Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

11 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Why the fuk is ANOTHER cruise ship anchored looking for a port?  Who tha fuk goes thru with a cruise after recent fiascos with ships?  Reap what u sow.  

While searching for your story I came across this.  What a goat fock this is all becoming. 

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Why the fuk is ANOTHER cruise ship anchored looking for a port?  Who tha fuk goes thru with a cruise after recent fiascos with ships?  Reap what u sow.  

Idiots.

God, I hate the way Mike did this site after the upgrade.  It's damn near impossible to post an article in a quote without it turning out like sh!t and then you can't delete it.

Here is the article:

A cruise ship allowed thousands of passengers to disembark in Miami Sunday without undergoing screening just days after a passenger left the ship and later tested positive for coronavirus. 

The passenger left the MSC Meraviglia in Miami March 8, with 103 passengers and crew remaining aboard for the next voyage. By the time the Health Agency of Canada informed MSC Cruises the ex-passenger had tested positive, the ship had sailed again with thousands of additional passengers, the Miami Herald reported.

The company said it isolated seven crew members who had been in close contact with the passenger in individual cabins upon receiving the results, but said that health officials authorized the ship to dock Sunday and follow normal disembarking procedures.

A total of 3,877 passengers disembarked, several of whom proceeded to Miami International Airport. In contrast, the California health department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have kept thousands of passengers on the Grand Princess cruise ship before eventually allowing it to dock in Oakland, where it remains as officials work to repatriate crew and passengers.

“If we have it, it’s going to spread throughout the country,” a passenger on the Meraviglia told the newspaper from his home in South Carolina.

“When I say there was no check, there was none whatsoever. I expected us to have some kind of a screening. They didn’t do a single thing. We walked straight off the ship. There wasn’t any check on anyone for anything,” added the man, who asked to remain anonymous.

MSC Cruises told the newspaper no one on board had symptoms of the virus.

“We worked closely with the Health Authorities in Canada, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and PortMiami and followed all protocols as required,” MSC Cruises spokesperson Alyssa Goldfarb told the Herald.

“MSC Meraviglia received clearance after health authorities reviewed all the necessary documentation regarding the health of passengers and crew on board today and throughout the cruise,” she added.

Health officials have said patients may be carriers of the virus even if they do not manifest symptoms.

4 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Or they are the only country letting let this run wild and telling the truth. China was burning bodies in Wuhan and not reporting everything, Iran is covering it up, etc.

South Korea is slowing it down as much as possible, but if you compare the recovered/dead it is close to 8% mortality rate even there.

What kind of national security clearance do you have to have such insightful knowledge? 

On 3/15/2020 at 1:28 AM, Leeson said:

Could that be because 95% of the population already has it?

No "newbies" left to infect.

No.

Hubei has 58.5 million people and 67,800 people caught it. Officially. It's likely the Chinese were faking the numbers early and a lot more deaths went on than reported. Bodies were lying dead in the street and the morgues were cremating bodies at full speed, and I don't know that anybody was counting numbers or wanting to keep them accurately.

But I do think the numbers of infected they have in Hubei right now, 9605, is accurate. And that number drops and drops hundreds and thousands at a time each day I check in on it. Just now is the first time I've seen it under 10K. It'll be 8K or 7K in Hubei tomorrow at this pace.

China as a whole has inched up over 81K. I thought we'd end up 80,9__ before they opened things up and trigger a new (and hopefully small) wave of new infections. But, no they keep trickling upwards now. So, now I don't think we'll see 81,100 before things change.

Anywhere, wherever the new Chinese infections are,  it's not here. We've not had a local case in over three weeks and the entirety of Sichuan province has not had a new case in ten days. Sichuan is now down to 20 active cases from 539. We're stuck, happily, on 539. Chongqing is at zero active cases. Meanwhile, Guizhou and Yunnan (just across the border from me) provinces are at one.

So, when we come out of our shells, i have to think there'll be an uptick which will hopefully be small. But it does feel more lax. We don't have the checkpoints anymore or the cars driving around with bullhorns advising us to stay inside and at home. More and more restaurants are opening, but they block the door to prevent people from entering, it's all delivery or takeout only. Still everyone wearing masks.

The Chinese are cranking out medicines and protective gear. Face masks can be bought in stores. One positive thing is that we never had any shortages of anything the entire time. You guys are dealing with shortages of soap and TP, and food, that was never my experience. The bakery had been closed, I couldn't get bread unless I went downtown and I only do that every 10-14 days. Meh. Easy to deal with. Stale bread can be used for toast.

On 3/15/2020 at 8:14 AM, lod001 said:

Fock china. Stupid focks are messing with viruses and creating this sh1t. biological terrorists.

I don't think it's their lab that did it. That expert on Joe Rogan the other day laid out a really good case for why it.

The Chinese stumble into this BS normally every now and then because they eat anything that moves which allows for viruses to jump species, they live on top of each other in great density, and they have culturally low hygiene standards.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, naomi said:

Really important Fauci quote there. After watching him several more times, I understand why Volty was appreciating him.

As far as staying in, I find myself on Twitter too much, but I love the fact I have time for some cleaning/organizing projects, and might get to refurbishing a desk. The thing that is difficult is procrastinating with my actual job. There's definitely enough of it to avoid boredom.

He really is great. Seeing as China got hit first, I tuned into him a lot earlier than maybe everybody else did and so I've been on the Fauci bandwagon from the start.

They sure have the right guy in the right place. He mixes in a commanding knowledge and experience with an easy to understand manner and he also has the PR savvy to alert people but not cause panic at the same time. And he's clearly telling us the truth and leveling with us too.

News that it pains me to tell you guys:

My wife avoids Chinese social media talk of coronavirus as it's pissing her off. It's overrun with trolls making fun of the US and cheering for more infections. Also, there is widespread accusations that the US government is responsible for manufacturing the virus.

For the record, these same morons also know full well that the doctor who reported the virus was threatened by the government and died. They also know their government tried to cover up the whole d@mn thing for two months rather than do anything until late January when bodies started collapsing in the streets. They're idiots and suffer from cognitive dissonance.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

My wife avoids Chinese social media talk of coronavirus as it's pissing her off. It's overrun with trolls making fun of the US and cheering for more infections. Also, there is widespread accusations that the US government is responsible for manufacturing the virus.

For the record, these same morons also know full well that the doctor who reported the virus was threatened by the government and died. They also know their government tried to cover up the whole d@mn thing for two months rather than do anything until late January when bodies started collapsing in the streets. They're idiots and suffer from cognitive dissonance.

I appreciate your comments and updates. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Sounds like the lefties in the US as long as Trump is in office. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Sounds like the lefties in the US as long as Trump is in office. :dunno:

Bad orange man.... 

9 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Considering this strain of the Coronavirus is new, I would say it's unfair to compare death totals. Shouldn't we consider standard flu death rate and current Corona death rate? Flu is less than 1%, Corona over 3%

The death rate for under 50 is under 0.3%.  :dunno:

23 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Source please

Boomer youtuber says to let your fever playout

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

What's your point? The death rate overall is above 3. Are you cool with business as usual and letting our population over 80 just fend for themselves like Italy? 

Is that with or without treatment? 

That’s 3x higher than the flu and many of those survivors are taking up hospital beds.

You really need to stop. :doh: 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is that with or without treatment? 

That is the number of dead who tested positive.  Which is what the morons here are citing the %.   In reality, we don't know the number of positive, just the number who have been tested, which the same morons claim is next to nothing.  So the death % is a meaningless stat with the data we have.

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

What's your point? The death rate overall is above 3. Are you cool with business as usual and letting our population over 80 just fend for themselves like Italy? 

He's already indicated that he's okay with that, so I guess it's no wonder he's wondering what all the fuss is about.

4 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Boomer youtuber says to let your fever playout

What would be the alternative?  What I really want to know is why is the "French" health minister speaking English with a British accent?  Are his people going to understand him?

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

He's already indicated that he's okay with that, so I guess it's no wonder he's wondering what all the fuss is about.

I guess if he doesn't give a shlt if our hospitals are pure chaos, then I guess it wouldn't matter to him. Unless of course he was the one who got sick and needed respiratory assurance I'm assuming

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I guess if he doesn't give a shlt if our hospitals are pure chaos, then I guess it wouldn't matter to him. Unless of course he was the one who got sick and needed respiratory assurance I'm assuming

:lol:  The fear is really getting to you and nobody.  All these "what ifs".  

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

What would be the alternative?  What I really want to know is why is the "French" health minister speaking English with a British accent?  Are his people going to understand him?

The alternative would be to use drugs to reduce your fever and inflammation. Also this guy is a retired Nurse with a medical degree. Not the French health minister.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

So do you think the articles talking Italys major issues are lying? Or you just don't think the US could possible become that bad? 

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Italy is the test case for your approach.  They failed.  UK is about to be the second one.  We'll see how that goes.  It's not fear.  It's facts and data.  You're just choosing to not believe any of it which probably means you're more scared than anyone...  "If I pretend the problem doesn't exist, maybe it'll go away."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Im not sure if you're trolling or you are this dim. I don't have fear. Just rational thought about what could happen. I will deal with anything that comes my way. I have enough supplies for a few weeks, but nothing crazy. Didn't feel the need to buy extra ammo.

I can almost guarantee you are pissing yourself inside right now. It's OK to be afraid Timmy. I said this when this first started getting serious, anyone acting like it was pointless to treat Corona with any extra attention or care is secretly pissing themselves. You probably couldn't handle the thought that it's more serious. The telltale sign was when you said fear was getting to some of us even though we were just having a normal discussion.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

Italy is the test case for your approach.  They failed.  UK is about to be the second one.  We'll see how that goes.  It's not fear.  It's facts and data.  You're just choosing to not believe any of it which probably means you're more scared than anyone...  "If I pretend the problem doesn't exist, maybe it'll go away."

I guarantee Timmy is more scared than anyone here. When rational discussion triggers him like that, it's the only answer that makes sense. He can't handle the reality of Corona being a serious matter, so he just denies it

Senator Ben Sasse (R., Neb.) slammed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) and Democrats for reportedly trying to ensure federal funding for abortion as part of the coronavirus economic stimulus plan.

“While schools are closing and hospitals are gearing up, Speaker Pelosi is waging unnecessary culture wars. Speaker Pelosi should be fighting the coronavirus pandemic, not politicizing emergency funding by fighting against the bipartisan Hyde Amendment,” Sasse told National Review in a statement. “We need to be ramping up our diagnostic testing, not waging culture wars at the behest of Planned Parenthood. Good grief.”
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/sasse-rips-pelosi-for-trying-to-smuggle-hyde-amendment-loophole-into-coronavirus-package/

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.

Rahm Emanuel

9 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The alternative would be to use drugs to reduce your fever and inflammation. Also this guy is a retired Nurse with a medical degree. Not the French health minister.

Oh, good.  I thought he might be one of Naomi's Twitter friends.

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

I guarantee Timmy is more scared than anyone here. When rational discussion triggers him like that, it's the only answer that makes sense. He can't handle the reality of Corona being a serious matter, so he just denies it

His desire for the government to shut down the stock market, and thinking the government is running corporations out of business to manipulate the market gives him away. Classic projection.

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Im not sure if you're trolling or you are this dim. I don't have fear. Just rational thought about what could happen. I will deal with anything that comes my way. I have enough supplies for a few weeks, but nothing crazy. Didn't feel the need to buy extra ammo.

But you think the hospitals are pure chaos. And our health care system is horrible. Is that right?  You seem to be on board with a guy who has been claiming that thoughout this thread. 

28 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?

• Thanks 1

The Mayor of Nashville- a big tourist destination- has the health department demanding bars close. Many are following orders, others are getting ready to file suit.

17 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

But you think the hospitals are pure chaos. And our health care system is horrible. Is that right?  You seem to be on board with a guy who has been claiming that thoughout this thread. 

I said nothing about the quality of our health care system. I am interested in why you feel the way you do along with baker. I would have liked to have a reasonable discussion about it, but when you already accuse me of being fearful just because I was discussing the reality of this situation, it shows you cant have a reasonable discussion 

I don't understand why people always say the Chinese have very low hygiene but at the same time are known for never wearing shoes in their house, using maid services and being clean/neat freaks when it comes to the cleanliness of their home.

21 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?

After I go to the ATM Machine.

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I don't understand why people always say the Chinese have very low hygiene but at the same time are known for never wearing shoes in their house, using maid services and being clean/neat freaks when it comes to the cleanliness of their home.

Because they are dirty people.