Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

12 minutes ago, fandandy said:

This could get ugly.  

Mexico, with a population of 130 million, has only 356 ICU units, fewer than 50,000 hospital beds, fewer than 2,500 ICU beds, and just 5,523 ventilators. That’s for the entire country. (For context, New York City alone has about 6,000 ventilators and more than 2,000 ICU beds.)

But they have free healthcare for all.  I've been told unequivocally that national healthcare is the best!!

Wish we had a wall with Mexico. Even if it is racist. The great wall of China is a magnificent undertaking and a great piece of architecture though.  Not all walls are racist.  

1 hour ago, Strike said:

But they have free healthcare for all.  I've been told unequivocally that national healthcare is the best!!

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wish we had a wall with Mexico. Even if it is racist. The great wall of China is a magnificent undertaking and a great piece of architecture though.  Not all walls are racist.  

We should be mobilizing the military to seal the border completely until this crisis is over.  

Let’s not wait another week or two when it might be too late.   

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

We should be mobilizing the military to seal the border completely until this crisis is over.  

Let’s not wait another week or two when it might be too late.   

No doubt. A racist wall plus our military would be a great combo. 

• Like 1

Remember when the cool thing was to pretend you were sensitive to gluten so you could fake a disorder to get attention and not admit you were on a fad diet? Yea that’s done now, all the store shelves gluten free food is fully stocked with bare shelves around it. Just like that, everyone was cured.

• Haha 2

I would imagine that transgenders are suffering really hard since there isn't a daily update on their struggles from the left politicians. 

• Haha 1

I think this is all about getting us to a cashless society.  Maybe not this go-round but this is what I believe it will look like before they abolish physical cash and implement some sort of mark that's required to buy or sell.  It's biblical.  It's going to happen sooner or later.  It's never been more feasible nor as a people have we ever been more prepared and accepting of the possibility.  Most even now barely use actual cash, especially the younger generations.  I've even been hearing radio commercials saying how cash is potentially contaminated and not to use it during the pandemic.  They are preparing us for the inevitable.   

I think things are going to get better sometime next week, after some bad days. It’s been about 3 weeks when people became aware and began taking precautions and 2 weeks since things started shutting down and people really buckled down . Other parts of the country saw what was going on in NY and got prepared.  That’s my 2 cents.  

2 hours ago, fandandy said:

I think this is all about getting us to a cashless society.  Maybe not this go-round but this is what I believe it will look like before they abolish physical cash and implement some sort of mark that's required to buy or sell.  It's biblical.  It's going to happen sooner or later.  It's never been more feasible nor as a people have we ever been more prepared and accepting of the possibility.  Most even now barely use actual cash, especially the younger generations.  I've even been hearing radio commercials saying how cash is potentially contaminated and not to use it during the pandemic.  They are preparing us for the inevitable.   

If we go completely cashless, how does the fed print more money when we need it? Or does it all get "locked away" in a vault dollar for dollar to backup the total digital amount?

This is why crypto currency is viable. It was designed to be digital. I'm not saying it's a perfect solution, but the dollar was not created to be completely digital, and I am having a hard time imagining how that would be possible. 

My Uncle died last week. He had Parkinson's,  and dementia.  He fell regularly.  Was close to death on many occassions.  Official cause of death? Covid 19.  Our stats are completely out of whack. If they are attributing Covid 19 to every death these days, there has to be a conspiracy going on.

25 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

My Uncle died last week. He had Parkinson's,  and dementia.  He fell regularly.  Was close to death on many occassions.  Official cause of death? Covid 19.  Our stats are completely out of whack. If they are attributing Covid 19 to every death these days, there has to be a conspiracy going on.

That is how it has always been. If he had Parkinson’s and dementia, but was involved in a fatal car crash, the COD would be car crash. How else will you do it? 

Same with flu numbers BTW

15 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That is how it has always been. If he had Parkinson’s and dementia, but was involved in a fatal car crash, the COD would be car crash. How else will you do it? 

His death was a surprise to no one. Was a postmortem test. No symptoms.  Probably done on all deaths thse days.  I don't know how they calculate flu deaths.

18 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

But they infected him with it after he died.

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think things are going to get better sometime next week, after some bad days. It’s been about 3 weeks when people became aware and began taking precautions and 2 weeks since things started shutting down and people really buckled down . Other parts of the country saw what was going on in NY and got prepared.  That’s my 2 cents.  

I think so many people had their thumbs up their asses that we are still 7-10 days until we see a peak. It will still take a while for things to die down.

When this first started in mid-March, I figured mid-May would be the earliest for things to lighten up. I still think that is a best case scenario.

Definitely a week or two out from the peak in our area. Things are already bad, and we still only have a small fraction of the number of cases and deaths that the counties to our south and east have.

6 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Definitely a week or two out from the peak in our area. Things are already bad, and we still only have a small fraction of the number of cases and deaths that the counties to our south and east have.

Hang in there, brother!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

If we go completely cashless, how does the fed print more money when we need it? Or does it all get "locked away" in a vault dollar for dollar to backup the total digital amount?

This is why crypto currency is viable. It was designed to be digital. I'm not saying it's a perfect solution, but the dollar was not created to be completely digital, and I am having a hard time imagining how that would be possible. 

Honestly, I don't know.  When it does happen I believe that it will be one global currency though and not just the US, and who knows, maybe you are right and it is some form of a cryptocurrency but it will be implanted on or in the person somehow.  I'm not saying it will happen now, I certainly hope it doesn't, but the time to do it will be when they completely crash the global economy which is what seems to be happening now.

1 hour ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Whereabouts in Michigan?  

2 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Flint area.

Midland here.  It's definitely creeping north.  

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Midland here.  It's definitely creeping north.  

We went from 52 confirmed to 62 in my 8 hour shift yesterday, with 28 in testing. When I left, we were up to 57 ventilators running (45 is the highest I have seen hospital wide at any point in my 11 years), 32 on COVID patients. This sh*t isn't the flu.

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Please explain to me how a border wall can be racist? People from over 50 different countries cross our southern border illegally. 

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Please explain to me how a border wall can be racist?

I can’t.  But I was told it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Please explain to me how a border wall can be racist? People from over 50 different countries cross our southern border illegally. 

We have 70 million Latinos in this country, but if 1 can get in, we are racist. Libs are a silly bunch.

2 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

We went from 52 confirmed to 62 in my 8 hour shift yesterday, with 28 in testing. When I left, we were up to 57 ventilators running (45 is the highest I have seen hospital wide at any point in my 11 years), 32 on COVID patients. This sh*t isn't the flu.

I appreciate what you're doing on the front lines of this epidemic. Shorepatrol thinks your lying though

The mayor of NY City claims they just learned that asymptomatic people can transmit the Coronavirus within the last 48 hours.  What a focking idiot.  I feel sorry for anyone relying on this guy to stay healthy/safe.

11 hours ago, fandandy said:

Wait what?  You think this entire corona virus situation is to get us to a cashless society?

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think we have to ride out April till we see significant improvements 

5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

107 year old woman died in Michigan last week. Wanna guess the cause?

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Wait what?  You think this entire corona virus situation is to get us to a cashless society?

In a way, yes.  I believe that it will happen someday and that this type of event could be what triggers it.  

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Can't have a pandemic without deaths.

If she would've loved until 108 without covid-19, what do you put as cause of death?

37 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Complications due to childbirth?

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

We have 70 million Latinos in this country, but if 1 can get in, we are racist. Libs are a silly bunch.

Deport

44 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Death by pulling a GC train?