Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Again, I think the testing thing is over for figuring out where we stand. . Hospitalizations will tell us where we are at. 

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I didn't say it didn't matter, I said it was not a fair measure of our efforts to roll out testing.  Of course we need to keep rolling them out.  You and your TDS just don't want to recognize that we are testing people at a much faster rate than SoKo.  :dunno:

It's not TDS. I call it like I see it. Just because I disagree with him doesn't mean i have TDS. You are just the same as any Trumpeteer. Disagree with him and it's TDS. It's pretty sad that this is your response. I have said many times now I'm voting for Trump next election (unless he completely butchers this, which I don't expect) 

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/finance/news/bill-gates-on-coronavirus-161803530.html

I trust a much smarter person in Bill Gates here, who built an empire through capitalism and also spends a ton of time reading and measuring things like a pandemic. Trump wants the country to pretty much go about business as usual by Easter. According to Gates, that's not the right move. 

Trumps claim that the US isn't built for an economic stand still like this. Is any country?

42 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Sure legally because of all the BS immigration laws we have in this country (Mainly bc Dems). Refugees shouldnt get a dime of that money.  Neocon

yah its a little late for that, Id never take another refugee though.  Now isnt the time, this isnt political this is a humanity situation

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Again, I think the testing thing is over for figuring out where we stand. . Hospitalizations will tell us where we are at. 

I think that's short sighted. At this point I would hope we are doing the best we can with testing with what's available, but the goal should be tracking this by testing down the road once we can produce enough. Testing people with even mild symptoms and then quaranting them is the most efficient way to eradicate this virus and lessen the economic impact. Testing people who have come in contact with those who test positive themselves until they are either a positive, or it's past the incubation stage. Otherwise this thing will just run its course and royally screw the economy anyway. 

Gates is a globalist.  I'm not saying he's not smart but I'm not sure I trust him more than Trump to do what's best for America.  Look at the changes after 9-11.  Think about what the changes after this will be.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are some who are waiting to implement a one-world cashless currency and needed something just like this to push it through.  

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I think that's short sighted. At this point I would hope we are doing the best we can with testing with what's available, but the goal should be tracking this by testing down the road once we can produce enough. Testing people with even mild symptoms and then quaranting them is the most efficient way to eradicate this virus and lessen the economic impact. Testing people who have come in contact with those who test positive themselves until they are either a positive, or it's past the incubation stage. Otherwise this thing will just run its course and royally screw the economy anyway. 

I’m not saying to stop testing. I’m just saying to use hospitalizations as an indicator of where we are at. Testing has too many moving parts and collecting and processing that data is ripe for mistakes in the count to be made. 

12 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Gates is a globalist.  I'm not saying he's not smart but I'm not sure I trust him more than Trump to do what's best for America.  Look at the changes after 9-11.  Think about what the changes after this will be.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are some who are waiting to implement a one-world cashless currency and needed something just like this to push it through.  

I don't think it matters in this instance. Gates believes that removing movement restrictions would be far worse than going on lock down for 6 to 10 weeks. I trust Gates over Trump. Most scientists seem to agree with Gates anyway

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

You gotto know by now that you can't take every single thing Trump says literally.  

Close

You gotto know by now that you can't take every single thing Trump says seriously.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Agreed, but Nv's point was that I'm jumping on some sort of bandwagon late.  Bullshit.  He was one of the dopes telling us it was a bad idea to buy a little bit of food. Piss off.

Are you saying the grocery stores are empty?   

13 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Are you saying the grocery stores are empty?   

Nope, but having a bit of foresight might have kept someone from trekking out during a lockdown.  Some of us would rather not be grocery shopping now.

17 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Nope, but having a bit of foresight might have kept someone from trekking out during a lockdown.  Some of us would rather not be grocery shopping now.

It isn’t that bad. Even in China people did take out and went to the grocery store every week. We are shooting for going to the store every 2 weeks starting tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Strike said:

China isn't reporting legit stats.

China's stats on number of deaths and number of cases is inaccurate because they were overwhelmed and weren't testing and counting. If there were no hospital beds you were sent home, if you died without being diagnosed, didn't count. If you had a cough and tightness in the chest for a few days and didn't go in and got better.... didn't count.

I do think the number of people infected now is accurate as we're on the back end of shutting down the economy. The emergency hospitals they built are closing and doctors, nurses, and police are returning home from Hubei. Checkpoints are gone, bullhorns have stopped blaring, everyplace is re-opening  (except schools :mad: ) , traffic is 1/2 to 2/3 normal, and mask discipline is lax in a good 25% of people.

Sichuan is back up to eight active cases, after we'd been as low as one. Hubei itself, is plummeting by the hundred with every new update, down to 3,431.

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It's not TDS. I call it like I see it. Just because I disagree with him doesn't mean i have TDS. You are just the same as any Trumpeteer. Disagree with him and it's TDS. It's pretty sad that this is your response. I have said many times now I'm voting for Trump next election (unless he completely butchers this, which I don't expect) 

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/finance/news/bill-gates-on-coronavirus-161803530.html

I trust a much smarter person in Bill Gates here, who built an empire through capitalism and also spends a ton of time reading and measuring things like a pandemic. Trump wants the country to pretty much go about business as usual by Easter. According to Gates, that's not the right move. 

Trumps claim that the US isn't built for an economic stand still like this. Is any country?

I said you have TDS because yesterday you blamed Trump because some idiots ate aquarium cleaner, and when I called you on that idiocy, you went on some screed about Trump lying and other stuff which had nothing to do with aquarium cleaner.  HTH.

And I'm not a Trumpeteer, if by that you mean a person who thinks that Trump can do no wrong.  I've criticized him plenty, although I do defend him more often than not.  

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I said you have TDS because yesterday you blamed Trump because some idiots ate aquarium cleaner, and when I called you on that idiocy, you went on some screed about Trump lying and other stuff which had nothing to do with aquarium cleaner.  HTH.

And I'm not a Trumpeteer, if by that you mean a person who thinks that Trump can do no wrong.  I've criticized him plenty, although I do defend him more often than not.  

I think you have me confused with someone else. I never commented on the aquarium incident, nor would I blame Trump for that. I also don't believe you are a Trumpeteer, but that you were acting like one just because I didn't agree with him. 

I have been to AZ before, where the aquarium cleaner incident happened. There are some seriously retarded people there. It doesn't surprise me someone tried this. 

Lets get off the name calling and focus on the virus and issues...

Just sayin...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Lets get off the name calling and focus on the virus and issues...

Just sayin...

What ever dummy.  😂

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2020 at 11:31 PM, Voltaire said:

Excellent.

China is the place to be right now. We hit a milestone today. For the first time since it started, no new domestic cases in all of China, including Hubei, were reported in 24 hours. Sichuan's been there for close to two weeks and Panzhihua close to four weeks. All new cases reported were being re-imported from outside China now.

Sichuan did have a new case yesterday and everyone else cured so we're down to one infected total. That new person must have been one of the people coming in from outside the country.

So Sichuan, 540 total infected,  536 recovered, 1 still infected, and 3 dead. 

Even focking Hubei is down to 6788 active cases and that number plummets by the hundreds and thousands every time it is updated.

I don't believe a focking word of the crap the commies are spewing.

Their numbers are just obviously lies.

Amd today they ban all foreigner entry, even residents?

Not buying it. Their numbers are a combination of saving face, desire to "win" in this "contest", and utter economic desperation. They HAVE to get the economy back up and running.

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Not buying it. Their numbers are a combination of saving face, desire to "win" in this "contest", and utter economic desperation. They HAVE to get the economy back up and running.

The cure is worse than the disease? 

26 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

who we talking about again?

Reports keep going up here in Iowa and more in my county.  My business has been very busy yet as farmers are getting ready for planting season.  Yesterday was a crazy day as the phone were ringing all day and we had an influx of customers coming in.  The majority of the customers coming in were over the age of 60 and they either don't know better or just don't care.  We have no choice but to stop closing out doors and having customers call in to have us set their parts outside.  I wish I could rely on others being responsible but it's not working.  We have a handful of guys that just like to come in and sit at the counter to BS for an hour.

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I think you have me confused with someone else. I never commented on the aquarium incident, nor would I blame Trump for that. I also don't believe you are a Trumpeteer, but that you were acting like one just because I didn't agree with him. 

I have been to AZ before, where the aquarium cleaner incident happened. There are some seriously retarded people there. It doesn't surprise me someone tried this. 

My apologies then, I thought that was you.  :cheers:

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Everything has eased up, mask discipline in a joke now as we're down to 30% of people wearing them, and pretty much every place is back to being open again. Is it different in Shenzhen?

I'm glad they banned foreigner entry, that's where all the new cases have been coming from for over a week.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Reports keep going up here in Iowa and more in my county.  My business has been very busy yet as farmers are getting ready for planting season.  Yesterday was a crazy day as the phone were ringing all day and we had an influx of customers coming in.  The majority of the customers coming in were over the age of 60 and they either don't know better or just don't care.  We have no choice but to stop closing out doors and having customers call in to have us set their parts outside.  I wish I could rely on others being responsible but it's not working.  We have a handful of guys that just like to come in and sit at the counter to BS for an hour.

Same around here.  We closed our doors on Monday.  Farmers don't seem to get it at all.  Plus most of them are coming back from other parts of the country TX/AZ.  

My cousin had been home sick for the last week.  Had a fever, dry cough, aches and pains.  Called the doctor and told him to stay home.  They only wanted to see him if it got difficult to breath.  He's back to work and feeling fine now.  Looks like he had influenza.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I'm glad they banned foreigner entry, that's where all the new cases have been coming from for over a week.

Why would you believe this?  

Just now, NorthernVike said:

Same around here.  We closed our doors on Monday.  Farmers don't seem to get it at all.  Plus most of them are coming back from other parts of the country TX/AZ.  

My father-in-law is a farmer and told the family that he wanted to have a fish fry tonight for everyone.  He had no idea that it was a terrible idea.  They are still frying fish but are making it so we can pick it up and bring home.

Just now, NorthernVike said:

Why would you believe this?  

Well... a report of official numbers... I take the number of infected at face value as it jives with the way things seem to be now. Things are so much more lax now than they had been and yet nothing bad is happening.

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My cousin had been home sick for the last week.  Had a fever, dry cough, aches and pains.  Called the doctor and told him to stay home.  They only wanted to see him if it got difficult to breath.  He's back to work and feeling fine now.  Looks like he had influenza.

Could be either. Not sure why they didn't test him for the flu

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why don't you think it was Covid-19?  

16 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I don't think they want to see everyone right now.  You need to be not able to breathe according to the radio program I'm listening to right now before they want you to go to the ER, which most likely will be a tent outside the hospital.

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Our area clinics are advising everyone to call before coming in and they go from there.  That's about all I know of now.  We are getting more and more cases though. 

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Why don't you think it was Covid-19?  

I don't know.  He told me it was influenza and I'm guessing that's what the doctor told him over the phone.  Nothing confirmed though since he wasn't tested.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't know.  He told me it was influenza and I'm guessing that's what the doctor told him over the phone.  Nothing confirmed though since he wasn't tested.

I understand.  I think a lot of the Covid-19 cases will go undetected.  Not saying your cousin had it but a very high percentage of those infected won't go to the hospital or be tested.  We will never know the real numbers.

18 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I understand.  I think a lot of the Covid-19 cases will go undetected.  Not saying your cousin had it but a very high percentage of those infected won't go to the hospital or be tested.  We will never know the real numbers.

I agree.  That's why it's so important for people to isolate themselves as best they can.  The possibility of people without symptoms spreading this looks to be pretty high.

people may want to pick up one of those finger O2 meters..would help when deciding to go to the hospital if your sick.  We have a couple because my inlaws have COPD and Lung Cancer...

They live with us as you recall...

Tempted to start going out.