49ers v Chiefs: Super Bowl  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers
    • don't give a rat's ass

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

He's not playing the Saints.

Really? As a KC fan I hope he crashes and burns,my point however was that he's also shown he can hang in a shootout and it's not like the Saints D was pure trash this season.

1 minute ago, nzoner said:

Really? As a KC fan I hope he crashes and burns,my point however was that he's also shown he can hang in a shootout and it's not like the Saints D was pure trash this season.

It was impressive........ but Brees and the Saints ain't no KC and Mahomes.

Gonna be a great game, can't wait.

Jimmy G has more than proved this year he can win games with his arm.  There was no reason to on Sunday.  

I don't think anybody thinks the 9'ers can beat KC with 8 pass attempts.  There will be a different game plan for KC, obviously.  We'll see how KC handles the rushing attack.

I tend to favor the better QB in the SB.  I trust Mahomes on a game winning drive more than Jimmy.  KC doesnt have the best defense but what the Packers displayed sunday night was as bad as it can get in the NFL.  Chiefs even with a sub par defense isnt going to just let them run anything like that.

That said, like I have said for a while, Shannahan is a great coach.  He is 2 steps ahead of everyone else.  His playcalling is 2nd to none.

Should be a good game.  

Ill go 31-27 Chiefs

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Jimmy G. went 6/8, 77 yards and no TDs in a romp of GB.

Everyone but Packers homers knew their defense was overrated, but still...

If Niners fans think Jimmy can get away with throwing it 8 times, and expect to beat this KC team - they're nuts.

That was not their game plan. They were running effectively, so continued throughout the day. 

I would not be surprised if shanny runs heavier passing plays to start the game to get them off balance.

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I tend to favor the better QB in the SB.  I trust Mahomes on a game winning drive more than Jimmy.  KC doesnt have the best defense but what the Packers displayed sunday night was as bad as it can get in the NFL.  Chiefs even with a sub par defense isnt going to just let them run anything like that.

That said, like I have said for a while, Shannahan is a great coach.  He is 2 steps ahead of everyone else.  His playcalling is 2nd to none.

Should be a good game.  

Ill go 31-27 Chiefs

I'm quite sure he'll be looking to keep his foot on the gas after watching what the Pats did to the Falcons when he last coached in the SB.

so, which team gets to wear red?

22 minutes ago, taco breath said:

so, which team gets to wear red?

kcc is home... their choice.

my understanding is that SF will wear white jersey with tan pants.

If the Chiefs win, Patrick Mahomes becomes only the second player ever to be on the cover of Madden and win the super bowl in the same year.  The other is Rob Gronkowski in 2016.

This is a weird year for me. I find myself just not giving a chit. Maybe closer to the game I will. I have no bets, nothing, no vested interest really.

I guess I want KC to win so the fat man finally gets his and SF doesn't get a 6th

1 minute ago, edjr said:

This is a weird year for me. I find myself just not giving a chit. Maybe closer to the game I will. I have no bets, nothing, no vested interest really.

I was wondering if that was the case since you are the one that seems to run the Super Bowl squares here and I have not seen a thread on it, unless I overlooked it...

4 minutes ago, posty said:

I was wondering if that was the case since you are the one that seems to run the Super Bowl squares here and I have not seen a thread on it, unless I overlooked it...

I had thought of it.   Thanks for reminding me.

• Like 1

yesterday was the best pro bowl evah :thumbsup:

Dear Chiefs,

Please let any news out of MIAMI not be be followed by VICE.

Browns now have an inexperienced head coach at age 37 and an even more inexperienced GM at age 32.  Usually this is the sign of a cheap owner, but I wonder how many coaches are still drawing a paycheck from Cleveland?  I can't see how that room is going to pick players in the next draft.

"He thinks he's the football version of a Harlem Globetrotter." :lol:

I'm not a rap fan but the 49 second rap at the end is impressive

Which players on each team would become a lock for the Hall of Fame if they win a ring?  I heard Richard Sherman mentioned as one.  Others?

7 hours ago, riversco said:

Which players on each team would become a lock for the Hall of Fame if they win a ring?  I heard Richard Sherman mentioned as one.  Others?

Not a player.............but Andy Reid's ticket would more than likely be punched.

• Like 1

Some of these guys have lots more to prove, but I could see mahomes, kelce, mathieu, clark, Jones and hill being on the hall of fame path.

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Not a player.............but Andy Reid's ticket would more than likely be punched.

Absolutely

And sf's mayor said they didn't know how they would pay for a parade should it happen :lol:

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

And sf's mayor said they didn't know how they would pay for a parade should it happen :lol:

The homeless people can collect money

I keep having a nagging feeling that this one will end with the Chiefs trailing late in a close game, and then they have massive time management errors and lose and people blame the loss on Andy Reid again.  Seen it so many times.  But I have to think Mahomes overrides that problem and wills his team to the finish line in that scenario.

Who is going to cover Tyreek? Sherman can’t keep up with him. That to me is the 49’rs  biggest issue. 

54 minutes ago, edjr said:

The homeless people can collect money

they can clean up afterwards

7 minutes ago, riversco said:

I keep having a nagging feeling that this one will end with the Chiefs trailing late in a close game, and then they have massive time management errors and lose and people blame the loss on Andy Reid again.  Seen it so many times.  But I have to think Mahomes overrides that problem and wills his team to the finish line in that scenario.

you've spouted off all year about the chargers taking the division, chiefs not doing this, not going to be able to do that.  And contrary to all of that they've done what they've needed to.  So just keep up with the rhetoric please

:pointstosky:

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who is going to cover Tyreek? Sherman can’t keep up with him. That to me is the 49’rs  biggest issue. 

I think much will depend upon how much pressure the front 4 can or cannot get on mahommie.  I could see doubles/zone on hill and kelce, and rolling the dice with the other speedsters and williams.

Just now, Bier Meister said:

I think much will depend upon how much pressure the front 4 can or cannot get on mahommie.  I could see doubles/zone on hill and kelce, and rolling the dice with the other speedsters and williams.

I don’t see it. Mahomes moves in the pocket very well. I can’t see the Chiefs letting SF establish that running game. I know Spagnulo pretty well. He wants this game in Garrapalos hands.   But SF has some good weapons in the pass game. I think it’s a fairly high scoring game. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t see it. Mahomes moves in the pocket very well. I can’t see the Chiefs letting SF establish that running game. I know Spagnulo pretty well. He wants this game in Garrapalos hands.   But SF has some good weapons in the pass game. I think it’s a fairly high scoring game. 

Good luck with that.

Just now, Reality said:

Good luck with that.

I know. It’s been awesome. But there is no way they allow to happen to them what the Packers did. GB just stood there and took it. I didn’t see much of an adjustment. 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t see it. Mahomes moves in the pocket very well.

again... dependent upon whether they can do it or not. he is excellent. As I mentioned... it will be up to the second man in imo

I can’t see the Chiefs letting SF establish that running game.

..... 120-130 yards as a team?

I know Spagnulo pretty well. He wants this game in Garrapalos hands.   But SF has some good weapons in the pass game. I think it’s a fairly high scoring game. 

the high % run/pass ratio was not the game plan in either game for SF.  I do not expect 40+ pass attempts, but I look for more balance...unless SF can push KCC around like they did with Minn and GBP