Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

10 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

The testing situation in the US is an absolute joke, honestly. Current turn around time here for results is six f*cking days, and we are how far into the outbreak?

not sure where you get your info, that was 2-3 weeks ago

now this is at hospitals (which is where the most urgency is), but it is spreading rapidly

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/21/coronavirus-test-returns-results-in-45-minutes/

45 mins

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

now this is at hospitals (which is where the most urgency is), but it is spreading rapidly

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/21/coronavirus-test-returns-results-in-45-minutes/

45 mins

I get that info from working in a hospital in intensive care. As of yesterday we are still stuck with tests that take six days. That nice new test may be at some hospitals, but it didn't magically get mass produced and delivered in bulk to every hospital in the country.

46 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’d bet China had more dead than we have that are just diagnosed with it. It will come out. 

Im not going to look this up, but someone told me today that 2 mil plus Chinese cell phones have been disconnected during this

The US has the most confirmed cases in the world. And we are testing very few compared to other industrialized nations... Think about that. 

5 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I get that info from working in a hospital in intensive care. As of yesterday we are still stuck with tests that take six days. That nice new test may be at some hospitals, but it didn't magically get mass produced and delivered in bulk to every hospital in the country.

I get it, but its being worked on, according to the press conference today, most doctors offices will have access to a 15 min test within a couple of days.  By April multiple companies will be able to produce 1mil + of these tests a week

we are doing more tests than anyone in the world, I dont know what else you can expect.  Yes some tests take 4-5 days, but development is on going

also thank you for the work you do

18 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I don’t think it is a good comparison. For China, it was a novel virus. There were no tests. We had a head start. A better comparison is South Korea and how much they tested.

I thought that China created their own test early on? 

The reason I wanted to see testing numbers based on percent of population is because China has a billion more people than the U.S. I'm not sure how the U.S could have tested more people at week 4 of the outbreak than China at week 14 with the difference in total population.  

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The US has the most confirmed cases in the world. And we are testing very few compared to other industrialized nations... Think about that. 

false bro

SK had the most tests completed and we have surpassed them 

we have tested over 500k

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This site has some good info. https://covidtracking.com/data/

Thanks.

Based on that, U.S has tested 520k people total. (which is .16% of total population).  It still doesn't show how many people China tested. If the same percent of people were tested in China, that would mean they tested 2.1 million people.

They had the test before us, but tested less people over a longer period of time? I'm skeptical.

7 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Thanks.

Based on that, U.S has tested 520k people total. (which is .16% of total population).  It still doesn't show how many people China tested. If the same percent of people were tested in China, that would mean they tested 2.1 million people.

They had the test before us, but tested less people over a longer period of time? I'm skeptical.

They didn't have "the" test, they had "a" test.  We are not using the same test and ours is much more accurate.

19 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

false bro

SK had the most tests completed and we have surpassed them 

we have tested over 500k

Testing per one million I should clarify

No offense, but one shouldn’t take any data from China.  False data is worse than no data.  

Similarly Russia has reported 800 total cases (yeah okay) and North Korea.....zero!

Delete that out of any models.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

They didn't have "the" test, they had "a" test.  We are not using the same test and ours is much more accurate.

What was the accuracy of their "test". If they tested roughly 4 times as many people, the accuracy of their test would need to be 25% for the numbers to be considered similar. 

I get it that we can't trust the numbers coming out of China. But, to disregard that the U.S has now surpassed every other country (including China) is downplaying for the sake of downplaying. We are still in the thick of things where China is now seeing some semblance of normalcy. 

People say China is lying about their numbers, which they are. The US, maybe purposely maybe not, is also hiding info by not testing more people. Maybe it's a giant game in a way to prove a country is stronger by not getting hit so bad? 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I dont have a problem with it, if it said LEGAL immigrants and REFUGEES, as in ones that are already here?  If we allowed them here, and they are working and contributing they should be entitled to help as well

🖕

we have given more tests in 8 days than SK has given in 8 weeks

most doctors offices will have access very shortly to a test that takes 15 mins for results (press conference)

Except that is what we are being told and the reality doesn't back that up.

45 mins

This article talks in future tense.  Not current tense.  We will be further along in 2 more weeks than we are today, but we aren't there yet. 

I don’t think we are ever going to get accuracy via the tests at this point. May as well use hospitalizations as a gauge? 

44 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

People say China is lying about their numbers, which they are. The US, maybe purposely maybe not, is also hiding info by not testing more people. Maybe it's a giant game in a way to prove a country is stronger by not getting hit so bad? 

Come on man.  

It’s not possible logistically to get accurate measures of who is getting tested. There are too many people that ride it out at home or want to avoid huge medical bills that won’t get tested. Then there’s legions of people walking around right now that don’t know they have it and won’t get sick for a week. None of that matters anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Testing per one million I should clarify

This is an incorrect application of statistics.  The absolute (vs. relative) number of tests is the best measure of a country's ability to roll those tests out, and we have done more than anybody.  I'm not saying it can't get better, but your math is invalid.  

Also you seem to have severe TDS on this topic in general, you might want to take a step back from the computer, just saying.   :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

This article talks in future tense.  Not current tense.  We will be further along in 2 more weeks than we are today, but we aren't there yet. 

I am talking about the press release from today, they said that by the end of the weekend if not sooner

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

🖕

sorry bro, but people here legally contributing should get just as much help as you and me

I know if it were up to you, only straight white males would get it though

16 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This is an incorrect application of statistics.  The absolute (vs. relative) number of tests is the best measure of a country's ability to roll those tests out, and we have done more than anybody.  I'm not saying it can't get better, but your math is invalid.  

Also you seem to have severe TDS on this topic in general, you might want to take a step back from the computer, just saying.   :thumbsup:

How many tests we have compared to our population absolutely does matter. 

11 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

sorry bro, but people here legally contributing should get just as much help as you and me

I know if it were up to you, only straight white males would get it though

Social security number + filed taxes in 2018 everyone else should gtfo

Ok libtard

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Social security number + filed taxes in 2018 everyone else should gtfo

Ok libtard

thats what I said in the first place dummy

what part of everyone here LEGALLY and CONTRIBUTING dont you understand

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

thats what I said in the first place dummy

what part of everyone here LEGALLY and CONTRIBUTING dont you understand

Refugees don't have SS#'s as far I know, maybe you aren't understanding Gaetz tweet?

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Refugees don't have SS#'s as far I know, maybe you aren't understanding Gaetz tweet?

they are here legally?

they work and pay taxes?

you have to have a federal employee ID number

10 hours ago, fandandy said:

We have all been watching this play out here since at least mid-January, many of us since even earlier than that. Why did we wait so long to shut down flights into this country?  What if we had shut down all inbound flights in January?  How could that decision possibly have hurt the US economy more than what we are doing now?   There have been instances in the past, 9-11 comes to mind, where we allow the government to completely alter our long term reality in response to a singular event.  I think the same thing is happening now.

I'm impressed with your 20/20 hindsight. 

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

they are here legally?

they work and pay taxes?

you have to have a federal employee ID number

Sure legally because of all the BS immigration laws we have in this country (Mainly bc Dems). Refugees shouldnt get a dime of that money.  Neocon

On 1/27/2020 at 9:25 AM, fandandy said:

Exactly.  Have we shut down flights from China yet?  I don't think we have.  This stuff incubates with no symptoms for up to 14 days and is contagious the entire time.  It boggles my mind if we haven't yet stopped inbound flights from there.

And secondly, God bless the man but it's during times like this that someone else in the WH might put my mind more at ease.  As of this morning, all the dumb focker is tweeting about is impeachment.  

• Like 1

I was prolly the first person here calling for blocking inbound flights and the first who pointed out the upcoming shortage of PPE.  Hindsight my ass.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I was prolly the first person here calling for blocking inbound flights and the first who pointed out the upcoming shortage of PPE.  Hindsight my ass.

Some of us have been wanting to block certain incoming flights for years. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Some of us have been wanting to block certain incoming flights for years. 

Agreed, but Nv's point was that I'm jumping on some sort of bandwagon late.  Bullshit.  He was one of the dopes telling us it was a bad idea to buy a little bit of food. Piss off.

• Like 1

I know at least one poster years ago that said they didn’t want people coming here from shithole countries because of the disease they may bring. Morons like Shonuff called me, I mean him a racist. 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

How many tests we have compared to our population absolutely does matter. 

I didn't say it didn't matter, I said it was not a fair measure of our efforts to roll out testing.  Of course we need to keep rolling them out.  You and your TDS just don't want to recognize that we are testing people at a much faster rate than SoKo.  :dunno:

Bad news:  We're the leader in coronavirus positive tests.

Good news:  With that said, we are sixth in deaths.

On pace with South Korea at a 1.5% death rate, which as gruesome as it sounds, is a good number. 

If not wanting people coming here from shithole countries with medieval practices and the diseases that go with them is racist then suit me up for a white robe. This is the end of that BS argument. 

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Bad news:  We're the leader in coronavirus positive tests.

Good news:  With that said, we are sixth in deaths.

On pace with South Korea at a 1.5% death rate, which as gruesome as it sounds, is a good number. 

we are also the leader in tests conducted as well, and will lap the field and start sending them out to other countries soon.  Like everything else, America always dominates everything.  As more tests become available I expect our % to drop under 1.0%