Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

18 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I’m not following.  What’s the angle?  

Well, I would say the reason not to say exactly where it’s happening can be that certain neighborhoods, like the Hasidic Jewish areas, have not been doing as asked.  And other neighborhoods have a lot of people with underlying conditions. That’s what I come up with, could be wrong.  I don’t think I am though. The city says they don’t release the data by zip code or neighborhood because they have so many areas with a lot of cases.  I don’t buy that.  Also, the neighborhood in Queens near Citifield (Mets) is the biggest Asian neighborhood probably in the country.  It’s jam packed.  

• Like 1

It will be interesting in 6 years or so when people say “The economy tanked under Trumps first term.”.

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I’m gonna actually check her out in a few minutes to see if she acknowledges her statement. Her condescending, snarky and above all inaccurate  statement.  

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m gonna actually check her out in a few minutes to see if she acknowledges her statement. Her condescending, snarky and above all inaccurate  statement.  

Don’t hold your breath. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm watching now, its insane.  Fear Fear Fear.  

Nope, No “my bad”  no “great job by the navy”.  Just that they are there. Twat. 

10 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Wiffle Maddow taken to the woodshed again.  

4 years of lying and losing. Keep up the good work retards.

Im waiting for the  duct tape and plastic defense...im still stocked up from the Anthrax scare. 

Animals in London attacking nurses on their way home from work in uniform.  Calling them disease spreaders. Now they are told not to wear them home. Why do I get the feeling these savages aren’t soccer hooligans? Also, our own animals are attacking hospital staff in NY.  

7 hours ago, drobeski said:

Wiffle Maddow taken to the woodshed again.  

4 years of lying and losing. Keep up the good work retards.

Maddow is perhaps THE top liar in all of news, though Lawrence Donnell has worked very hard to out lie her...... nothing she says....NOTHING....can ever be trusted.

CNN is slightly less bad, but has really taken a turn in recent years and itself is mostly untrustable.

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Maddow is perhaps THE top liar in all of news, though Lawrence Donnell has worked very hard to out lie her...... nothing she says....NOTHING....can ever be trusted.

CNN is slightly less bad, but has really taken a turn in recent years and itself is mostly untrustable.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

I like it.  Now do it for Fox News.

14 minutes ago, RLLD said:

CNN is by far the biggest liar. For years we knew msnbc and fox represented their own side but pretty much most were in agreement that cnn was relatively neutral 

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I like it.  Now do it for Fox News.

You do it. 

Any update on whether the US daily death rate has had a dramatic increase? It has to have, right ? :dunno:

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Any update on whether the US daily death rate has had a dramatic increase? It has to have, right ? :dunno:

Unemployment has gone up. Most new UC benefits claims in history. Read some articles suggesting we’ll have 20-30% unemployment by summer. :( 

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Unemployment has gone up. Most new UC benefits claims in history. Read some articles suggesting we’ll have 20-30% unemployment by summer. :( 

Man this Obama economy took a sudden turn for the worse. :(

or is it finally not his anymore ?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, drobeski said:

We are up to 3415 dead based on data from earlier.  I think that many states don't report out until a little later this afternoon, so I expect it will go up even more.  

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We are up to 3415 dead based on data from earlier.  I think that many states don't report out until a little later this afternoon, so I expect it will go up even more.  

I mean before coronavirus, daily us total death rate. In 2017 it was about 8k. Just curious if we have seen the dramatic spike we should see. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Are you able to post side by side the number dying from the regular flu as well for a little context?

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

I mean before coronavirus, daily us total death rate. In 2017 it was about 8k. Just curious if we have seen the dramatic spike we should see. :dunno:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-estimates-us-coronavirus-peak-death-rate-extends-social-distancing-guidelines

Trump says coronavirus 'peak in death rate' likely in two weeks, extends social-distancing guidelines through April 30
President Trump on Sunday declared that "the peak in death rate" in the coronavirus pandemic "is likely to hit in two weeks," and said the federal government will be extending its social-distancing guidelines through April 30 as he attempted to brace nation for the possibility than 100,000 to 200,000 in the U.S. could die from the deadly virus.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Are you able to post side by side the number dying from the regular flu as well for a little context?

Trump's paraphrased quote was that "anything less than 100,000 dead would be a good job" and I agree with that basic sentiment. Most people who were optimistic in the beginning are seeing that this will be worse than any flu.

22 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

2% of those tested positive die in the USA.

I think those number are way to high.

I have heard a lot of reports indicating people who are NOT in need of care BUT have all the symptoms of Covid19, are sent home WITHOUT being tested or counted as a confirmed case.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

Trump's paraphrased quote was that "anything less than 100,000 dead would be a good job" and I agree with that basic sentiment. Most people who were optimistic in the beginning are seeing that this will be worse than any flu.

I'm not saying it's not.  I would like to see how bad the regular flu season this was/is this year compared to other years and how fast the regular flu numbers are increasing.

It is funny that the people wanting the data now are pointing to low numbers, but are ignoring the fact that we are just at the beginning.  We can count the bodies at the end and then see that it is not the flu.  In the meantime, it would be great to know how many have it, but we don't have the testing capabilities to do that still.  

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-estimates-us-coronavirus-peak-death-rate-extends-social-distancing-guidelines

Trump says coronavirus 'peak in death rate' likely in two weeks, extends social-distancing guidelines through April 30
President Trump on Sunday declared that "the peak in death rate" in the coronavirus pandemic "is likely to hit in two weeks," and said the federal government will be extending its social-distancing guidelines through April 30 as he attempted to brace nation for the possibility than 100,000 to 200,000 in the U.S. could die from the deadly virus.

That does not even come close to answering my question

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It is funny that the people wanting the data now are pointing to low numbers, but are ignoring the fact that we are just at the beginning.  We can count the bodies at the end and then see that it is not the flu.  In the meantime, it would be great to know how many have it, but we don't have the testing capabilities to do that still.  

Just at the beginning?  This thing has been around for 3+ months.  The University of Washington has projected when this thing will peak, based upon hospital resource usage, for all 50 states individually as well as overall.  We're within a couple weeks of peaking as long as we all continue doing what we're being asked to do:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

That does not even come close to answering my question

The article did answer the question. The spike is in the future, and ideally if everything goes according to plan there will not be a spike in mortality when compared to the normal daily mortality in the US.

It is the catch 22 of social distancing, if it works than the numbers would show that it was not needed.

Just now, Alias Detective said:

I don’t recall replying to you.  I was simply stating my hypothesis without regards to your question.  I seldom read your posts let alone offer a reply.

😕

I focked it all up ...quote function drives me nuts here. That was supposed to be to mstiki who for some reason put up a trump quote to deflect

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Just at the beginning?  This thing has been around for 3+ months.  The University of Washington has projected when this thing will peak, based upon hospital resource usage, for all 50 states individually as well as overall.  We're within a couple weeks of peaking as long as we all continue doing what we're being asked to do:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

If you read the underlying assumptions of that chart it assumes that the country will be shut down through August. This would mean that we are in the very beginning since that just started 2 weeks ago.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

If you read the underlying assumptions of that chart it assumes that the country will be shut down through August. This would mean that we are in the very beginning since that just started 2 weeks ago.

Shut down through August?  :o

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I focked it all up ...quote function drives me nuts here. That was supposed to be to mstiki who for some reason put up a trump quote to deflect

👍

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Link?   I looked at their link to their methods, which I found a bit wanting, but the word "August" is not mentioned once and I see no specific list of assumptions.  I assume you are looking at something different.  My link:

http://www.healthdata.org/research-article/forecasting-covid-19-impact-hospital-bed-days-icu-days-ventilator-days-and-deaths