Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I like how all you jackwagons are virus experts now. I'm sure you all know so much more than the CDC.  Dunning-Krueger in full effect in the geek club. 

The same CDC that sent out faulty kits, weeks late.

I am pretty sure they are a rudderless boat at this point. Some governments are doing good, and there are very good news sources out there. However, the CDC leave a lot to be desired.

26 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

And no one is saying it's all media hype.

Have you read this board?  Or Twitter?  Or listened to any dude-bros lately?

13 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

He caught it on the Moon!!!

Hey everybody!  Patriotsfatboy1 was the first to post that Tom Hanks has coronavirus. Please have the appropriate feasts and merriments in his honor.

Happy now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

Have you read this board?  Or Twitter?  Or listened to any dude-bros lately?

Have you seen the left wing media ? 

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

Have you seen the left wing media 

I try not to.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

Hey everybody!  Patriotsfatboy1 was the first to post that Tom Hanks has coronavirus. Please have the appropriate feasts and merriments in his honor.

Happy now?

Maybe just pull your head out of your ass. :lol:

Digby34 said it’s all good. He spoke to his brohan in the Air Force who said no worries. Bruh. 

Does CNBC count as liberal media?  They almost never talk about politics.  It's about that cheddar, Bruh.

10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

This is why words like "racism" lose their meaning.  One of my gauges for a good Asian restaurant is the percentage of Asian people who eat there.  There aren't a lot of Asians relatively speaking in Phoenix, so if you find a dim sum place full of Asians, you know it is good.  With that backdrop, and Asia being ground zero for this thing, is is not unrealistic to predict a higher likelihood of getting coronavirus at such a place.

That being said, sushi is my favorite cuisine, and I met a visiting friend at a sushi place this past Monday.  I hadn't been there for dinner but I'd say it was pretty full for a large place.  It honestly never occurred to me to be afraid until the next day.  :dunno:

This makes for a better insight if Chinese food wasn't better in the US than China. I miss all Western food to include Americanized Chinese food.

My 75 yr old in laws....road rats...refuse to stay home...i predict funerals soon.  Were at sams club today and went to 3 restaurants. Breakfast lunch and dinner...its what they do.  FiL has a cough...has a VA appt tomorrow...gonna get tested.  He just had surgery at the hospital...bile duct stint last week at the same hospital where there is a corona patient in the news today...

10 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

really, my sign of a good Asian place is the lack of Asians in it, those people eat anything

I want food that white people eat

Yes. This. 

Just now, Voltaire said:

This makes for a better insight if Chinese food wasn't better in the US than China. I miss all Western food to include Americanized Chinese food.

Maybe you can open a restaurant.  Get those bastards to stop eating bat viruses.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fireballer said:

This sh!t is  creeping in around me.  All from sh!tstains that have brought it back from overseas.  

I also know a dude in another state that is suspected of contracting it while in San Fran.  Hes a healthy guy, mid 40s, and hes in a medically induced coma and on a vent.

Do you still have N95 masks? I'd feel awful if I was sitting on the ones you'd sent and you need them back.

:lol: Stock market getting focked in the azz with this horseh!t. That's the tragedy. And I'm almost out of TP. Time to arm up and go see the neighbor that stocked up :lol:

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Do you still have N95 masks? I'd feel awful if I was sitting on the ones you'd sent and you need them back.

Im good.  Got plenty at work and P100 halfmask.  Kinda ironic though, huh?

Chinks and rich diks are the cause of all this. 

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

How are things going over there?  

Still at 539 patients for all of Sichuan province and that's been steady a week or so. Panzhihua hasn't had a new case in about three weeks. 

We never had any shortages and shops and restaurants are reopening. But school is still closed, venues are still closed. We're still under soft quarantine.

Spring Festival was over on Feb 15,  I should have started work again just about a month ago, so no income.

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Im good.  Got plenty at work and P100 halfmask.  Kinda ironic though, huh?

🙂 Good Good. That's a relief. 

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

If Tom Hanks got it I bet alot more in Hollywood get it as well this coming week

I'm sure a lot of them will claim they have it too. Jussie Smollett is going to say 3 COVID-19 patients wearing MAGA hats licked his face and told him, "Go back to gay town."

• Haha 3

OK, all caught up on this thread. Now I'll go see if Tom Hanks really is sick.

I just read Pelosi's livid since Kevin McCarthy tweeted out something about how to avoid "The Tom Hanks Virus",

34 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Still at 539 patients for all of Sichuan province and that's been steady a week or so. Panzhihua hasn't had a new case in about three weeks. 

We never had any shortages and shops and restaurants are reopening. But school is still closed, venues are still closed. We're still under soft quarantine.

Spring Festival was over on Feb 15,  I should have started work again just about a month ago, so no income.

What's your gut tell you?  Does the worst seem to be over?  What is the government telling the people?  When do you expect life to begin to get back to normal?

38 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

My hope is that China can beat this pretty quickly and supply the rest of the world while we recover. We are going to need those manufactured goods to fight this.

I think China should quarantine all foreign travel until this is over. I understand the irony in this post, they caused this and now we may be in a situation where we depend on them.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

The same CDC that sent out faulty kits, weeks late.

I am pretty sure they are a rudderless boat at this point. Some governments are doing good, and there are very good news sources out there. However, the CDC leave a lot to be desired.

So you think the answer is to listen to the people who have NO expertise versus the ones that have spent entire lives researching crap like this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

until warmer weather

From what I've heard and read, this is a complete unknown, and most likely false.   
If you have a legitimate link to back it up, I'd like to read it. :cheers:

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Tom Hanks has it now!  And he's old!!!! :o

WILSSSSSOOOOONNNNNNN!

Well, he does have the Wilford Brimles :dunno:

No response to the Pres tonight??  Figured someone would be flipping...

Sounded like he is working best he can...banning travel

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

No response to the Pres tonight??  Figured someone would be flipping...

Sounded like he is working best he can...banning travel

He's in a tough spot.  I don't envy him having to lead through this, one bit. 

16 minutes ago, Kanil said:

So you think the answer is to listen to the people who have NO expertise versus the ones that have spent entire lives researching crap like this? 

I am listening to people that spent their lives researching this, most of my quotes in this thread are from epidemiologists, medical journals, and doctors. 

Many people have different opinions. To fit with the theme of the site a good example is the NFL, there are scouts that spend their whole lives researching players and yet their teams draft crappy every year.

I think other governments and the WHO have had better coverage/recommendations when it comes to this.

Really, what I want to know is why are there no testing kits at this stage, it is focking ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am listening to people that spent their lives researching this. Many people have different opinions. To fit with the theme of the site a good example is the NFL, there are scouts that spend their whole lives researching players and yet their teams draft crappy every year.

I think other governments and the WHO have had better coverage/recommendations when it comes to this.

Really, what I want to know is why are there no testing kits at this stage, it is focking ridiculous.

You have always seemed to me to be one of the most rational posters here. 
That being said, should I be nervous that you think this is really a "thing" or should I think that you are buying into the hype and choosing your sources to believe based on your own fear? 

I :wub: you bro, but I think I'm going to remain "ignorant" to this and go about my normal pathetic life. We'll talk in a few months, assuming we are both still alive. :cheers:

9 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am listening to people that spent their lives researching this, most of my quotes in this thread are from epidemiologists, medical journals, and doctors. 

Many people have different opinions. To fit with the theme of the site a good example is the NFL, there are scouts that spend their whole lives researching players and yet their teams draft crappy every year.

I read the Gates foundation is close to getting in home test kits out.