said:

What happened?

Cowboy's nose ate McGregor's shoulder and then a face kick dropped him. Bombs ended it.  40 seconds.

The MgGregor hype train is building more steam. 

27 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

What happened?

Connor missed a punch.. clinched.. Conner hit Cowboy with his shoulder in the face 3 times.. broke his nose.. busted his eye.. then kicked him in the face... done...

1 hour ago, lickin_starfish said:

What happened?

Connor fought a tomato can, made big coin because he's made a name for himself as a great fighter, when in actuality, he's average at MMA.  He's average at boxing.

They won't give him low-level wrestlers because they'd probably win a boring fight, and Connor would get a loss -- and it wouldn't generate the revenue they want.

They give him high level wrestler/fighters (Khabib) and Connor/UFC make money even though Connor is much, much much the inferior fighter.

Its not the way it is, but I wish it was -- That in the UFC, you'd make money to a superior fighter, not a superior actor/attention getter.

UFC is getting dumb.

All the talk is "Connor this..." "Connor that...", "Did you see what Connor did to the guy!!!"

Did everyone forget?! -- The first great fighter he fought (Khabib) made Connor look like a drunken Downs Syndrome 11 year old boy fighting vs a man?  

So, he's fought a great fighter (Khabib) and lost big time.  He's fought a great boxer (Mayweather) and lost big time. 

He's flashy and fun when feeding him tomato cans. 

Getting more like the WWE every card..

Still love it when an elbow cuts someone open and the fighters look like a crime scene!!

8 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Connor fought a tomato can, made big coin because he's made a name for himself as a great fighter, when in actuality, he's average at MMA.  He's average at boxing.

They won't give him low-level wrestlers because they'd probably win a boring fight, and Connor would get a loss -- and it wouldn't generate the revenue they want.

They give him high level wrestler/fighters (Khabib) and Connor/UFC make money even though Connor is much, much much the inferior fighter.

Its not the way it is, but I wish it was -- That in the UFC, you'd make money to a superior fighter, not a superior actor/attention getter.

UFC is getting dumb.

All the talk is "Connor this..." "Connor that...", "Did you see what Connor did to the guy!!!"

Did everyone forget?! -- The first great fighter he fought (Khabib) made Connor look like a drunken Downs Syndrome 11 year old boy fighting vs a man?  

So, he's fought a great fighter (Khabib) and lost big time.  He's fought a great boxer (Mayweather) and lost big time. 

He's flashy and fun when feeding him tomato cans. 

Yeah he beat that stiff Jose Aldo who hadn't lost in a decade. What a tomato can he was. 

And nate Diaz is a tomato can? GTFOH

14 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

If these fights were $10 on pay per view, I might consider watching them live. I'm not paying $80+ for something I can download for free the following day.

Just Periscope them....havent paid for fights in years. 

16 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

If these fights were $10 on pay per view, I might consider watching them live. I'm not paying $80+ for something I can download for free the following day.

What planet do you live on?  EVERY sport is free on-line. Has been for well over a decade.  The reason PPV is still in business is because old people don't know that, or can't figure out how to stream to their giant TVs.

Sportsurge.net  ..... use AdBlock plus. 

It was a setup fight.  Cerrone has always been a good fighter but if you look down his record he is clearly a gatekeeper.  Beats the guys he should.  Loses to anyone on or above his level.  It has always been the case.  Cerrone has become chinny and he is very hittable especially against a guy like conor.

This was a showcase fight.  Cerrone was happy to be there and get paid decent.  A life time achievement sort of thing.  

Another showcase fight in Maycee Barber and she screwed the pooch.  -1000 oof..

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

It was a setup fight.  Cerrone has always been a good fighter but if you look down his record he is clearly a gatekeeper.  Beats the guys he should.  Loses to anyone on or above his level.

McGregor hadn't won an MMA fight since 2016.  Difficult to bet him at -280 odds, regardless of the setup. Cerrone isn't a total pushover. 

The shoulder shots were kind of fluky.  Take those away and start the fight over... who knows.  McGregor's chances would decline every round the fight lasted.

On 1/19/2020 at 12:05 PM, GobbleDog said:

McGregor hadn't won an MMA fight since 2016.  Difficult to bet him at -280 odds, regardless of the setup. Cerrone isn't a total pushover. 

The shoulder shots were kind of fluky.  Take those away and start the fight over... who knows.  McGregor's chances would decline every round the fight lasted.

Dont agree.  Who cares how long he was off.  Nate Diaz took 3 years off at an oldwr age and came back and easily beat Pettis.

Id rather take years off than be coming off 2 TKO losses.  

Again Cerrone doesnt beat top guys. Never has.  His only chance was to tey and grapple and we all know he is too stubborn to try that anyway.  He said as much in the lead up.

It was a hand picked fight for Conors comeback.  The UFC and Conor knew what they were doing.  Cerrone is awful vs southpaws.  He is getting chinny.  And he is easily hittable.  

Cerrone isnt a can.  But he is a guy who is at the end of his career who has taken a ton of damage. 

It was a showcase fight.