Jump to content
Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Recommended Posts

U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to announce the first case of Wuhan coronavirus in the U.S., in Washington state.

This virus seems to have a high mortality rate. FEAR! FEAR! FEAR!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people that drink that swill deserve to die

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm.....just a few day ago they said so far it's not contagious, now it's the 2nd biggest threat, behind global warming of course lol

both of which are Trump's fault 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Hmmm.....just a few day ago they said so far it's not contagious, now it's the 2nd biggest threat

 

I certainly read different news sites than the majority of the geeks, but i just checked. This virus story is not covered on any of them.

 

 

Based on current information, however, the immediate health risk from 2019-nCoV to the general American public is deemed to be low at this time. Nevertheless, CDC is taking proactive preparedness precautions.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html#risk-assessment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was about a new video game. Sigh....:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to announce the first case of Wuhan coronavirus in the U.S., in Washington state.

This virus seems to have a high mortality rate. FEAR! FEAR! FEAR!

Sounds like we need to open the borders even wider.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Blame Trump!!! 

I already tried doing that. They told me to take a number.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

I already died from SARS and net neutrality. 

Also MMGW and Y2K all in this century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So those masks I always see asians wearing don't actually work after all????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what you get when Titan's focks Chinese cats.  :mad: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why you dont put fruit in beer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this stuff part of the climate change thing too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I am waiting until Greta weighs in on it.

She should visit Wuhan

I double dog dare you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a good fear article from a random totally trustworthy source.

***********************************

https://blazingpress.com/breaking-11-million-people-in-china-being-quarantined-over-coronavirus-with-new-infection-now-detected-in-the-usa/

China declares marital law for 11,000,000 ppl due to cronovirus
The Chinese government has imposed a QUARANTINE of the city of Wuhan, over the outbreak and spread of a new and deadly coronavirus.
Official records say more than three-hundred (300) have become infected since the outbreak started on 31 December, but hospital staff claim more than one-thousand, seven-hundred (1700) are hospitalized with serious symptoms.

Official records say six (6) people have died from this disease, but hospital sources claim “hundreds” are already dead!

Anyone ever remember a city of 11 million placed in quarantine before?

The amount of news being dumped on this story, so fast, makes many people think they do not have this contained and are concerned this has already spread out of control.

The scalable map below shows Wuhan, China, a city with a population of 11.08 MILLION people!

Below is an announcement of a local Wuhan authority, saying that no one is allowed to leave Wuhan until the outbreak dies out.

Intelligence sources confirm to the Hal Turner Radio Show that within China, the virus is literally EXPLODING out of control. “Thousands” are already sick and the disease is spreading so fast, there’s no way to handle all the sick people.

The deadly new outbreak that started in the mainland Chinese city of Wuhan has entered the stage of transmission among families and hospitals, taking it a step closer to a full-blown community epidemic, a top Hong Kong expert warned on Tuesday.

The warning came as a study by the University of Hong Kong (HKU) estimated that the virus had already spread to 20 other mainland cities from Wuhan in Hubei province between January 1 and 17, suggesting the situation was worse than officially reported.

In the USA, a man in his 30’s is confirmed infected in Seattle, Washington after returning from a trip to Wuhan. He is described as “severely ill.”

China’s National Health Commission yesterday confirmed that the never-before-seen SARS-like coronavirus had spread between humans; And now the body has revealed the unnamed infection is spread from the lungs and may travel in saliva – such as through coughs.

Professor Zhong Nanshan, leader of the National Health Commission’s expert team, revealed the virus is likely to be spread by saliva in a press conference today.

He told the meeting: ‘As of now, it is affirmative that the new strain of coronavirus can be passed between humans.

‘The virus is spread through respiratory system and distance of impact is not long, but it is possible that the virus was passed after being stuck to saliva.’

Professor Zhong said officials must ‘quarantine the patients and stop them from contacting others’. Antibiotics will not tackle the virus because the drugs only work on bacterial infections.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the plot to one of the Resident Evil movies, anybody seen Milla Jovovich lately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said they had detected the virus  — a new type of coronavirus — in a man in Washington state.

The man, who is a resident of Snohomish County in Washington, had visited Wuhan, the Chinese city where the outbreak originated. He returned to the U.S. on Jan. 15, before the country had implemented screening for the virus at select airports. However, the man, who is in his 30s, was aware of the reports of this virus, and he reached out to his health care providers when he started experiencing symptoms, Dr. Scott Lindquist, an epidemiologist for Washington state's Department of Health, said in a news conference today.

The man is currently hospitalized at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Washington, where he is in good condition, officials said.

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-first-case-us.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Putting a quarantine now is too late. Everyone ran off for chinese new year already. 

Are you guys in China right now?  If yes, what's it like over there regarding this?  re ppl reaction, govt reaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Are you guys in China right now?  If yes, what's it like over there regarding this?  re ppl reaction, govt reaction.

Nah. We left for our month long Chinese new year holiday. Spent three or four days in Cambodia, in Singapore now, headed to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow for a couple of days. Then Sri Lanka for about 3 weeks. 

There is a case in the city we live in. That's about all I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
🤝
 
1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

 

Officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said they had detected the virus  — a new type of coronavirus — in a man in Washington state.

The man, who is a resident of Snohomish County in Washington, had visited Wuhan, the Chinese city where the outbreak originated. He returned to the U.S. on Jan. 15, before the country had implemented screening for the virus at select airports. However, the man, who is in his 30s, was aware of the reports of this virus, and he reached out to his health care providers when he started experiencing symptoms, Dr. Scott Lindquist, an epidemiologist for Washington state's Department of Health, said in a news conference today.

The man is currently hospitalized at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Washington, where he is in good condition, officials said.

 

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-first-case-us.html

Suuuuure that's what they want you to think. All is well. Don't worry, continue to consume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Suuuuure that's what they want you to think. All is well. Don't worry, continue to consume.

It may be as deadly as the swine flu, but the sample size is too small.

From what I have read the corona virus is more difficult to spread than the flu, so while it may have the same mortality rate, the actual deaths should be much lower.

 

Remember when MERS(middle eastern respiratory virus) was big news 4 years ago for a week or two. It is a corona virus as well, i currently expect this to have a similar trajectory. Panic in the media, followed by indifference.

 

I am wrong alot though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

1% mortality rate and does not seem that contagious.

It is when you have a bajillion people crammed in a hut in chiner.  USA...not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is dingby bringing this to his Chinese new year party?  :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

 

I certainly read different news sites than the majority of the geeks, but i just checked. This virus story is not covered on any of them.

 

 

 

 

odd, what news sites?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stock market falls on coronavirus arriving in US.

Stock market up after coronavirus being contained in US.

Yeah, those are actually yahoo headlines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's three provinces away from me with no reported cases anywhere remotely close to us. Still, my wife doesn't want to travel anywhere this holiday, I'd likely have to get angry to make it happen but the fact of the matter is she may be right and it's not worth the aggravation so I won't be doing it. 

With the holiday, we don't need to go anywhere. I busted my ass for two weeks but that's over as of four days ago or so. I don't need to leave the house except for runs to the market or maybe meet some friends. If/when i go downtown to go to Walmart, I'll take a taxi rather than the bus both ways. Hopefully the thing quiets down by the time school starts and my routine returns to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Stock market falls on coronavirus arriving in US.

Stock market up after coronavirus being contained in US.

Yeah, those are actually yahoo headlines.

I heard this multiple times yesterday to explain the market's drop.

Give me a break

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

I heard this multiple times yesterday to explain the market's drop.

Give me a break

Ditto. The only reason I heard about this virus was because they blamed the low market on it.

I blame the sinking market on the democrat's impeachment nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Ditto. The only reason I heard about this virus was because they blamed the low market on it.

I blame the sinking market on the democrat's impeachment nonsense.

What low market?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

What low market?

The market didn't go up 7000% yesterday so they had to blame something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 million on lockdown in 4 provinces...

Oh boy.. 

AG Riddles books start like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

20 million on lockdown in 4 provinces...

Oh boy.. 

AG Riddles books start like this

You know what's funny, his book Pandemic was selling on Amazon for $7.90 ish and jumps on January 16 to $14.99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×