Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

So many things he has done have been posted ad nauseum in various threads...too numerous to list.  Just quit being blind.  Your dems have good ideas too but they get lost in the Trump hate spew.

Blind to what?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Blind to what?

To the border closings...the travel bans..etc etc..your only complaint is timing...wasnt fast enough for you??  Hindisght is always 2020..you would have flipped your chit if he did it 2 weeks earlier...or even 2 days earlier...

Agree to disagree and hope we end up ok and can do continue to argue lol.

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

To the border closings...the travel bans..etc etc..your only complaint is timing...wasnt fast enough for you??  Hindisght is always 2020..you would have flipped your chit if he did it 2 weeks earlier...or even 2 days earlier...

Agree to disagree and hope we end up ok and can do continue to argue lol.

I never complained at all about border closings or travel bans.  Look where we're at right now.  People can't get tested.  Our hospitals are short on supplies.  Could we have prepared better know that this was a possibility to happen or was it smart to wait and see how bad it could be before reacting?

27 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Your delusional bro. Please tel me your magical solution

This is simply a coping mechanism for the lefties.  They need someone to blame and Trump has been target #1 for the last 3+ years.

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

This is simply a coping mechanism for the lefties.  They need someone to blame and Trump has been target #1 for the last 3+ years.

Not liking Trump does not make one a lefty.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Maybe it's because he keeps doing a shiitty job?  Ever consider that?

Or maybe you just refuse to see that he’s done more good for this country than anyone in our lifetime. He’s the only leader who Has made it a priority to protect Americans first. I wasn’t a trump supporter in the slightest but he’s been the most American president I’ve seen. Maybe if people would have just shut up and gone to work with him from day one things would have been better. Imagine if your hero Obama was under attack nonstop every single day. Imagine if Obama did anything to help Americans. They would have parades daily 

• Haha 1

I think Trump could have done more, sooner. If a moron like me can garner enough information from  twitter during the month of January, then our President should be able to see what's coming even sooner. I moved out of the stock market on Jan 27th. I started buying extra groceries the same week. 

It didn't have to be a rocket surgeon to see what was coming.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

Because american healthcare is pay to play. Celebrities and politicians get tested with no symptoms while somebody died at the hospital a mile from my house exposing the entire hospital staff while they were waiting on the results for 5 days

Would the results have saved the person's life if they were received sooner? Wouldn't the symptoms be treated the same regardless of when the test comes back? 

47 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Or maybe you just refuse to see that he’s done more good for this country than anyone in our lifetime. He’s the only leader who Has made it a priority to protect Americans first. I wasn’t a trump supporter in the slightest but he’s been the most American president I’ve seen. Maybe if people would have just shut up and gone to work with him from day one things would have been better. Imagine if your hero Obama was under attack nonstop every single day. Imagine if Obama did anything to help Americans. They would have parades daily 

I just don't see Trump as that person.  I think that's what he wants people to think of him and I know many people have bought into it.  I don't believe him though.  I don't trust him.

As for Obama, I don't care.  He's not the President anymore and don't see why he needs to be brought up all the time when discussing Trump.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Maybe it's because he keeps doing a shiitty job?  Ever consider that?

When the Governor's of BOTH CA and NY, two people you've clashed with HARD since the day you took office, praise your work you're not doing a bad job. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

Because american healthcare is pay to play. Celebrities and politicians get tested with no symptoms while somebody died at the hospital a mile from my house exposing the entire hospital staff while they were waiting on the results for 5 days

There is truth right here. There is no doubt that something is up. The ratio of the elites being diagnosed vs the general population has to be way out of whack. Now let’s see what the death rate is for the swells vs the plebes. Perhaps a call to arms ( figuratively) is in order. 

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I just don't see Trump as that person.  I think that's what he wants people to think of him and I know many people have bought into it.  I don't believe him though.  I don't trust him.

As for Obama, I don't care.  He's not the President anymore and don't see why he needs to be brought up all the time when discussing Trump.

ok about Obama

name something Trump has done that doesnt have the best interest of ALL Americans first and foremost?

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Can't  you stay open with a call in business. In other words no one enters, they just call in a pickup curbside.

That's an option possibly.  I was closed yesterday but am opening today for even more shortened hours.  I have the beer cooler compressor running and moved my milk to that one and shut off the pop cooler compressor.  I moved all my ice cream to a chest freezer that will be accessible to customers.  If I can get down to one 220 volt compressor my electricity bill might not be too bad, hopefully.  Whitmer is declaring stay at home today I think if she hasn't already.  I just have so much beer and if I don't sell it down I'm kinda screwed.  Liquor lasts indefinitely but beer and pop are all dated.  I have thought about what you said though, have the regulars call ahead, I'll prepare their order and they can pay over the phone with a credit card.  That might work for certain hours but I definitely don't want to be here all day doing that.  I'm out in the country, I'm not super busy on a good day, let alone a shelter in place scenario.

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

ok about Obama

name something Trump has done that doesnt have the best interest of ALL Americans first and foremost?

Roll backs of environmental policies.

I know you won't agree but I think his tax reform was made to be more beneficial to some and not ALL.

5 minutes ago, fandandy said:

That's an option possibly.  I was closed yesterday but am opening today for even more shortened hours.  I have the beer cooler compressor running and moved my milk to that one and shut off the pop cooler compressor.  I moved all my ice cream to a chest freezer that will be accessible to customers.  If I can get down to one 220 volt compressor my electricity bill might not be too bad, hopefully.  Whitmer is declaring stay at home today I think if she hasn't already.  I just have so much beer and if I don't sell it down I'm kinda screwed.  Liquor lasts indefinitely but beer and pop are all dated.  I have thought about what you said though, have the regulars call ahead, I'll prepare their order and they can pay over the phone with a credit card.  That might work for certain hours but I definitely don't want to be here all day doing that.  I'm out in the country, I'm not super busy on a good day, let alone a shelter in place scenario.

Maybe the Geek Club can band together and take care of that beer for you!  

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Roll backs of environmental policies.

I know you won't agree but I think his tax reform was made to be more beneficial to some and not ALL.

I think that and plenty of people do that the vast majority of environmental issues were overblown.

I will pass that argument to I believe MtSkiBum

even with evil Trump we continue to lead the way in carbon emission reduction

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

When the Governor's of BOTH CA and NY, two people you've clashed with HARD since the day you took office, praise your work you're not doing a bad job. 

This is the only argument that needs to be made.  

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

This is the only argument that needs to be made.  

What exactly did they say in praise? 

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Maybe the Geek Club can band together and take care of that beer for you!  

I'll tell you what, if it ever does get that bad and the Geek Club all unites at NV's swamp, I'll bring loads of beer, liquor, and cigarettes.

California's Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom praised President Donald Trump on Monday for supporting his state as it assisted with the repatriation of passengers from the coronavirus-infected Grand Princess cruise ship.

Trump and his administration have faced criticism for their response to the coronavirus. But Newsom, who declared a state of emergency in California last Wednesday, shared positive remarks about the way the president had responded and supported the West Coast state as it allowed the Grand Princess, which had 21 infected passengers aboard, to dock in Oakland.

"We had a private conversation, but he said, 'We're gonna do the right thing' and 'You have my support, all of our support, logistically and otherwise,'" Newsom told reporters at a Monday news conference.

"He said everything I could have hoped for," the governor asserted. "And we had a very long conversation and every single thing he said, they followed through on," he noted.

• Thanks 2

That's great to hear^

The basic plan to help areas w/overloaded hospitals:

32 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I'll tell you what, if it ever does get that bad and the Geek Club all unites at NV's swamp, I'll bring loads of beer, liquor, and cigarettes.

My wife is going to be very tired.  

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

My wife is going to be very tired.  

Probably after all the excitement wears off.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Probably after all the excitement wears off.

She'll feel like a mooslim with 72 virgins running around the yard.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

She'll feel like a mooslim with 72 virgins running around the yard.  

I think you're being generous with the number of folks that frequent this lightly trafficked message bored. 

Mich gov Whitmer just issued stay at home orders.  The state has 10 plus million residents of which she says potentially 70% could eventually become infected and up to 1 million residents in time might need hospitalization and that the state has about 25,000 intensive care beds.  A lot of ifs and maybes but still things could get ugly pretty much everywhere within the next couple weeks.  

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Mich gov Whitmer just issued stay at home orders.  The state has 10 plus million residents of which she says potentially 70% could eventually become infected and up to 1 million residents in time might need hospitalization and that the state has about 25,000 intensive care beds.  A lot of ifs and maybes but still things could get ugly pretty much everywhere within the next couple weeks.  

70%?  I'd like to see her Math. 

8 minutes ago, fandandy said:

this seems like silly talk to me at this point.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not delusional at all.  I don't have a solution and I'm not responsible for the solution.  I'm not the focking President that's responsible for leading our country.

I'm curious how exactly I'm delusional with my opinion.  What exactly has Trump done well so far with this virus?  I have no problem agreeing with you if you can present something that is accurate.

Maybe Trump should adopt Obama's approach to handling an outbreak: DO NOTHING

1 minute ago, joneo said:

Maybe Trump should adopt Obama's approach to handling an outbreak: DO NOTHING

That sounds really stupid.

16 minutes ago, Strike said:

70%?  I'd like to see her Math. 

Math is not her strong suit....believe me!

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

You could take orders anywhere. Even at home then meet at a certain time. You could fulfill several orders at a time so you wouldn't  have to be there all the time. 

31 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That sounds really stupid.

Well, what should Obama have done?

Just now, joneo said:

Well, what should Obama have done?

I don't know.  I didn't pay attention to what he did and didn't do then.  Why are we talking about Obama?

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't know.  I didn't pay attention to what he did and didn't do then.  Why are we talking about Obama?

True. Why start now? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

True. Why start now? 

Because I'm older and see how politics can affect my life more.  This virus also looks to be more serious than the last outbreak.

What did Obama do that was so much worse than how Trump is handling things?

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/23/nyt-edits-headline-coronavirus/

NYT Quietly Edits Headline On Failed Coronavirus Deal To Protect Democrats — Twice

The New York Times quietly edited a headline on the coronavirus relief package that stalled in Congress Sunday, twice making adjustments that were more favorable to Democrats.

The original headline read “Democrats Block Action on $1.8 Trillion Stimulus.”

The second version still pointed to Democrats as the reason for the stall, but added their justification. “Democrats Block Action on Stimulus Plan, Seeking Worker Protections.” 

The third headline removed Democrats entirely, saying instead, “Partisan Divide Threatens Deal on Rescue Bill.”

All three of the headline changes, according to those who tracked the evolution, occurred in the space of about an hour.

Democrats reportedly blocked the bill because it did not go far enough with regard to SNAP funding and additional emergency unemployment insurance and paid leave protections for workers. Another bill guaranteeing paid sick leave and expanding unemployment assistance had already passed earlier in the week.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi signaled the move when she announced her intention to stop negotiations with the Senate and present her own coronavirus relief plan.

18 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Because I'm older and see how politics can affect my life more.  This virus also looks to be more serious than the last outbreak.

What did Obama do that was so much worse than how Trump is handling things?

Obama did nothing and Trump is most everything possible.