Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

25 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Trump 2020 is gonna have a huge... Us vs. The media that caused our country to lose trillions and made you all horde TP.

I think this at the beginning was a lib media attempt to make him look bad... and it got away from them.

Here's one for you.

Let's say this thing rages on for months, which is highly possible...

How does that impact the election? No campaigning.... No conventions... The election date could only be moved if both parties agree (it has been set by law for over 150 years) and we all know damn well that would never happen.

Could be some constitutional chaos. If either side attempts to change the election date unilaterally, the other side would go berzerk.

Just a thought. Hopefully this is over by early summer, but who the fock knows? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Here's one for you.

Let's say this thing rages on for months, which is highly possible...

How does that impact the election? No campaigning.... No conventions... The election date could only be moved if both parties agree (it has been set by law for over 150 years) and we all know damn well that would never happen.

Could be some constitutional chaos. If either side attempts to change the election date unilaterally, the other side would go berzerk.

Just a thought. Hopefully this is over by early summer, but who the fock knows? 

Who the fock knows who is in charge of firing things back up? Easy to stop things, very difficult to start them.  Only thing I know is our completely irresponsible media is about to turn the virus/election timing into another Trump conspiracy to stay in office.  It's coming.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Who the fock knows who is in charge of firing things back up? Easy to stop things, very difficult to start them.  Only thing I know is our completely irresponsible media is about to turn the virus/election timing into another Trump conspiracy to stay in office.  It's coming.

Yes, I suspect that it will be spun as a dictator clinging to power at some point. Sad. 

Everyday we get death and new case reports on the Coronavirus, I would like to see the same daily stats for the flu side by side. Not providing this information to the public is outrageous and makes me question what is really going on.

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Everyday we get death and new case reports on the Coronavirus, I would like to see the same daily stats for the flu side by side. Not providing this information to the public is outrageous. 

flu comparisons need to stop. This is not the flu. this will put 20% of the people in ICU. No country can handle that, not even us. If 20% are in ICU, millions will die.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

flu comparisons need to stop. This is not the flu. this will put 20% of the people in ICU. No country can handle that, not even us. If 20% are in ICU, millions will die.

Nothing wrong with seeing the numbers, which should prove your point.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lod001 said:

link?
How many with the flu go to ICU, it would nice to be able to compare.

They are both URIs and deaths from the flu greatly outnumber the Coronavirus deaths. This may change but we will never know. There is nothing wrong with comparing death rates from URIs. 

5 minutes ago, lod001 said:

How about pneumonia? 15k a week die of it world wide? 1k in the US. :dunno:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lod001 said:

However, I do favor infecting the prison population and not treating it.

President Trump’s former personal attorney Michael Cohen has shared a petition calling for the president to have the Federal Bureau of Prisons allow prisoners like him to be released and placed under home detention during the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michael-cohen-shares-petition-for-trump-admin-to-send-prisoners-home-during-coronavirus-outbreak

Every year 5-20% of the US population gets the flu and about 20,000 people die. Let’s say only 5% of the population gets coronavirus. That’s an estimated 150,000 deaths minimum.

Just stop it with the flu stuff already. :doh: 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Every year 5-20% of the US population gets the flu and about 20,000 people die. Let’s say only 5% of the population gets coronavirus. That’s an estimated 150,000 deaths minimum.

Its showing a true lack of intelligence.   This is way worse than the flu.  The entire world is closing and dummies are still out there saying..but more people have died of the flu. Good god you cant be more stupid

• Thanks 2

If more people had the flu but couldn’t get treatment then many more would die from the flu. Why are some of you so fockin stupid? Digby34 is your leader. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

link?
How many with the flu go to ICU, it would nice to be able to compare.

They are both URIs and deaths from the flu greatly outnumber the Coronavirus deaths. This may change but we will never know. There is nothing wrong with comparing death rates from URIs. 

Worldwide I believe they said 20%. Italy is showing about 10% Our system cannot handle that.

In a Lancet report today, two authors from Italy said the percentage of COVID-19 patients needing ICU treatment has ranged from 9% to 11% and that ICUs will be at maximum capacity if that trend continues for 1 more week. 

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

Link

• Like 1

I disagree with aggression action now.  The time to take aggressive action was 1 month ago.  Now it's out and about.  Just let it run its course now.  If hospitals are stressed and overrun in some areas, so be it.

People are so scared of this thing, they'll stay home and keep the spread slowed down anyway.  Basically England's approach.  It'll be interesting to see how well that works out for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Its showing a true lack of intelligence.   This is way worse than the flu.  The entire world is closing and dummies are still out there saying..but more people have died of the flu. Good god you cant be more stupid

I don’t think it is stupid to want more information. Maybe people will be more vigilant if they had more information that showed this is 100x worse than the flu. What are they hiding?

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Thanks but I don’t see anything to backup your 150,000. I am slow so many you can help me?

5% of the population is 15m. Coronavirus kills an estimated 1% of people who get it. Do the math.

Also. It’s similar to the flu.  But it’s not the flu. If you don’t understand that then please stop taking like you do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

5% of the population is 15m. Coronavirus kills an estimated 1% of people who get it. Do the math.

.5% my Doc buddy said.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

:doh:Just stop it with the over generalized stats already. It's 2% of the overall sick but it's nearly exc!usively over 60 in poor health. Anyone else dying is a complete outlier. Flu is far more dangerous to the population as a whole. Not even close.

1 hour ago, mmmmm...beer said:

.5% my Doc buddy said.

It’s close to this and 1%, that’s factoring in the many who don’t report and aren’t counted which is assumed to be a lot. That Fauci doctor explained it well, he estimates at around 1%, which makes it 10x deadlier than the flu which is around .01%. Almost all in both cases are elderly and at risk who, to be fair, are gonna be in trouble with any respiratory health problem.

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:doh:Just stop it with the over generalized stats already. It's 2% of the overall sick but it's nearly exc!usively over 60 in poor health. Anyone else dying is a complete outlier. Flu is far more dangerous to the population as a whole. Not even close.

People over 60 and in poor health don't matter?

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Considering that there is a vaccine for the flu and millions of people get it I don’t think you can compare the two. And if many more people got the flu all at once the death rate would climb. 

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

People over 60 and in poor health don't matter?

Depends. How old are you.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The point Is coronavirus seems to be kill a far higher % of the people who contract it. HTH

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Considering that there is a vaccine for the flu and millions of people get it I don’t think you can compare the two. And if many more people got the flu all at once the death rate would climb. 

If Covid19 attacked all ages like the flu does it would be truly terrifying. The fact is we are armed with knowledge of who is the highest and perhaps only risk and we aren't using that info. Instead hysteria has taken over.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Depends. How old are you.

Not that old.

Hey I'm with you.  My parents and grand parents are dead.  I'm just acknowledging that's the trade off.  Sitting there saying it's just the flu is retarded.

We have vaccines for flu  

The flu doesn't spread as easily

Some people have immunity to flu from catching it decades ago

More people will get covid-19 and more people will die from it.  Ignoring that fact is willfully ignorant.  Italy and China had to shut down their whole countries to get it under control.   I get "'merica fūck yeah," but our health system isn't that much better than these countries.

• Like 1

Not that old.

Hey I'm with you.  My parents and grand parents are dead.  I'm just acknowledging that's the trade off.  Sitting there saying it's just the flu is retarded.

We have vaccines for flu  

The flu doesn't spread as easily

Some people have immunity to flu from catching it decades ago

More people will get covid-19 and more people will die from it.  Ignoring that fact is willfully ignorant.  Italy and China had to shut down their whole countries to get it under control.   I get "'merica fūck yeah," but our health system isn't that much better than these countries.

Immunity, a vaccine, and still 50k+ deaths every single year. :dunno: People aren't comparing the 2. They are saying the flu is a bigger threat to everyone. Which it is.

And our health system is WAY better. of course we should all take precautions. I know of no one saying we shouldn't.

11 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

If Covid19 attacked all ages like the flu does it would be truly terrifying. The fact is we are armed with knowledge of who is the highest and perhaps only risk and we aren't using that info. Instead hysteria has taken over.

Many types of People get treatment for the flu. That’s why they live. If there were more people getting the flu at once and they couldn’t get treated more would die. That’s the fear here. If it spreads out into the population at larger numbers even younger people will die because they can’t get treatment. There are only so many resources. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Many types of People get treatment for the flu. That’s why the live. If there were more people getting the flu at once and they couldn’t get treated more would die. That’s the fear here. If it spreads out into the population at larger numbers even younger people will die because they can’t get treatment. Thee are only so many resources. 

And those resources should be directed at high risk people and not wasted on others. If we just focused on high risk, deaths would drop.

Our health system is absolutely not WAY better.

If you have bought into that nonsense there is no use discussing anything.

Sooooo, we still gonna have open borders and free medical for illlegals?

50 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

It’s close to this and 1%, that’s factoring in the many who don’t report and aren’t counted which is assumed to be a lot. That Fauci doctor explained it well, he estimates at around 1%, which makes it 10x deadlier than the flu which is around .01%. Almost all in both cases are elderly and at risk who, to be fair, are gonna be in trouble with any respiratory health problem.

1% is 100 times .01% but hey you keep.doing the math.for us!!  :Lol:

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

1% is 100 times .01% but hey you keep.doing the math.for us!!  :Lol:

Oh, right, .1 then. The one that means 10x.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

I watched 7 hours of UFC yesterday.

I watched 3 and recorded more