Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Cuomo lying about ventilators. NY has a stock pile yes we see these stories of people having to share themĀ 

There has to be a Red Green episode here waiting to happen where he makes his own ventilator out of a leaf blower.

7 minutes ago, fandandy said:

There has to be a Red Green episode here waiting to happen where he makes his own ventilator out of a leaf blower.

or he can just use one of the thousands not in use

Starting to pick up in Mexico. Oh boy.Ā 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Cuomo lying about ventilators. NY has a stock pile yes we see these stories of people having to share themĀ 

Why are they doing this?

4 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Why are they doing this?

Cuomo says heā€™s saving them for the apex.Ā 

On 1/24/2020 at 12:00 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

The developed (white) nations had a great handle on this stuff. Now that we do business with and allow the worlds backwards countries people in here we have a problem. Nice work libtards/ bankers/corporations.Ā 

I like this guy. Ā 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Starting to pick up in Mexico. Oh boy.Ā 

my guess is mexico burns to the ground. hopefully all cartel members die from it.

10 minutes ago, lod001 said:

my guess is mexico burns to the ground. hopefully all cartel members die from it.

They will be fine.Ā  Much like the Mafia in Italy.Ā  They will be okay and will not be impacted.Ā  Likely they will get more power.Ā 

Well, the first segment on 60 minutes wasnā€™t very hopeful.Ā 

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, the first segment on 60 minutes wasnā€™t very hopeful.Ā 

I might suggest you grab some early 2000ā€™s comedy. Blue Collar Comedy tour is a much better option than it what on TV now.

9 hours ago, Leeson said:

I don't know. And right now, I don't care about what anyone did leading up to this point. All efforts should be on protecting the citizens of this country. I don't believe that we can make enough masks for the entire population to properly use (dispose of after 1 use) and supply medical workers.Ā 

The best thing people can do is to stay home if they don't have to go out. They don't need a mask at home.

Ā 

9 hours ago, Leeson said:

This is exactly why I don't think they should tell everyone to wear masks. The demandĀ would greatly outpace the supply ofĀ masks. It would become the new toilet paper.Ā 

Bullshiot.Ā  The demand outpaces the supply because of this inane "single use" idea of making the perfect being the enemy of the good.Ā  Get a mask -- cloth, N95, whatever.Ā  Wear it when you need to go out.Ā  Clean it when you can, as best as you can.Ā  It will stop 99% of COVID.Ā Ā 

If we don't have a bunch of child laborers in China making millions of cloth masks, I will want to kidney punch Trump.Ā  :angry:

My office is on mandatory work-from-home rules thru Apr. 7th.

With cases escalating in Texas, I'd be shocked if it's not extended.Ā 

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Ā 

Bullshiot.Ā  The demand outpaces the supply because of this inane "single use" idea of making the perfect being the enemy of the good.Ā  Get a mask -- cloth, N95, whatever.Ā  Wear it when you need to go out.Ā  Clean it when you can, as best as you can.Ā  It will stop 99% of COVID.Ā Ā 

If we don't have a bunch of child laborers in China making millions of cloth masks, I will want to kidney punch Trump.Ā  :angry:

We are staying at home.Ā  Except weekends.Ā  My wife and her sis wear n95 masks when we hit the grocery store.

When they are done...they take the masks off and leave them in the trunk of the car. Few days later while not sterile the virus will be dead

On 3/29/2020 at 12:32 AM, jerryskids said:

My wife has started making masks out of leftover quilting fabric and we've decided to wear them when we need to go out, in part to start the process of socializing them.Ā  Yesterday I went to an Ace and it was like nothing was going on.Ā  Old, young, didn't matter, people walking around close to each other with no masks, handing stuff to the cashier, etc.Ā  One person saw me and said "whoa."Ā  After that I went to the pool supply store; the cashier saw me and asked if I was wearing it because I am sick.Ā  No maam, I'm wearing it to not get sick.

If everyone wore something like these, we'd be done with this shiot in a few weeks.Ā  Also I expect the mask suggestion/request/order to come down by next week.Ā  Long overdue IMO.

Today my wife did something that hasn't happened ... ever. She brought up a post from the Geek Club. Sometimes I show her stuff other people write, but it has never gone the other way. I did, of course read it myself previously and knew it was a jerry post.Ā I didn't realize she reads here.

The post she brought up is this one. We can't believe the US isn't wearing masks. We watch press conferences with the president and wonder why no masks.

This post drove home how stupid it is.Ā She says that when Chinese people were in Italy they were harassed and treated like lepersĀ if they were in public wearing masks as is common here (was common :rolleyes: ). It frightened people to see Asians in masks and it was for this reason, people thought they were sick. "No I'm not sick, I'm trying to stay healthy." AĀ lot of Chinese thought it best to take off their masks so as to fit in better and not cause problems.

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Today my wife did something that hasn't happened ... ever. She brought up a post from the Geek Club. Sometimes I show her stuff other people write, but it has never gone the other way. I did, of course read it myself previously and knew it was a jerry post.Ā I didn't realize she reads here.

The post she brought up is this one. We can't believe the US isn't wearing masks. We watch press conferences with the president and wonder why no masks.

This post drove home how stupid it is.Ā She says that when Chinese people were in Italy they were harassed and treated like lepersĀ if they were in public wearing masks as is common here (was common :rolleyes: )

. It frightened people to see Asians in masks. AĀ lot of Chinese thought it best to take off their masks so as to not cause problems.

Masks donā€™t look cool. Some think people who wear masks are overreacting or looking for attention.Ā 

11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This post drove home how stupid it is.Ā She says that when Chinese people were in Italy they were harassed and treated like lepersĀ if they were in public wearing masks as is common here (was common :rolleyes: ). It frightened people to see Asians in masks and it was for this reason, people thought they were sick. "No I'm not sick, I'm trying to stay healthy." AĀ lot of Chinese thought it best to take off their masks so as to fit in better and not cause problems.

Some of it is that Asians wearĀ them even when there is no pandemic and some of it is what we are told (they donā€™t help, medical staff need them more, etc.).

52 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

We are staying at home.Ā  Except weekends.Ā  My wife and her sis wear n95 masks when we hit the grocery store.

When they are done...they take the masks off and leave them in the trunk of the car. Few days later while not sterile the virus will be dead

About 1/3 the way down page 75, HTH provides a list of advice that comes from Johns Hopkins Hospital. On that list, is that the virus does better in dark places to bright and sunny is better.... in other words the top of the dashboard or passenger side seat may be better than the trunk. My wife leaves ours hanging near a window.

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Some of it is that Asians wearĀ them even when there is no pandemic and some of it is what we are told (they donā€™t help, medical staff need them more, etc.).

Surgical masks are ubiquitous in China now. Even the suburbs of 3rd rate cities far from Hubei like this oneĀ have pharmacies full of them.

I remember reading one time how in Europe after ww2 many people adopted existentialism as a mindset. Basically after everything they went through the prior 50 years people just dgaf anymore, Ā nothingĀ Ā mattered. ( Nietzsche)?Ā Ā I wonder after we get through this if peopleĀ will feel the same. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m getting that completely right, but itā€™s the basics of what I remember. Maybe some of you knowĀ more about it. I always found Europeans to be interesting in that they so often got in lock step with groupthink, to a much more severe degree than Americans do.Ā 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I remember reading one time how in Europe after ww2 many people adopted existentialism as a mindset. Basically after everything they went through the prior 50 years people just dgaf anymore, Ā nothingĀ Ā mattered. ( Nietzsche)?Ā Ā I wonder after we get through this if peopleĀ will feel the same. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m getting that completely right, but itā€™s the basics of what I remember. Maybe some of you knowĀ more about it. I always found Europeans to be interesting in that they so often got in lock step with groupthink, to a much more severe degree than Americans do.Ā 

This reminds me, I remember seeing a Richard Feynman interview where he'd felt the same way way you're describing. HeĀ was talking about how for a few years after he'd helped develop The Bomb, he'd just felt overwhelmed and stunned at people going on living everyday life such that he'd seeĀ somebody putting an extension on their house orĀ  re-shingling their roof and think "Don't you understand, none of this matters anymore."

Fortunately, if history is a guide, it's a passing phase.

10 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This reminds me, I remember seeing a Richard Feynman interview where he'd felt the same way way you're describing. HeĀ was talking about how for a few years after he'd helped develop The Bomb, he'd just felt overwhelmed and stunned at people going on living everyday life such that he'd seeĀ somebody putting an extension on their house orĀ  re-shingling their roof and think "Don't you understand, none of this matters anymore."

Fortunately, if history is a guide, it's a passing phase.

Yeah. But I can see a shift in a few things after this. People are going to be pissedĀ about howĀ the elite behaved during this. There have been many stories about wealthy people going to their vacation homes and grabbing up all the resources and possibly bringing the virus with them, and the locals are furious.Ā Ā  Then you have the Wall Street gang doing their thing and basketball players and celebrities not having a problem getting tested. Ā People are going to remember that kind of stuff if this gets much worse.Ā 

On 3/28/2020 at 6:06 AM, MTSkiBum said:

My guess is the below is censored over there.

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/wuhan-melee-03272020131506.html

Ā 

Ā 

I came back in to find where this post was because I owed you a like. I'd not had my VPN on when it was posted so I couldn't look at it until now...

... and you're right. It's not covered. My wife never saw this.

The last line, a throw away "well no duh" line to the rest of you, about how this disease started in Wuhan, is fully censored in China. That is the extentĀ to how far theĀ Chinese government hasĀ distorted the truth on this. "It's from the US". That belief is now about 99% widespread here. Imagine how your life would be differentĀ if Rachel Maddow was your only source of news and Joe Bryant controlled all social media.Ā There's only one Chinese person I know who knows the truth on it all and that's because she lives in my home.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Funny that you didn't know your wife lurks here; Hi Mrs. Voltaire!Ā  I mean the real one, not the gutterboy alias.Ā  Although while I'm at it, hi gutterboy!

Anyway, I showed this to my wife.Ā  She went to Asia several times last year for work.Ā  In Hong Kong she did training and several people in the back of the room had masks on.Ā  What she found weird was that they pulled their masks down to speak.Ā  We guess they were more concerned about getting sick than getting other people sick, since speaking makes moisture come from your mouth.

I'm not a fan of general preventive mask wearing, as I think it is important that we build up immunities.Ā  But in unique times like these, there is no better thing we can be doing now other than staying at home.

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Funny that you didn't know your wife lurks here; Hi Mrs. Voltaire!Ā  I mean the real one, not the gutterboy alias.Ā  Although while I'm at it, hi gutterboy!

Anyway, I showed this to my wife.Ā  She went to Asia several times last year for work.Ā  In Hong Kong she did training and several people in the back of the room had masks on.Ā  What she found weird was that they pulled their masks down to speak.Ā  We guess they were more concerned about getting sick than getting other people sick, since speaking makes moisture come from your mouth.

I'm not a fan of general preventive mask wearing, as I think it is important that we build up immunities.Ā  But in unique times like these, there is no better thing we can be doing now other than staying at home.

hi,i am Mrs Voltaire,youĀ are right,the best way is stay at home.we stay at home almost a month even buy food from internet.we order food,vegetable,meat, and get it next day.that is more safe.we don't have enough masks,the governmentĀ just tell you stay at home everyday.don't make yourselfĀ in trouble that is help the country,we agree with that very much.and if there isĀ Ā one person get coronavirus,the whole apartment will be in emergency,policemen stand by the apartment gate,you cannot get out during 14 days,we think this is a good way control the sick expand.China did good job to control the sick.of course at beginning,we lost time,but we still control it anyway.

She also wants me to bring upĀ again the newsĀ how if someone is in contact with a sick person in China: be it visited, shared a plane, got on the wrong bus at the wrong time, that person is put in hard quarantine for 14 days. Not only that, but a person is assigned to them, set up a cot outside their door to keep them inside and take care of them: bring them (free) food, run errands etc. Either a retiree or a laid off government worker. Our neighbor across the hall had this task asĀ did my wife'sĀ best friend's father. Two people assigned per exposed person, one would sleep at night, one would sleep during the day.

And that was just exposed. The actual sick people were in the hospital.

20 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

hi,i am Mrs Voltaire,youĀ are right,the best way is stay at home.we stay at home almost a month even buy food from internet.we order food,vegetable,meat, and get it next day.that is more safe.we don't have enough masks,the governmentĀ just tell you stay at home everyday.don't make yourselfĀ in trouble that is help the country,we agree with that very much.and if there isĀ Ā one person get coronavirus,the whole apartment will be in emergency,policemen stand by the apartment gate,you cannot get out during 14 days,we think this is a good way control the sick expand.China did good job to control the sick.of course at beginning,we lost time,but we still control it anyway.

can size....sorry...i'm going to hell

17 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Should Trump be telling everyone to take more serious and advise us all to wear masks?

Yes he should. That would be a big thing to containing this. Unfortunately, that would highlight the problem that the masks dont focking exist, since we allowed ourselves to be dependant on China.

They're everywhere here now. I have several dozen N95, and even more surgical here in my apartment.

We should have some plant or plants making those damn things 24/7 in the greatest numbers possible.Ā 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yes he should. That would be a big thing to containing this. Unfortunately, that would highlight the problem that the masks dont focking exist, since we allowed ourselves to be dependant on China.

They're everywhere here now. I have several dozen N95, and even more surgical here in my apartment.

We should have some plant or plants making those damn things 24/7 in the greatest numbers possible.Ā 

Why isn't Fauci coming out saying this??

19 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The only N95 masks I've seen are either the ones Fireballer sent me or the ones attached to somebody else's face. Those haven't made it to pharmacies here yet.Ā Ā Big international city > suburbs or small provincial city. But surgical masks... easy peasy to get.

Oh, by the way, there are direct flights between Shenzhen and Panzhihua.

Ā 

Just now, Voltaire said:

The only N95 masks I've seen are the ones Fireballer sent me or the ones attached to somebody else's face. Those haven't made it to pharmacies here yet but big international city > suburbs or small provincial city.

Oh, by the way, there are direct flights between Shenzhen and Panzhihua.

Ā 

Both the grocery store and the pharmacy have them here. I was. Gonna buy a bag of n95 in the pharmacy, they told me it is buy one get one free. So I have two unopened bags.

Really? May have to come see your ass sometime then. Hell, I don't think we're gonna be able to leave China this summer anyway.Ā 

13 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Both the grocery store and the pharmacy have them here. I was. Gonna buy a bag of n95 in the pharmacy, they told me it is buy one get one free. So I have two unopened bags.

Really? May have to come see your ass sometime then. Hell, I don't think we're gonna be able to leave China this summer anyway.Ā 

The high speed train between Chengdu and Kunming just opened as well in January and stops in Panzhihua. What's nice with that too is the high speed rail station is on this side of the city rather than way the fock out on the other side like the regular train. Ideally, I'm done making that trip out there anymore. It's only a four-sixĀ minute taxi ride or so away.

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The high speed train between Chengdu and Kunming just opened as well in January and stops in Panzhihua. What's nice with that too is the high speed rail station is on this side of the city rather than way the fock out on the other side like the regular train. Ideally, I'm done making that trip out there anymore. It's only a four-sixĀ minute taxi ride or so away.

If we get stuck here for the summer (by which I mean can't really cross any borders) but domestic travel is still available and safe, I could see flying to kunming, seeing yunan, then train to Panzhihua to stop in, and then go on to chengdu, fly home from there.Ā 

If permits are still possible, wouldn't mind doing Tibet. Probably much like Bhutan though, where we just went.Ā 

5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

If we get stuck here for the summer (by which I mean can't really cross any borders) but domestic travel is still available and safe, I could see flying to kunming, seeing yunan, then train to Panzhihua to stop in, and then go on to chengdu, fly home from there.Ā 

If permits are still possible, wouldn't mind doing Tibet. Probably much like Bhutan though, where we just went.Ā 

Dali and Lijiang are in Yunnan really close to Panzhihua. They hadĀ their own kingdom and traditions, similar to howĀ Thailand is, but were absorbed by China a thousand years or whatever ago. That said, we've never made the trip there (I'd been thereĀ before I got married, my kids have never been there). Our first time to goĀ was supposed to have been this January.

23 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Do they work as well as the tests the chinks sent to Europe?

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Do they work as well as the tests the chinks sent to Europe?

ruh roh

I don't know that story. I can imagine it as really bad though.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

ruh roh

I don't know that story. I can imagine it as really bad though.Ā 

It's not good. I'd post specifics but I'm posting from my phone, I'm drunk, and watching Bob Seger live videos.