Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I erased the childish part.  What health expert do you want to hear from?  I happen to trust health experts are part of the plan to eradicate this impending pandemic.

You already saw this but seem to have forgotten:

The White house moved on Thursday to tighten control on coronavirus messaging by government health officials and scientists, directing them to clear all statements and public appearances with VP Mike Pence.  Dr Anthony Fauri, one of the country's leading experts on viruses and the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, told associates that the White House instructed him not to say anything else without clearance.  

Dr Fauri for starters.  They've already silenced him.

Per Governor Gavin Newsome, California is monitoring 8400 people for coronavirus.   Looks like Trump's total of 15 might be slightly off.  

California is one of only three states which can currently even detect the virus. 

So much for that January meeting, huh Drobeski?  Were they doing a fantasy baseball draft?

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

The White house moved on Thursday to tighten control on coronavirus messaging by government health officials and scientists, directing them to clear all statements and public appearances with VP Mike Pence.  Dr Anthony Fauri, one of the country's leading experts on viruses and the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, told associates that the White House instructed him not to say anything else without clearance.  😲

Ladies and gentleman, we have officially become authoritarian nation. You will only get the information that the dictator wants you to get.  Don't expect to be told how many new cases spring up every day. Trump has officially told everyone that he will release the information that he wants released. 

It is to prevent sky screaming biotches from scaring the public into a panic over a GD beer flu. Like the media and Dems have been doing for the last 72 hours, coincidentally when they also realized their leading candidate is a communist and they are going to get slaughtered in November. Their only prayer is a 50% drop in the stock market fueled by fake hysteria.

Good for Trump taking charge like a real leader.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Observer said:

In the coming weeks, we're going to be getting figures on how many people have contracted it and how many have died.  And there will be no truth to it because it's all filtered through Trump who will try to lie to the public and say there's nothing to worry about.  This is the guy who used a sharpie on a NWS map rather than admit he was wrong. 

More "facts"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

Per Governor Gavin Newsome, California is monitoring 8400 people for coronavirus.   Looks like Trump's total of 15 might be slightly off.  

California is one of only three states which can currently even detect the virus. 

So much for that January meeting, huh Drobeski?  Were they doing a fantasy baseball draft?

Gavin Newsome can't keep the shite off the streets... what a simpleton you are.  

Just now, Meglamaniac said:

More "facts"

If Trump wanted "facts" to get to the people, he wouldn't be insisting that everything filter through him first.  hth

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Monitoring equals infected, got it

Man, Newbie is getting his ass handed to him...

I guess I should thank you all for quoting his comments or I never would have seen his stupidity...

Just now, 12th Man said:

Gavin Newsome can't keep the shite off the streets... what a simpleton you are.  

Trump playbook, page 34.  If something happens in a state that reflects poorly on Trump, bring up a negative about the state and some people may think that makes the Trump fact go away.  Ooof

I'm pretty sure most of our counties can't detect it. That's why Sac Co. had to wait on the CDC. 

I haven't taken the time to figure it out yet but apparently the CDC sent out, a little while ago, tests that do not work. So the nation has a relatively small amount of tests that do work.

And then due to some FDA regulations, the private sector hasn't been able to jump in yet.

*My loose take of this multidimensional situation. Beauracracy is our Achilles heel right now.

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

If they only had a black transexual on their panel,  this could have been prevented.  

This being your hysterical crying and panic. 

:( you got him this time. 

Just now, posty said:

Man, Newbie is getting his ass handed to him...

I guess I should thank you all for quoting his comments or I never would have seen his stupidity...

Newbie has about 12 people bright red and pulling their hair out.  I'm doing just fine thank you. ;)

If Trump wanted "facts" to get to the people, he wouldn't be insisting that everything filter through him first.  hth

Panic at the Disco

It's a perfectly sound strategy to monitor what is disseminated to prevent panic

Travis AFB between Sac and San Fran has had the bulk of American evacuees. So while the state is a great candidate to have the shtf first due to big and diverse pop., it's been frontline for Americans in general so far. Lackland in TX and NE as well.

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You already saw this but seem to have forgotten:

The White house moved on Thursday to tighten control on coronavirus messaging by government health officials and scientists, directing them to clear all statements and public appearances with VP Mike Pence.  Dr Anthony Fauri, one of the country's leading experts on viruses and the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, told associates that the White House instructed him not to say anything else without clearance.  

Dr Fauri for starters.  They've already silenced him.

This guy?  

Anthony Fauci:

You know, I think you just said it. This is something to be expected.

When you have someone who is in very close contact with another individual that is infected, it is not surprising that there's transmission.

The thing that would be of concern and that we're watching very carefully is what you call sustained transmission, from one person to another to another to another.

The system here right now is that that individual who was just recently infected from a person who actually was infected in China, came here, and then infected a close partner, that that individual is now under isolation, and the contacts with whom that person came into, those individuals are now being traced.

So the public health system is now on top of that. What the concern globally is the rapid sustained person-to-person-to-person transmission, which is going on right now, certainly to a great degree in China.

And the reason the WHO declared this a public health emergency of international concern is because, in other countries outside of China, we're starting to see that sustained transmission from person to person to person. That's the thing we need to be concerned about.

But, right now, the risk in the United States is still low. But with the same breath I say that, I say we are taking this very, very seriously as public health officials and scientists.

He said this in January...before Trump took Coronavirus seriously.  lol!

You are a bottom feeder Newbie.  I can’t wait to see how you interpret this.

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Also, guess you missed this

1 minute ago, Meglamaniac said:

Panic at the Disco

It's a perfectly sound strategy to monitor what is disseminated to prevent panic

When did Trump start wanting to prevent panic?  He lives for throwing the public into panic. IT's his main weapon. When there's a caravan a 1000 miles away, is he thinking about how to keep the public calm? Or does he tell us that there are gang members and rapists on their way? 

He doesn't want to keep them calm. He wants to keep them in the dark. He's afraid of his prestigious economic numbers. If given the choice of losing 2000 points in the stock market or 2000 american lives, neither of us have an ounce of doubt which one he'd choose. Not an ounce. 

Those 8400 are in California have been flown there on purpose from other countries.  Don’t let facts get in your way Newbie!  Lol!!

He added that 8,400 people who had arrived in California from flights that came from  "points of concern" are being monitored.

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

This guy?  

Anthony Fauci:

You know, I think you just said it. This is something to be expected.

When you have someone who is in very close contact with another individual that is infected, it is not surprising that there's transmission.

The thing that would be of concern and that we're watching very carefully is what you call sustained transmission, from one person to another to another to another.

The system here right now is that that individual who was just recently infected from a person who actually was infected in China, came here, and then infected a close partner, that that individual is now under isolation, and the contacts with whom that person came into, those individuals are now being traced.

So the public health system is now on top of that. What the concern globally is the rapid sustained person-to-person-to-person transmission, which is going on right now, certainly to a great degree in China.

And the reason the WHO declared this a public health emergency of international concern is because, in other countries outside of China, we're starting to see that sustained transmission from person to person to person. That's the thing we need to be concerned about.

But, right now, the risk in the United States is still low. But with the same breath I say that, I say we are taking this very, very seriously as public health officials and scientists.

He said this in January...before Trump took Coronavirus seriously.  lol!

You are a bottom feeder Newbie.  I can’t wait to see how you interpret this.

Did you notice the part in my quote that says "Anything else"?    Now that the virus is becoming an issue here, he has put a muzzle on Fauri.

Bottom feeder is mopping the floor with you. 

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Those 8400 are in California have been flown there on purpose from other countries.  Don’t let facts get in your way Newbie!  Lol!!

Lol

Just now, Alias Detective said:

There are only three states that can currently test for it.  That's why they're in Cali

Did you notice the part in my quote that says "Anything else"?    Now that the virus is becoming an issue here, he has put a muzzle on Fauri.

Bottom feeder is mopping the floor with you. 

What about “ your guy” saying the Govt is well equipped?  In January btw!  Lol!  Focking idiot.

There are only three states that can currently test for it.  That's why they're in Cali

Who focking cares why.  You are spreading a false narrative.  Admit it.  You can do it.

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

What about “ your guy” saying the Govt is well equipped?  In January btw!  Lol!  Focking idiot.

And there are the personal attacks.  Right on cue.  You lose

Who focking cares why.  You are spreading a false narrative.  Admit it.  You can do it.

No he can't, don't kid yourself, as usual when his dis/misinformation is pointed out he'll just move on to another rant about Trump

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Who should we test?  Everyone

The funny thing is if the government showed up at people's doors asking to test you for the Coronavirus, everyone would freak the fūck out.

• Thanks 1

There are 8400 being monitored for coronavirus in California.   

That is an accurate statement.  Just because it makes you mad and makes Trump's assertion that there are only 15 in the entire country, doesn't make it a false narrative. 

When I ride the subway, I am monitoring everyone for Corona virus.

That is an accurate statement.  Just because it makes you mad and makes Trump's assertion that there are only 15 in the entire country, doesn't make it a false narrative. 

I'd love to see any source that show's Trump stated that there are only 15 people in the states being monitored for CV19

1 minute ago, Meglamaniac said:

I'd love to see any source that show's Trump stated that there are only 15 people in the states being monitored for CV19

Give him enough slack and he hangs himself.  This thread is a bad day for some in here.

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Diversity could have stopped this. 

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

The funny thing is if the government showed up at people's doors asking to test you for the Coronavirus, everyone would freak the fūck out.

That's part of the reason I asked.  If they showed up at my door I'd tell them to pound sand. 

20 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Trump playbook, page 34.  If something happens in a state that reflects poorly on Trump, bring up a negative about the state and some people may think that makes the Trump fact go away.  Ooof

Link to said playbook? I’ll wait...,

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

California has a handle on it. Lol. 

I guess you are reading from the playbook Newbie claims I read. Poor bastard 😢

"Instead of silencing the experts and having more political spin from the White House, we ought to silence the spin from the White House and hear more from the experts". -some dude on the radio

BINGO!!  Exactly. I don't care about some self-absorbed idiot trying to keep his approval rating up. I want to hear from people who actually have some knowledge about this virus. 

Just now, The Observer said:

-some dude on the radio

This is too good

Thanks, I needed a good laugh before I hit rush hour traffic

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

This is too good

Sorry dude.  It was Jake tapper's show. Not sure why it matters.  The quote is spot on. This is the first non-self-induced crisis that Trump has faced. He needs to put the safety of our citizens ahead of his campaigning.  He might even get rewarded with more votes/better approval rating if he just tried it one time.

5 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

This is too good

Jax has traffic?