Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Anyone confirm that wuhan province actually has 2 of the biggest bioweapons companies there?

7 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Anyone confirm that wuhan province actually has 2 of the biggest bioweapons companies there?

I can't trust the source (youtuber) so I'm keeping this in the rumor category.

Rumor my ass.  They recently built a level 4 lab in Wuhan that is most certainly covertly tied to their bioweapons program, then got caught stealing some of the nastiest viruses known to man from Canada.  Fock China.  Those slant-eyed mother fockers will be the death of us all.

22 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Rumor my ass.  They recently built a level 4 lab in Wuhan that is most certainly covertly tied to their bioweapons program, then got caught stealing some of the nastiest viruses known to man from Canada.  Fock China.  Those slant-eyed mother fockers will be the death of us all.

And smart too which makes them more dangerous. Not dumbasses like arabs who strap bombs to themselves and end up dead themselves. They probably tested this out on their own people and focked up as far as containing them.

The one thing I guess I have not seen is what to do IF you contract it?  Is there a treatment?  Anti-viral?  Stay in bed, lots of fluids etc? 

I've seen nothing on that

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

The one thing I guess I have not seen is what to do IF you contract it?  Is there a treatment?  Anti-viral?  Stay in bed, lots of fluids etc? 

Apparently, get on a plane.  

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Apparently, get on a plane.  

Exactly.  Have we shut down flights from China yet?  I don't think we have.  This stuff incubates with no symptoms for up to 14 days and is contagious the entire time.  It boggles my mind if we haven't yet stopped inbound flights from there.

And secondly, God bless the man but it's during times like this that someone else in the WH might put my mind more at ease.  As of this morning, all the dumb focker is tweeting about is impeachment.  

This is eerily similar to Stephen King’s The Stand. 

2 hours ago, fandandy said:

And secondly, God bless the man but it's during times like this that someone else in the WH might put my mind more at ease.  As of this morning, all the dumb focker is tweeting about is impeachment.  

And who would that be?

2 hours ago, fandandy said:

Exactly.  Have we shut down flights from China yet?  I don't think we have.  This stuff incubates with no symptoms for up to 14 days and is contagious the entire time.  It boggles my mind if we haven't yet stopped inbound flights from there.

He's handled everything from North Korea to Puerto Rico perfectly and has been right about so many other things.

It boogles my mind people still don't trust the president. Who else would you trust?

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I’ve seen this multiple times, Seek medical treatment immediately.

These chinese send anyone to cover the SB in Miami? Seems like a great way for them to spread their plague. If ya can't beat Trump on trade, go to plan B.

I don’t believe a word that comes out of China. Just sayin. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'd go with 10x their current reported deaths at a minimum.

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

China brings that on themselves with their censorship and coverups. Frankly, I'm more likely to believe any random unverified Chinese person on youtube I never heard of before than the government.

I do believe the government is NOW doing their best to contain the disease as of the last 3-4 days.

3 hours ago, 12th Man said:

This is eerily similar to Stephen King’s The Stand. 

Capt Trips.  :thumbsup:

It's been several years since I've re-read that one.

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

I’ve seen this multiple times, Seek medical treatment immediately.

GREAT!

The virus has so far killed 81 people out of a total of at least 2,800 officially confirmed cases – a death rate of around three per cent. This is a higher death rate than the Spanish Flu outbreak which, in 1918, went on to kill around 50million people.

However, experts say the true number of patients is likely considerably higher and therefore the death rate considerably lower. Imperial College London researchers estimate that there were 4,000 (up to 9,700) cases in Wuhan city alone up to January 18 – officially there were only 444 there to date. If cases are in fact 100 times more common than the official figures, the virus may be far less dangerous than currently believed.

Experts say it is likely only the most seriously ill patients are seeking help and are therefore recorded – the vast majority will have only mild, cold-like symptoms. For those whose conditions do become more severe, there is a risk of developing pneumonia which can destroy the lungs and kill you.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7933719/Incredible-footage-shows-Chinas-1-000-bed-coronavirus-hospital-taking-shape-four-days.html

This seems like poor journalism.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/26/coronavirus-link-china-biowarfare-program-possible/

The deadly animal-borne coronavirus spreading globally may have originated in a laboratory in the city of Wuhan linked to China’s covert biological weapons program, said an Israeli biological warfare analyst.

Radio Free Asia last week rebroadcast a Wuhan television report from 2015 showing China’s most advanced virus research laboratory, known the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The laboratory is the only declared site in China capable of working with deadly viruses.

This seems like poor journalism.

is it safe to fly from Santa Barbara to Denver today?  If I see a Chinaman should I run?

As fast as this thing made it's way around the world, if we ever get a real deadly one, people will be dropping like flies everywhere.

Take whatever report of how many infected and multiply it exponentially. That’s just the people who got sick, decided to go to the hospital and got checked out. Countless others who don’t see anyone and infect countless others. It’s prob more like 100k and spreading. 

What death rate % do we shut everything down? Schools, work etc...?

Assuming it's beyond containment which I believe is the case.

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

What death rate % do we shut everything down? Schools, work etc...?

Assuming it's beyond containment which I believe is the case.

Whatever the rate
it will be too late.

20 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Take whatever report of how many infected and multiply it exponentially. That’s just the people who got sick, decided to go to the hospital and got checked out. Countless others who don’t see anyone and infect countless others. It’s prob more like 100k and spreading. 

That is what my link was stating, that the number of infected is much higher than reported so that the actual death rate is much lower.

Another thing is that this kills people with pneumonia, you would expect that china would have more people with hidden lung issues due to the extremely high rate of smoking and poor air quality in the major cities. Assuming that my previously linked article is correct, this is probably less than 1% mortality in China and it is possible that we would have a lower mortality rate in the US.

Below is the link again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7933719/Incredible-footage-shows-Chinas-1-000-bed-coronavirus-hospital-taking-shape-four-days.html

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

That is what my link was stating, that the number of infected is much higher than reported so that the actual death rate is much lower.

Another thing is that this kills people with pneumonia, you would expect that china would have more people with hidden lung issues due to the extremely high rate of smoking and poor air quality in the major cities. Assuming that my previously linked article is correct, this is probably less than 1% mortality in China and it is possible that we would have a lower mortality rate in the US.

Below is the link again.

holds 1000 losers. Better build another 1000 of those 'hospitals'.

This is just a common flu and it’s killing elderly or the already sick like the flu already does in huge numbers. Calling a bogus epidemic here. Countless hypochondriacs flooding hospitals right now hoping they have it so they can feel like they are special.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

This is just a common flu and it’s killing elderly or the already sick like the flu already does in huge numbers. Calling a bogus epidemic here. Countless hypochondriacs flooding hospitals right now hoping they have it so they can feel like they are special.

It is probable that you are correct. There have been 50 people with the disease outside of china so far and so far none of them have died. This is also further evidence that the mortality rate may lower than published.

The problem is that China has a history of covering up epidemics like SARS, so you cannot say with 100% certainty. I believe if our government officials thought this was more serious they would stop all international flights from asian countries.

I think youtube, twitter, and tabloid journalism are fueling the panic.

The confirmed coronavirus in my province (Sichuan) is 90, up from 69 yesterday, and 44 , 25, and 9 two three and four days ago. The day before yesterday (44) there were no reported cases in my city. Panzhihua is on the Yunnan border and they have 26 as of today. That's if you believe the official numbers released by the Chinese government. 

Anyway, we've not gone anywhere (I'm a teacher and my classes ended a week before things went nuts so I had no reason to leave).  I've not left the house all week, but we need groceries and things, today I've got some things I've put off doing so I'll "brave" going downtown and seeing what's up. Yes, I'm putting my life and my family's on the line and I may be dead in two weeks, but the upside is that I can stock up on food and such. Another is that soon I'll actually be able to give you an update of what's going on here in daily life.

Good luck Volty. Maybe do your best variation of this:

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that any health-care workers interacting with coronavirus patients or suspected cases wear a stronger kind of mask, known as the N95 respirator, along with other precautions like gloves and eye protectors.

The N95 filters out 95% of pollutants and is “highly effective” in preventing the transmission of viruses, said Sexton."

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/coronavirus-spurs-a-run-on-face-masks-but-do-they-work/

Flight scheduled to leave Wuhan Wednesday morning (local time) with diplomats and American citizens in China.

Will be quarantined in San Francisco upon arrival.

Some pretty interesting stories of people trying to make that flight.

11 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Flight scheduled to leave Wuhan Wednesday morning (local time) with diplomats and American citizens in China.

Will be quarantined in San Francisco upon arrival.

Some pretty interesting stories of people trying to make that flight.

Going to San Francisco? They'll catch human feces disease.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Going to San Francisco? They'll catch human feces disease.

Not true.

See, the nice thing about being quarantined in San Francisco is that you get San Francisco's January weather without having to deal with the San Francisco people.  It's probably not as nice as Panzhihua this time of year, but I'd still be happy to go seeing as I wouldn't be fearing death there. 

19 hours ago, fandandy said:

I am headed to a giant trade show in Tucson where there will be plenty of people from all over the world especially China.   We will see.

3 hours ago, naomi said:

Good luck Volty. Maybe do your best variation of this:

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that any health-care workers interacting with coronavirus patients or suspected cases wear a stronger kind of mask, known as the N95 respirator, along with other precautions like gloves and eye protectors.

The N95 filters out 95% of pollutants and is “highly effective” in preventing the transmission of viruses, said Sexton."

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/coronavirus-spurs-a-run-on-face-masks-but-do-they-work/

I like that N95 but I don't think I'll be seeing it. You use what you have or can get. You can't buy any sort of mask at present. The stores are out.

Now, my wife was able to get her hands on the blue surgical masks that doctors use because we know people and so that's what I wore when I went out today. You're supposed to discard the thing after one use.... we aren't discarding it. No way. We're lucky just to have this pack of five at all because the doctor's kid is a student of ours. I took if off and now I'll stay home for the next long time and when I go out again, whenever, I'll put it back on. I just don't touch the blue part. Most people are doing without any mask at all.

Hopefully the whole thing dies down before school starts in mid February.