Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 minute ago, Old School said:

Have any of you been out shopping lately?

3/10 in the Nashville area. The area was wracked by a tornado a week ago and the first Corona case showed up sometime in the last week as well. 

Went shopping last night at Sams Club 30 miles south of Nashville. The place is totally out of toilet paper. Maybe half a skid of Kleenex remain and some paper towels. The large 2 isles were they normally store paper products are eerily empty. All Lysol spray and Clorox wipes are gone. Medicine like Mucinex are limited to 2 per customer. Gloves were down to one box of small. 

I stopped at Home Depot for a few things while I was out and looked around while I was there. They did have toilet paper but all forms of disinfectant were gone. 

Part of it could be the good folks buying and donating to the tornado victims- or its panic buying due to the new cases of the virus in the area. 

And for anyone asking why everyone is buying so much toilet paper- it’s because the media “predicted” a shortage of toilet paper and the people followed suit and created the shortage. Crazy days are upon us.

Toilet paper is scarce at a lot of places.  No hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.  People are nuts.  Other than that, plenty of food and other stuff.  At least here in MA.  

11 hours ago, DonS said:

Looks like Inslee is going to impose cancelation of any events over 250 people.  Looks like no Sounders matches or concerts for the foreseeable future.  Was just a matter of time.  Luckily my concert calendar doesn't ramp up until May.

It’s literally on my doorstep- I guess I’m considered elderly, the virus is beginning to appear in our area- still under 7 cases so far- I work downtown at a music venue which brings in visitors from all over the world. The high rise office building across the street from our venue is where our staff parks. That building is performing a “deep clean” because one of the occupants has tested positive. 

I’m focked

7 minutes ago, Old School said:

It’s literally on my doorstep- I guess I’m considered elderly, the virus is beginning to appear in our area- still under 7 cases so far- I work downtown at a music venue which brings in visitors from all over the world. The high rise office building across the street from our venue is where our staff parks. That building is performing a “deep clean” because one of the occupants has tested positive. 

I’m focked

Where are you located you old focker? 

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

Where are you located you old focker? 

Work downtown Nashville. 
Live about 30 miles East.

If it hasn't already been done, I think this type of thread would be an interesting way to write a book.  Each page is just different posts and news stories and hearsay etc as the deadly virus gradually gets closer and closer and one by one the site members start dying.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fandandy said:

If it hasn't already been done, I think this type of thread would be an interesting way to write a book.  Each page is just different posts and news stories and hearsay etc as the deadly virus gradually gets closer and closer and one by one the site members start dying.  

You go first.

Just now, fandandy said:

No way.  I'm the hero in the story.

The inspiring true story of how the sole remaining GC member took it upon himself to service all the widows (and moms) of those members who have passed. 

19 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

My God this type a racism peddling is so tiresome.  Shut the fuk up 

This is why words like "racism" lose their meaning.  One of my gauges for a good Asian restaurant is the percentage of Asian people who eat there.  There aren't a lot of Asians relatively speaking in Phoenix, so if you find a dim sum place full of Asians, you know it is good.  With that backdrop, and Asia being ground zero for this thing, is is not unrealistic to predict a higher likelihood of getting coronavirus at such a place.

That being said, sushi is my favorite cuisine, and I met a visiting friend at a sushi place this past Monday.  I hadn't been there for dinner but I'd say it was pretty full for a large place.  It honestly never occurred to me to be afraid until the next day.  :dunno:

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This is why words like "racism" lose their meaning.  One of my gauges for a good Asian restaurant is the percentage of Asian people who eat there.  There aren't a lot of Asians relatively speaking in Phoenix, so if you find a dim sum place full of Asians, you know it is good.  With that backdrop, and Asia being ground zero for this thing, is is not unrealistic to predict a higher likelihood of getting coronavirus at such a place.

That being said, sushi is my favorite cuisine, and I met a visiting friend at a sushi place this past Monday.  I hadn't been there for dinner but I'd say it was pretty full for a large place.  It honestly never occurred to me to be afraid until the next day.  :dunno:

really, my sign of a good Asian place is the lack of Asians in it, those people eat anything

I want food that white people eat

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BLS said:

The American Hospital Association and NETEC have conservative projections of 96 million people infected in the US.

Projected Deaths: 480k

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1236354669376671751/photo/1

Replying to
I assume by now you've seen that this was from 1 slide by 1 presenter and his employer called it "his interpretation." It does not have the weight of the AHA, NETEC, or proper science behind it. It came from a Business Insider story. Friends don't let friends Business Insider.

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Replying to
I assume by now you've seen that this was from 1 slide by 1 presenter and his employer called it "his interpretation." It does not have the weight of the AHA, NETEC, or proper science behind it. It came from a Business Insider story. Friends don't let friends Business Insider.

Would you take the word of a University of MN Infection Disease expert?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFhjMQrVts

6 minutes ago, BLS said:

Would you take the word of a University of MN Infection Disease expert?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFhjMQrVts

Depends.  Are we talking about a possibility or likely events?  I could easily see a 10x impact vs. the flu.  I could also see it having no material impact vs. the flu given that they often kill off the same groups of people.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What happens as soon as one NHL or NBA player or coach is infectious?

theyre gonna cancel games aren’t they?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

What happens as soon as one NHL or NBA player or coach is infectious?

theyre gonna cancel games aren’t they?

Yep.  The "liability virus" is in motion and will move faster than the actual COVID-19.  Colleges are sending kids home for the semester, the ball is in motion.  Nobody wants to be "that company" that didn't act accordingly. 

I'm mostly trying to figure out how to profit from it.  🤔

• Like 1

Well at this point i am 95% sure I will get it.  Hope it's mild.  Hope it doesn't affect my family either.

All I can hope for at this point   

Stocked up on the essentials today: ice cream bacon Doritos and enough bread milk and eggs to make French toast for a month. And tp. Lots and lots of tp.

:cry: 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, t.j. booker said:

Stocked up on the essentials today: ice cream bacon Doritos and enough bread milk and eggs to make French toast for a month. And tp. Lots and lots of tp.

Good thing that obesity is an underlying risk factor for death.  

Nadine Dorries who is in the British Health Department has it. Over/under on a Geek getting it within two weeks? I'll take the under

35 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Depends.  Are we talking about a possibility or likely events?  I could easily see a 10x impact vs. the flu.  I could also see it having no material impact vs. the flu given that they often kill off the same groups of people.  

I hear what you're saying.  I don't think it's the death toll that I'm so much concerned with.

It's the impact on the health system, economy, work, children with no day care, etc.

1 minute ago, BLS said:

I hear what you're saying.  I don't think it's the death toll that I'm so much concerned with.

It's the impact on the health system, economy, work, children with no day care, etc.

Regardless of deaths, it will impact the global economy.  I have receiving various reports from people talking about impact of GDP of various economies and duration.

We are planning for as much as 40% absenteeism.  Of course, we are doing worst case planning instead of likely case planning.   

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Good thing that obesity is an underlying risk factor for death.  

:mad:

The Golden State Warriors are going to host the Brooklyn Nets tomorrow in front of no fans.  Going to be like a Tampa Bay Rays game.  :o

This sh!t is  creeping in around me.  All from sh!tstains that have brought it back from overseas.  

I also know a dude in another state that is suspected of contracting it while in San Fran.  Hes a healthy guy, mid 40s, and hes in a medically induced coma and on a vent.

I got an e-mail from Uber breaking down what they're doing.Saying they may suspend drivers/riders accounts if they are known to have come in contact with virus,financial assistance for drivers for up to 14 days if we are quarantined,helping with cleaning supplies etc.

Personally,with the mrs (36C) having an auto-immune disease I'm just going to take some time off.

Thankfully all my fireworks(except two) are already sitting in a warehouse in the States for my other business,now just have to hope that by July 1st people are able to get out and about and ready to blow some stuff up.

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This sh!t is  creeping in around me.  All from sh!tstains that have brought it back from overseas.  

I also know a dude in another state that is suspected of contracting it while in San Fran.  Hes a healthy guy, mid 40s, and hes in a medically induced coma and on a vent.

The guy probably stepped in some bum sh1t rather than COVID-19. 

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What state do you live in?

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The Golden State Warriors are going to host the Brooklyn Nets tomorrow in front of no fans.  Going to be like a Tampa Bay Rays game.  :o

The Pistons have been doing it all year.  

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I hope he announces a fix to the current testing issue and drastic measures like shutting down all large events, etc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Please speak without any mixed messaging. Do not tell us what we want to hear rather what we need to hear.  

Sincerely,

the American People

• Like 3

Apparently Youtube channels cannot use the word or even say "coronavirus" without getting instantly demonetized.  LOL.  Always good to shut down discussion about an important topic.

• Confused 1

NCAA just announced March Madness will be played without fans. Unbelievable the fear this is causing.