Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Infectious disease researchers at The University of Texas at Austin studying the novel coronavirus were able to identify how quickly the virus can spread, a factor that may help public health officials in their efforts at containment. They found that time between cases in a chain of transmission is less than a week and that more than 10% of patients are infected by somebody who has the virus but does not yet have symptoms.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200316143313.htm

1 hour ago, KayJay1971 said:

Why would the mail shut down?

Cause the doosher Digby said so

Just now, supermike80 said:

Cause the doosher Digby said so

Oh so take it to the bank then? :lock:

One of the reasons I donate blood is because I am type O. Good news for some people, this makes up for the susceptibility to norovirus that we(type O) have.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.11.20031096v1?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

The proportion of blood group A and O in COVID-19 patients were significantly higher and lower, respectively, than that in normal people (both P < 0.001). Similar ABO distribution pattern was observed in 398 patients from another two hospitals in Wuhan and Shenzhen. Meta-analyses on the pooled data showed that blood group A had a significantly higher risk for COVID-19 (odds ratio-OR, 1.20; 95% confidence interval-CI 1.02~1.43, P = 0.02) compared with non-A blood groups, whereas blood group O had a significantly lower risk for the infectious disease (OR, 0.67; 95% CI 0.60~0.75, P < 0.001) compared with non-O blood groups.In addition, the influence of age and gender on the ABO blood group distribution in patients with COVID-19 from two Wuhan hospitals (1,888 patients) were analyzed and found that age and gender do not have much effect on the distribution.

CONCLUSION People with blood group A have a significantly higher risk for acquiring COVID-19 compared with non-A blood groups, whereas blood group O has a significantly lower risk for the infection compared with non-O blood groups.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

One of the reasons I donate blood is because I am type O. Good news for some people, this makes up for the susceptibility to norovirus that we(type O) have.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.11.20031096v1?utm_source=share&amp;utm_medium=ios_app&amp;utm_name=iossmf

The proportion of blood group A and O in COVID-19 patients were significantly higher and lower, respectively, than that in normal people (both P < 0.001). Similar ABO distribution pattern was observed in 398 patients from another two hospitals in Wuhan and Shenzhen. Meta-analyses on the pooled data showed that blood group A had a significantly higher risk for COVID-19 (odds ratio-OR, 1.20; 95% confidence interval-CI 1.02~1.43, P = 0.02) compared with non-A blood groups, whereas blood group O had a significantly lower risk for the infectious disease (OR, 0.67; 95% CI 0.60~0.75, P < 0.001) compared with non-O blood groups.In addition, the influence of age and gender on the ABO blood group distribution in patients with COVID-19 from two Wuhan hospitals (1,888 patients) were analyzed and found that age and gender do not have much effect on the distribution.

CONCLUSION People with blood group A have a significantly higher risk for acquiring COVID-19 compared with non-A blood groups, whereas blood group O has a significantly lower risk for the infection compared with non-O blood groups.

Interesting since I am A+ :o

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Hey, we're twinsies! 

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Thats kinda interesting

Sorry for jumping on you with the Pelaton thing a few months ago. You have been one of the better posters the last month or two and I should not have been an ass.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

Sorry for jumping on you with the Pelaton thing a few months ago. You have been one of the better posters the last month or two and I should not have been an ass.

I honestly don't remember but Awe

:cheers:

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I honestly don't remember but Awe

:cheers:

Cute

I used google translate, but the below is from the medical section of an Italian news paper.  I am unable to tell if this is anecdotal or there is a study that they are mentioning in the article. So take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.repubblica.it/salute/medicina-e-ricerca/2020/03/16/news/coronavirus_studio_il_50-75_dei_casi_a_vo_sono_asintomatici_e_molto_contagiosi-251474302/?ref=RHPPTP-BH-I251454518-C12-P3-S2.4-T1&amp;refresh_ce

ROME - "The vast majority of people infected with Covid-19, between 50 and 75%, are completely asymptomatic but represent a formidable source of contagion". The Professor of Clinical Immunology of the University of Florence Sergio Romagnani writes this at the top of the Tuscany Region, in anticipation of a strong increase in cases also in the Region, on the basis of the study on the inhabitants of Vo 'Euganeo where the 3000 inhabitants of the country are been subjected to swab.

For Romagnani, what is now crucial in the battle against the virus is "trying to find asymptomatic people who are already infected because nobody fears or isolates them. This is particularly true for categories such as doctors and nurses who frequently develop an infection. asymptomatic by continuing to spread the infection between them and their patients. " And again: "It is being decided not to swab doctors and nurses again unless they develop symptoms. But in light of the results of Vo 'study, this decision can be extremely dangerous;

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Amazon just suspended all operations. Regular mail is next 

Amazon to hire 100k workers and give pay raises. Just got my mail.   Nice work. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I used google translate, but the below is from the medical section of an Italian news paper.  I am unable to tell if this is anecdotal or there is a study that they are mentioning in the article. So take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.repubblica.it/salute/medicina-e-ricerca/2020/03/16/news/coronavirus_studio_il_50-75_dei_casi_a_vo_sono_asintomatici_e_molto_contagiosi-251474302/?ref=RHPPTP-BH-I251454518-C12-P3-S2.4-T1&amp;refresh_ce

ROME - "The vast majority of people infected with Covid-19, between 50 and 75%, are completely asymptomatic but represent a formidable source of contagion". The Professor of Clinical Immunology of the University of Florence Sergio Romagnani writes this at the top of the Tuscany Region, in anticipation of a strong increase in cases also in the Region, on the basis of the study on the inhabitants of Vo 'Euganeo where the 3000 inhabitants of the country are been subjected to swab.

For Romagnani, what is now crucial in the battle against the virus is "trying to find asymptomatic people who are already infected because nobody fears or isolates them. This is particularly true for categories such as doctors and nurses who frequently develop an infection. asymptomatic by continuing to spread the infection between them and their patients. " And again: "It is being decided not to swab doctors and nurses again unless they develop symptoms. But in light of the results of Vo 'study, this decision can be extremely dangerous;

Kind of blows all the false data we have been receiving out the window. You know. Like the death rate. Of course this could be false data also.  :dunno:

44 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.11.20031096v1?utm_source=share&amp;utm_medium=ios_app&amp;utm_name=iossmf

43 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Agreed, and I'm A-.  I'm also missing some contagion in my blood which enables it to be used for infants.  I told my wife this morning that I'm going to donate this week; it is something I can do to help.  :cheers:

37 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Also, my works VPN has been down for the last 2 hours.

I have not had a disruption al, day.

Is it bad that I have no clue what my blood type is?  I think I'll go to the emergency room today to find out.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Is it bad that I have no clue what my blood type is?  I think I'll go to the emergency room today to find out.

Yea, I have no idea what mine is either.  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Probably means that you have never given blood.  That is the only way that I know.  

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Probably means that you have never given blood.  That is the only way that I know.  

I give blood regularly, my wife has no idea what her blood type is.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

That is the last time I apologize, next time I go the Digby route.

You complete me.  😍

19 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I give blood regularly, my wife has no idea what her blood type is.

I'll make sure and swab my d1ck next time and send in the blood sample for analysis.  I'll let her know what I find out. :ninja:

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Nothing Trump does is wrong.  He's the best ever.

You are blessed to live in such glorious times.  :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Before the WHO called it a pandemic, it had already been aPandemic.  If you knew the definition you also would have known it was a pandemic before the WHO gave us the official word.  Trump was correct.

Big swing and miss troll.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Before the WHO called it a pandemic, it had already been aPandemic.  If you knew the definition you also would have known it was a pandemic before the WHO gave us the official word.  Trump was correct.

That’s your line? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Where is the sarcasm emoji? You can’t type this and not giggle.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I’m so bored.  I took a nap today for the first time in a decade.  

I haven’t slept for 10 days, because that would be too long. 

• Like 1

Has anyone seen this?

It's not all bad news with Coronavirus. Lots of good things happening that we can focus on.

- China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.
- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.
- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.
- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.
- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,
- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.
- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.
- Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.
- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.
- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.
- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.
- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.
- Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.
- A coronavirus tracker put up by Johns Hopkins University of Medicine shows that more than 73,000 people worldwide have recovered from Covid-19 so far.
- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

Keep a positive attitude, respect the guidelines, and look out for each other. Be grateful for the extra time with family. Take care friends!

• Like 2

On 3/17/2020 at 1:56 AM, iam90sbaby said:

I don't understand why people always say the Chinese have very low hygiene but at the same time are known for never wearing shoes in their house, using maid services and being clean/neat freaks when it comes to the cleanliness of their home.

Yes, they are quite clean in their home. Obsessively so even.

The problem is public spaces. Public restrooms are absolutely filthy, and have no soap or paper in most cases. Tending them mostly involves throwing some mothballs in the urinal to knock the stench down.

Littering is just a matter of course here, so there is often garbage everywhere. Not so much in top tier cities, but in other places, pissing and sh!tting on the sidewalk is common, especially among small children. 

Food sanitation standards do not exist. You will commonly see meat sitting out in the heat for sale with flies buzzing about. 

Yes, many people have maids. But they're pretty lazy and useless. 

Asians in general are gross. They're like certain athletic cultures here in America. They've never heard of or at least can't understand the usage of Kleenex. Theyre constantly snorting snot or Hocking Loogies or blowing their nose at the table.

Seriously, they worry about dirt on their floors but are some of the most non hygienic people in the world. Other than Arabs and of course the athletic types.

F*** the wall. Build a bubble.